Mike Davis

posts 212

Post edited 3:40 pm – April 28, 2011 by Mike Davis

Last

Rankings

Taking a

look at what has happened lately.

1) Nick Denis(9-2)

*Been inactive but rumored fight against Kyle Dietz(5-2) coming up at MMA LIVE 1, in my opinion #1 spot is in risk if Ivan Menjivar(21-8)gets a win in Toronto against Charlie Velencia (12-6) in the UFC.

2) Adrian Wooley(7-1)

*Another inactive fighter , people say he is having a hard time finding fights.

3) Roland Delorme(6-1)

*Has not fought since his loss against Eric Wilson

4) Eric Wilson(5-0)

*Big upcoming title fight against extremely tough John Fraser(7-3) dropping down from 145 takes place in Wreck MMA.

5) Hardeep Singh(10-2)

*Suffered a loss in China in Legends promotion by submission,  heard rumor of retirement but in doubt of

that, needs a good win.

6) Clayton Sheen(5-1)

*Lost Kotc strap in first lost to young Ryan Kynsch(5-5) by Sheen’s strength a submission

7) Eric Perez(6-2)

*has not fought in 2011 but coming off 5 straight wins with Morvan and Waardenberg on that list he is safe in my eyes.

8) Diego Wilson(5-1)

*Another top 10 fighter losing to unranked ultra tough 5-0 Josh Hill

9) Remi Morvan(7-6)

*only 1-5 in last 6 put’s Morvan on a massive downslide off top 10, needs to go get some solid wins.

10) Ryan Diaz(13-13)

*Canada’s original journeyman has lost his only 2 fights in 2010 and has not been active at all,he is off list.

Coming Up

& Random Thoughts

*Josh Hill

(5-0) got a massive win in a 5 round win over #8 ranked Wilson, look for him to

climb up

*Dmitri

Waardenberg(7-4) on a 5 fight win streak with one over #9 ranked Morvan, in my

eyes he takes a spot

*Ivan

Menjivar(21-8) regardless of results this weekend belongs in top 10, with win I

would put him at #1

*John Fraser

(7-3) drops in weight and has a fight against #4 ranked Wilson

*Ryan Kynsch(5-5)

defeats high ranked Clayton Sheen what mix’s things up also

*Stephane

Pelletier(4-1) faces off against Waardenberg, winner of this fight defiantly belongs

on this list.

Did I miss something?, just random thoughts, so many guys now its nuts I mean you got

Arnold Ranon 3-1 upcoming fight, Tyler Davis 4-2 upcoming fight, Denis Puric 3-1

upcoming fight, Mike Imperato 3-0 upcoming fight, Marc Beausolei 6-2, Mike Hong

3-1-1, JJ Daoust 2-0 upcoming fight, Owen Carr 4-1-1, Corey Lautischer 5-1, Sean Quinn 4-4 ok

there are way too many to name but how do you guys see the top 10 shaping up?

Any fights you guys would like to see get put together ?

11:08 pm
April 28, 2011

Tyler Davis

posts 160

good list, on other honorable mentions mike davis6-3? lol i like how hill isnt on there even though he beat diego, cause what a snooze fest that was

11:53 pm
April 28, 2011

Sean Quinn

posts 196

All you fucking dummies are in for a rude awakening. That's all I have to say about that.

9:52 am
April 29, 2011

Keith Grienke

Admin

posts 714

No doubt Hill makes this. Where does Menjivar sit? Has he even won at 135?

12:06 pm
April 29, 2011

@clinchcraig

posts 17

Anyone have the time to do regional lists? Like even a top 10 east and west??

5:40 pm
April 29, 2011

justsayin

posts 18

Hill's first three fights were against fights with records of o-o and his fourth was against a 1-0. I think he is over rated and ya his Wilson fight was a snooze fest!

5:48 pm
April 29, 2011

Robin Black

posts 235

Hill is gonna be very very tough to beat.

Unless someone has wrestling near his level he's gonna control the fight.

I didn't think it was a snoozefest. I thought it was technical and cool.

Anxious to see Diego's next fight. That 25 minutes is going to really help him improve. He's gonna be even better.

5:53 pm
April 29, 2011

Mike Davis

posts 212

Sean Quinn said:

All you fucking dummies are in for a rude awakening. That's all I have to say about that.

what do you mean Quinn about you cause I know your easily one of the top guys in the country lol a fight with a guy like Hill I think you would smash him and half of that list.

5:54 pm
April 29, 2011

justsayin

posts 18

Quinn vs Hill would be a good match up and if you ask me I think Quinn's record is worthy of it compared to Hill's.

5:56 pm
April 29, 2011

Mike Davis

posts 212

Robin Black said:

Hill is gonna be very very tough to beat.

Unless someone has wrestling near his level he's gonna control the fight.

I didn't think it was a snoozefest. I thought it was technical and cool.

Anxious to see Diego's next fight. That 25 minutes is going to really help him improve. He's gonna be even better.

I would love to see Diego take on a guy like Denis Puric!!!

anyone I missed? so many up and comers out there.

5:59 pm
April 29, 2011

Mike Davis

posts 212

justsayin said:

Quinn vs Hill would be a good match up and if you ask me I think Quinn's record is worthy of it compared to Hill's.

well look at the guy who Quinn lost too, I personally think Quinn would smash Hill.  Style wise Hill would have tons of problems and Quinn's striking has came a far way in the last little bit, and sorry Quinn your 5-4 put 4-4.  This list is going warp hardcore.

6:29 pm
April 29, 2011

Robin Black

posts 235

There's so many good guys at 135 in Canada. Scary.

