Jon Jones Out of UFC 133 Title Fight vs Rashad Evans

Read original Top MMA News article

UserPost

5:20 pm
April 25, 2011

Keith Grienke

Admin

posts 714

Unfortunately, Jon Jones will not be defending his title at UFC 133, according to the Canadian Press.   Jones has apparently suffered a torn ligament in his hand that has forced him to pull out of his main event against Rashad Evans.

Phil Davis will step into Jones' spot on the main card in what should be a #1 contender matchup.  Davis is 9-0 in his career and most recently defeated Antonio Rogerio Nogueira by decision.

Rashad Evans has not fought since May 2010.  Injuries to Shogun Rua and then to himself kept Evans from title shots.  Now an injury to UFC…

Read original Top MMA News article

5:26 pm
April 25, 2011

twizz

posts 5

im surprised they pulled in phil davis to step up to the challenge, but if this fight happens this is a big chance for phil davis to step in to serious contendership in the light-heavyweight division. im not too sure if hes ready to fight a guy in his prime as evans is, but look forward to seeing the fight either way.

My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world.
Muhammad Ali

10:02 am
April 26, 2011

Tyler Davis

posts 160

Wow thumb injury….wow, I've seen owen carr break his thumb a week before he fought, and learned of possible eye injury. Gameplan? Use jab and knees, I'm sure I could rip his thumb right off…..he would still fight.

10:09 am
April 26, 2011

Keith Grienke

Admin

posts 714

Post edited 9:24 am – April 27, 2011 by Keith Grienke

im surprised they pulled in phil davis to step up to the challenge, but if this fight happens this is a big chance for phil davis to step in to serious contendership in the light-heavyweight division. im not too sure if hes ready to fight a guy in his prime as evans is, but look forward to seeing the fight either way.

I am not too thrilled to see Davis and Evans fight. It will be interesting to see who the better MMA wrestler is or if they nullify each other and start swinging.

11:34 pm
April 26, 2011

Tyler Davis

posts 160

sounds like the rumours of rashad beating jones in training is true, i mean i couldnt see a thumb injury reason enough to pull out of a fight

9:23 am
April 27, 2011

Keith Grienke

Admin

posts 714

Tyler Davis said:

sounds like the rumours of rashad beating jones in training is true, i mean i couldnt see a thumb injury reason enough to pull out of a fight

Good point Tyler.

About the Top MMA News at topmmanews.com Forum

Most Users Ever Online: 196

Currently Online:
13 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1
Forums: 6
Topics: 1602

Membership:

There are 66698 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There are 3 Admins
There is 1 Moderator

Top Posters:

boygirl – 491
T.J. COLETTI – 300
harry balls – 290
Robin Black – 235
Jamie Locke – 222
Mike Davis – 212
Bobby Karimi-Busheri – 206
Sean Quinn – 196
Tyler Davis – 160
DeViLBoY – 105

Recent New Members: ks35645883, randy14nov, fifaco123, PriyaReddy, williamson

Discussion contents reflect the views of individual participants only. Top MMA News bears no responsibility for accuracy of participant comments and will bear no legal liability for discussion results. By using the Top MMA News forums, you are agreeing to abide by the Top MMA News forum rules.