*    matches any number of characters
%    matches exactly one character

UFC 129 Main Card Breakdown

Read original Top MMA News article

1:49 pm
April 28, 2011

Top MMA News Staff

posts 11

After a stacked with Canadians preliminary card (see prelim breakdown), Toronto gets down to business with Georges St-Pierre vs Jake Shields and the rest of the main card. Here are Top MMA News’ writers prediction on the main card fights:

Jason Brilz (18-3-1) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (25-5)

Derek: Both guys are basically the same fighter with solid stand up and excellent wrestling. Matyushenko is better at both and should get the win.
Matyushenko via Decision

Robert: Brilz is faster, stronger and hungry to impress.
Brilz via KO in Round 1

Cody B: I thought Nogueira would run through Brilz last year in May at UFC 114.…

Read original Top MMA News article

5:32 pm
April 28, 2011

Cody Bargholz

posts 7

I can't believe that I was the only one of us to call GSP by Unanimous Decision!

9:48 am
April 29, 2011

Keith Grienke

posts 714

I cannot believe that no one picked Hominick. Machine by Triangle in Round 3.

11:31 am
April 29, 2011

posts 4

Post edited 11:32 am – April 29, 2011 by Laj

GSP vs Shields

The obvious key to this fight will be how GSP will handle if/when Shields get's top position.  I think Shields will have him in serious trouble at some point, but won't be able to finish.  But ultimately, GSP will Jab/Sprawl/takedown in the last minute his way to a Unanimous decision.

GSP Majority Decision

Randy vs. Machida

I know Randy has defied odds time and time again, but I really don't see how he can take this fight.  He needs to close the distance and eliminate all space to have a chance. Machida's moves so well that there's no way Randy doesn't get tagged a few times on the way in.  I just can't see his chin holding up.

Machida via 2nd KO

Aldo vs Hominick

I'd love to go Hominick and really hope he wins, but how can you not choose someone who's pretty much better at every aspect of MMA?  It will be fun to see the stand up battle though because Hominick's not far behind in that department , and who knows how Aldo will perform after his injury, but I think he'll prevail.

Aldo via 1st round KO

Bocek vs. Bendo

I can't honestly say I've watched enough of Bendo to form a good opinion on this one.  All I know is that  Bocek is one tough dude with some great submissions and decent wrestling.  I think he'll win with takedowns and controlling the position. 

Bocek via split decision

Janitor vs. Brilz

For no reason other the edge in wrestling and experience.

Janitor via unanimous decision

About the Top MMA News at Forum

Most Users Ever Online: 196

Currently Online:
12 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1
Forums: 6
Topics: 1565

There are 65955 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There are 3 Admins
There is 1 Moderator

Top Posters:

boygirl – 491
T.J. COLETTI – 300
harry balls – 290
Robin Black – 235
Jamie Locke – 222
Mike Davis – 212
Bobby Karimi-Busheri – 206
Sean Quinn – 196
Tyler Davis – 160
DeViLBoY – 105

Recent New Members: 4Rsercom, advsoftware, SupportADV, livetech365, fifa17sara

Discussion contents reflect the views of individual participants only. Top MMA News bears no responsibility for accuracy of participant comments and will bear no legal liability for discussion results. By using the Top MMA News forums, you are agreeing to abide by the Top MMA News forum rules.