At the very top is Denis and Wooley, and they are the most complete guys and too much for most of the rest.
Right below them though there's 4 or 5 dudes at the next level. Delorme, Hill, Quinn, probably Fraser….
Right below that another scary level, Dmitri lookin better and better, Brent Fryia, Perez, Remi will be even more dangerous as people start underestimating him, Diego Wilson, Eric Wilson, Sheen, Pelltier, Hardeep, others.
Then knocking on that door there's always-dangerous-guys like the heart and guts of the Davis', Puric and his striking, Ryan K, andup-and-comers like Mike Hong, the subs of the well-coached Imperato, the karate of Mady (someone gonna comment no doubt) the bad-ass Carr, lotsa guys.

we could play matchmaker for a bit.

I'd like to see Perez vs Dmitri II, Hill vs Delorme, Quinn vs Fraser, Tyler Davis vs Puric, Fryia vs Knysh, Imperato vs Hong, Mady vs Mike Davis

Man look at all the exciting potential match ups. You could do an awesome card of just good Bantamweights. Throw in a Bibby vs a Morvan or 2…..

Of course Denis vs Wooley would be cool but there's lots in it for fans and not much in it for those 2. And they've trained together recently.

6:29 pm
April 29, 2011

Robin Black

posts 235

Toss in a Frazcuxxxitxtrixzzz or 2 too

6:45 pm
April 29, 2011

justsayin

posts 18

Your so right Robin! I can see a Bantam Tournament in the making. Many surprises to come in the near future as this division develops.

6:59 pm
April 29, 2011

Mike Davis

posts 212

Post edited 7:02 pm – April 29, 2011 by Mike Davis

Robin Black said:

There's so many good guys at 135 in Canada. Scary.

At the very top is Denis and Wooley, and they are the most complete guys and too much for most of the rest.

Right below them though there's 4 or 5 dudes at the next level. Delorme, Hill, Quinn, probably Fraser….

Right below that another scary level, Dmitri lookin better and better, Brent Fryia, Perez, Remi will be even more dangerous as people start underestimating him, Diego Wilson, Eric Wilson, Sheen, Pelltier, Hardeep, others.

Then knocking on that door there's always-dangerous-guys like the heart and guts of the Davis', Puric and his striking, Ryan K, andup-and-comers like Mike Hong, the subs of the well-coached Imperato, the karate of Mady (someone gonna comment no doubt) the bad-ass Carr, lotsa guys.

we could play matchmaker for a bit.

I'd like to see Perez vs Dmitri II, Hill vs Delorme, Quinn vs Fraser, Tyler Davis vs Puric, Fryia vs Knysh, Imperato vs Hong, Mady vs Mike Davis

Man look at all the exciting potential match ups. You could do an awesome card of just good Bantamweights. Throw in a Bibby vs a Morvan or 2…..

Of course Denis vs Wooley would be cool but there's lots in it for fans and not much in it for those 2. And they've trained together recently.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to get that fight.

I would like to see my brother vs Corey Lautischer some time, think they match up in a really fun way.  Tony Bibby vs Ryan Brigham would be good to see as a fan also I think.

7:05 pm
April 29, 2011

Mike Davis

posts 212

Imperato vs Kynsch

Puric vs Wilson

Beausolei vs Carr 2 ( want to see it!!!!!)

Quinn vs Hill (would love the match up)

Perez vs Singh

SO many great fights, Robin we going see a comeback soon? lol

7:13 pm
April 29, 2011

Mike Davis

posts 212

Keith Grienke said:

No doubt Hill makes this. Where does Menjivar sit? Has he even won at 135?

Menjivar I think is #2 at least depending if he wins, if he does win he gets #1 spot and I think it would be his first win at 135, has fought Pickett and loss but still he should be high on list like common.  He has beat better competition then anyone on list looking at his losses its a who's who list like GSP, Black, Uno, Pickett, Riberio, Serra, and Palaszewski.  He belongs in the top 3 without a doubt.

7:23 pm
April 29, 2011

Keith Grienke

Admin

posts 714

Mike … If I lost to all those guys, should I be number 1? I don't think finishing second in a fight is an indicator of a great fighter.

8:01 pm
April 29, 2011

justsayin

posts 18

W-L records should mean absolutely nothing by themselves. It is about the type of wins/losses, opposition quality, and activity.

A fighters value starts to a build a picture when you analyze his opponents and their records . Getting ranked should be all about being active and productive against quality competition.

Bottom line is fighters should be ranked higher because they've achieved more and are currently active on a competitive basis.

9:07 pm
April 29, 2011

Keith Grienke

Admin

posts 714

Justsayin….. So in the past 4 years, Ivan Menjivar is 1-1. He has beaten Aaron Miller at 145 and lost to Brad Pickett at 135. Where, if anywhere, do you rank him in the Canada top 10?

No Tags

About the Top MMA News at topmmanews.com Forum

Most Users Ever Online: 196

Currently Online:
18 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1
Forums: 6
Topics: 1603

Membership:

There are 66716 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There are 3 Admins
There is 1 Moderator

Top Posters:

boygirl – 491
T.J. COLETTI – 300
harry balls – 290
Robin Black – 235
Jamie Locke – 222
Mike Davis – 212
Bobby Karimi-Busheri – 206
Sean Quinn – 196
Tyler Davis – 160
DeViLBoY – 105

Recent New Members: Movingsolutions, ks35645883, randy14nov, fifaco123, PriyaReddy

Discussion contents reflect the views of individual participants only. Top MMA News bears no responsibility for accuracy of participant comments and will bear no legal liability for discussion results. By using the Top MMA News forums, you are agreeing to abide by the Top MMA News forum rules.