%    matches exactly one character

Best of 2010 – Top Canadian Prospect of the Year

Read original Top MMA News article

UserPost

3:34 pm
December 26, 2010

Top MMA News Staff

posts 11

Let's define the term 'prospect' first – Top MMA News sees a prospect as any Canadian who has not ever fought in the UFC or Strikeforce (Strikeforce Challengers not included).   Here are a few examples – Sarah Kaufman is not a prospect as she fought in Strikeforce.  John Makdessi is not a prospect as he fought in the UFC.  John Alessio is not a prospect because he fought in the UFC.  Dwayne Lewis, although in his 30s, remains a prospect.

Once again, seven Top MMA News correspondents voted on…

Read original Top MMA News article

4:16 pm
December 26, 2010

DeViLBoY

posts 105

David Perron?? At least should be an HM

4:18 pm
December 26, 2010

DeViLBoY

posts 105

and Ryan Jimmo… and is Cirkunov canadian?

4:33 pm
December 26, 2010

DeViLBoY

posts 105

and what bout Ryan Ford??

top 5:

1) Ryan Jimmo (beat Gouveia in 2010)

2) Ryan Ford (beat Spratt and Speer in 2010)

3) Guillaume Delorenzi

4) Steve Bosse

5) Martin Desilets

HM Gary Wright (if he fights again he moves to number 2)

4:33 pm
December 26, 2010

LMJ

posts 10

I can't believe Ryan Jimmo is not on this list—he is the # 1 lightheavy weight fighter in Canada !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:41 pm
December 26, 2010

Dean Panas

posts 14

I am looking at it different then most. I think some on the list are more then "prospects".  Jimmo and Ford do not deserve to be on a "Top Canadian Prospect" list, they are already a couple of the top guys in the country and it would be an insult.  I think it should be for guys who are not already in top ten rankings for their weight class.

6:20 pm
December 26, 2010

DeViLBoY

posts 105

so its for prospects who arent in the top canadian rankings of their weight class? cuz delorenzi is in the top for his weight…. if delorenzi and mein and lewis are in… then jimmo and ford should be too

6:28 pm
December 26, 2010

Keith Grienke

Admin

posts 714

This is based on 2010 performance only.  Jimmo had one win in 2010.  Not enough for the list. 

If this was based on career, then Jimmo would be right at the top.

6:29 pm
December 26, 2010

Keith Grienke

Admin

posts 714

DeViLBoY said:

2) Ryan Ford (beat Spratt and Speer in 2010)

Ryan Ford beat Speer and a guy he already beat.  His loss to Lima really hurt his prospect status.

6:30 pm
December 26, 2010

Keith Grienke

Admin

posts 714

DeViLBoY said:

Gary Wright did not beat anyone in 2010.  Not even considered for this list if you did not fight.

10:33 pm
December 26, 2010

DeViLBoY

posts 105

1 win over Wilson Gouveia > 2 wins over valimaki so Jimmo should be higher than desilets atleast… and what about bosse? A win over the Beastman and Mychal Clark dont get you a HM atleast?

12:44 am
December 27, 2010

Dean Panas

posts 14

Maybe the name of the article should be "Who Had the Best 2010". I think "Prospect" is the issue.

2:32 am
December 27, 2010

harry balls

posts 290

Keith Grienke said:

DeViLBoY said:

Gary Wright did not beat anyone in 2010.  Not even considered for this list if you did not fight.

But he sure could weave a dream…..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..nn0L6055gs

• The standard of excellence on any job
    site is defined by the sloppiest piece of work you will accept.

– F. Jones

If Darwin was right Bobby’s back should be turning into a matress soon.- Get Realz, on Bobby K

12:32 pm
December 27, 2010

trent_thorne

posts 83

this should be the best of 2010 your right Dean! all these guys are great fighter but when i think prospect i definetly think a few guys are missing! But i do like the fact that you guys are even posting interesting articals like this!

1:55 pm
December 27, 2010

Keith Grienke

Admin

posts 714

DeViLBoY said:

1 win over Wilson Gouveia > 2 wins over valimaki so Jimmo should be higher than desilets atleast… and what about bosse? A win over the Beastman and Mychal Clark dont get you a HM atleast?

Jimmo is a great prospect and probably the #1 prospect in Canada.  Like I said, his one victory over Gouveia was not enough to get him on the 2010 list.

Everyone on staff (and a few who are not on staff) were asked to nominate fighters.  After all nominations were received, the group had votes to cast on the nominations.  These are the results.

3:00 pm
December 27, 2010

DeViLBoY

posts 105

well i dunno who u asked to nominate and vote but you might need to find some better guys… David Perron should be on that list somewhere… 4-0 and all stoppages… 3 stoppage wins in 2010…

3:46 pm
December 27, 2010

Robin Black

posts 235

Perron did look OUTSTANDING at AMMA in Victoria. The guy is gonna be great. I'm a fan already.

He is 3-0 this year, 4-0 total. Unfortunately all 4 wins are over guys with losing records. That may have played into the judges minds.

Dude will be on the list next year I bet.

Jesse Gross should be on that list too, but some of his fights were on the rez so maybe that's why.

Watch for Clint Kingsbury, Lenny Wheeler, Misha, Alex Ricci, Perez, Diego Wilson, Brent Fryia, Shane Campbell, and tons of others next year.

My mind explodes when I think of how crazy good this "prospect" list will look this time next year.

Watch. Our minds will be blown by this time next year when we see the level guys will be at.

1:32 pm
December 29, 2010

KURT-TRIPLE CROWN FIGHTER

posts 49

Great to see Eric Wilson on the Honorable Mentions list! We are excited for 2011!

11:21 am
December 31, 2010

Tyler Davis

posts 160

Shane campell is a definite "prospect" and martin stress desillet

2:44 pm
January 9, 2011

Jamie Locke

posts 222

I think that Perron should at least be an HM as well. Like RB said, he is 3-0 in 2010 and 4-0 overall. I think it's unfair to say all of his opponents had losing records, as 3 of them were 0-0 when facing David, then had losing records after. He also stepped up against veteran Nolan "The Minister" Clark after Clark was coming off a nice KO win in the LGIO show.

As was also stated, Perron has finished all of his fghts. In his debut (with 6 months mma trainng) Perron took Pendragon Smith into the third round before finishing with a T(KO). This showed he had both the stamina to make it into deep water, and the gas to finish once he got there. In his second fight, Perron KO'd his opponent with 27 seconds after the bell. He then faced Clark, who had much more experience than David. In this fight, Clark landed a sweet TD but Davdi reversed and coersed a verbal submission due to strikes from "The Minister". Then, to finish off 2010, Perron landed the beauty 1,2 KO over Nathan "Roadhouse" Swayze. 2010 was a great year for Perron!

He may not be on the list this year, but look for big things from Perron in 2011.

About the Top MMA News at topmmanews.com Forum

Most Users Ever Online: 196

Currently Online:
12 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1
Forums: 6
Topics: 1602

Membership:

There are 66691 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There are 3 Admins
There is 1 Moderator

Top Posters:

boygirl – 491
T.J. COLETTI – 300
harry balls – 290
Robin Black – 235
Jamie Locke – 222
Mike Davis – 212
Bobby Karimi-Busheri – 206
Sean Quinn – 196
Tyler Davis – 160
DeViLBoY – 105

Recent New Members: ks35645883, randy14nov, fifaco123, PriyaReddy, williamson

Discussion contents reflect the views of individual participants only. Top MMA News bears no responsibility for accuracy of participant comments and will bear no legal liability for discussion results. By using the Top MMA News forums, you are agreeing to abide by the Top MMA News forum rules.