*    matches any number of characters
%    matches exactly one character

Top Canadian KO of 2010

UserPost

1:43 pm
December 30, 2010

mmarocks

posts 4

What was the best KO from any Canadian MMA event this year?

2:24 pm
December 30, 2010

Robin Black

posts 235

David Perron had a pretty clean KO of Nathan Swayze at AFC in Victoria.
Antonio Carvhalo had a sweet clean counterpunch KO win at W-1.
Chris Clements had a monster KO of Jon Goulet at Ringside in Montreal. That one HAS to be on the list.

Don't like to toot my own horn but I got this pretty cool TKO this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..FnJgGnvLYY

(at the end of the clip, Swick, Lashley and Randy weigh-in on it)

It ain't no KO of the year but it was a pretty neat finish, and was a crazy surprise for both Matt and I.

2:28 pm
December 30, 2010

Robin Black

posts 235

Anyone remember any head kick KOs this year?

4:05 pm
December 30, 2010

Tyler Davis

posts 160

I do I do

4:08 pm
December 30, 2010

Tyler Davis

posts 160

Does anyone remember any head kick ko's in which facial bones were broken…..yes this is desperation talking

4:26 pm
December 30, 2010

Tyler Davis

posts 160

Any one remember any jab overhand right to switch head kick knock out? Pleassssseeeeee someone say they remember wahhhhh p.s. I'm not crying…..shutup….wah……ok maybe I'm crying

5:10 pm
December 30, 2010

Mike Davis

posts 212

in every way is this biased but Tyler's switch head kick at KOTC 48 what left Feeney out for over 3 minutes and a broken jaw was pretty impressive and in every way biased I think it is KO of the year that I have seen with my own eyes.  Clements was pretty steller also but head kicks that land that clean are rare.  Also Haugues pair over Jensen and Wuiff where pretty nice also but I know my borther gets my vote there.

5:15 pm
December 30, 2010

Jason Bouwmeester

Admin

posts 179

Post edited 5:18 pm – December 30, 2010 by Jason Bouwmeester

LOL Tyler… yes your head kick KO was pretty deadly.

To answer Robin's question, Tom "Kong" Watson had a nice one against Travis Galbraith at MFC 24 – in fact I think it's up for a Bazzie.

Tom Watson head kick KO of Travis Galbraith

Another nice head kick KO this year was Jesse Juarez on Nathan Gunn – also at MFC 24. To think I actually got 5 shots of that 11 second fight ;)

Jesse Juarez head kick KO of Nathan Gunn

TKO Photography: sports photography + design + marketing

5:18 pm
December 30, 2010

Mike Davis

posts 212

Jason Bouwmeester said:

LOL Tyler… yes your head kick KO was pretty deadly.

To answer Robin's question, Tom "Kong" Watson had a nice one against Travis Galbraith at MFC 24 – in fact I think it's up for a Bazzie.

Tom Watson head kick KO of Travis Galbraith

Another nice head kick KO this year was Jesse Juarez on Nathan Gunn – also at MFC 24. To think I actually got 5 shots of that 11 second fight ;)

Jesse Juarez head kick KO of Nathan Gunn

While yes those did happen in Canada I think we are aiming for Canadian fighters who scored the KO's. Not on the reciveing end:P

5:19 pm
December 30, 2010

Jason Bouwmeester

Admin

posts 179

Post edited 5:21 pm – December 30, 2010 by Jason Bouwmeester

Mike Davis said:

While yes those did happen in Canada I think we are aiming for Canadian fighters who scored the KO's. Not on the reciveing end:P

For the 2010 KO of the year for sure – but to quote the op of the thread "What was the best KO from any Canadian MMA event this year?" ;) Mind you, the thread topic is a bit vague with Top Canadian KO of 2010… so:

1. Top Canadian KO'ing someone of 2010.
  2. Top Canadian being KO'd by someone in 2010.
  3. Top KO in a Canadian promotion.

There… it's clarified. LMAO.

5:26 pm
December 30, 2010

Mike Davis

posts 212

That is true I just read title of Canadian Ko so assumed they ment by a Canadian fighter, touche my good sir.

9:01 pm
December 30, 2010

trent_thorne

posts 83

Hague's Knock outs this year were spectacular!!! But on the other hand so was Davis's aswell! its a close one but id say just by pure brutality Davis has it!

9:46 pm
December 30, 2010

Cody Rempel

posts 205

Post edited 9:47 pm – December 30, 2010 by Cody Rempel

"Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world.

It is something that is within each of us. Believe in the Power of One"

-Evan Tanner

10:48 pm
December 30, 2010

mmarocks

posts 4

Trent, your KO win at KOTC deserves to be on the list too!

12:06 am
December 31, 2010

Keith Grienke

Admin

posts 714

Stay tuned.  Top MMA News will be announcing its winners soon.

12:16 am
December 31, 2010

Tyler Davis

posts 160

Thank you very much Mr Thorne, means alot coming from you. Hauges ko's this year were great to see in person, i dont think a yankee should be on the list just cause he fought on a canadian promotion, and canadian getting knocked out is kinda wierd too. This  should be canadian fighters knocking people out.

11:07 am
December 31, 2010

Jason Bouwmeester

Admin

posts 179

Tyler Davis said:

i dont think a yankee should be on the list just cause he fought on a canadian promotion, and canadian getting knocked out is kinda wierd too. This  should be canadian fighters knocking people out.

LOL, was just adding mud to an already muddy topic/initial posting. But yes, should definitely be Top Canadian KO'ing someone this year – not necessarily even in a Canadian promotion either.

11:10 am
December 31, 2010

Tyler Davis

posts 160

Don't give a british guy top canadian ko of the year, it would be unpatriotic….where is andy social

12:37 pm
December 31, 2010

trent_thorne

posts 83

thanks mmarocks! lets hope i can get a few more of those next year! ;) Tyler it was a nasty KO what can i say i can appreciate a good KO when i see it! lol and ya dont award best canadian ko to a british guy or a guy that got KO'ed! there were plenty of spectacular ko's this year to sort through rather that awarding it to someone otherwise!   cheers to everyone and cheers to mma in 2011!

12:40 pm
December 31, 2010

cody krahn

posts 11

trent's overhand right KO of chad frey is easily my pick

No Tags

About the Top MMA News at topmmanews.com Forum

Most Users Ever Online: 196

Currently Online:
11 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1
Forums: 6
Topics: 1618

Membership:

There are 66770 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There are 3 Admins
There is 1 Moderator

Top Posters:

boygirl – 491
T.J. COLETTI – 300
harry balls – 290
Robin Black – 235
Jamie Locke – 222
Mike Davis – 212
Bobby Karimi-Busheri – 206
Sean Quinn – 196
Tyler Davis – 160
DeViLBoY – 105

Recent New Members: at0307769, starwar16, andrew14nov, rajmehta021010, Movingsolutions

Discussion contents reflect the views of individual participants only. Top MMA News bears no responsibility for accuracy of participant comments and will bear no legal liability for discussion results. By using the Top MMA News forums, you are agreeing to abide by the Top MMA News forum rules.