KOTC Canada 73 – Lethbridge – June 16

Date: June 16, 2017
Venue: Exhibition Park in Lethbridge, Alberta
TV:
Tickets: Buy Tickets – (403) 894-8424

Pro MMA:
155lbs- Curtis Demarce (17-12) vs. Tom O’Connor (5-1)
205lbs- Devon Smith (3-3) vs. Sheldon Doll (3-3)

Amateur MMA:
125lbs- Mitch Wiles (0-0) vs. Carlos Marquina (0-0)
145lbs- Chris Melanson (2-0) vs. Ashmat Bashir (1-0)
155lbs- Andrew Mavridis (1-0) vs. Nic Badura (0-1)
155lbs- Laine Foxton (0-0) vs. Jake Meir (0-0)
135lbs- Lorin Motruk (0-0) vs. Mike Miechkota (0-0)
145lbs- Dakota Ruttan (1-0) vs. Scott Gunn (0-4)
170lbs- Robert Kovacevic vs. Ryan O’Connor (1-0)
185lbs- Sterling Michetti (0-1) vs. Joel Burgess (0-0)
185lbs- Tydus Bekkattla (0-0) vs. Logan Heavyshields (0-1)

Muay Thai:
165lbs- Jules Beardly vs. Cody Jerome
160lbs- Ryan Moore vs. Connor Derry
195lbs- Kevin McCarthy vs. Allen Hurst
140lbs- Melissa Croden vs. Shelbi Bates

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

10 Responses to “ KOTC Canada 73 – Lethbridge – June 16 ”

1. Junk says:

only two pro fights?

2. Bjj fan says:

Its sad to say kotc was at one time the show to fight for.All the best fighters in Canada were gunning for the kotc pro title. Now it’s just another show that doesn’t want to pay guys to travel or pay pro fighters. Come on Ken make mma great again in Canada.

3. EPerez says:

When was that?

4. ken kupsch says:

Thanks Bjj fan!

The problem is that those great shows cost me over two million dollars and I’m not willing to do that anymore. You will see all kinds of guys come with a big splash but as soon as they lose a couple hundred grand, they’re gone. Very few promotions have ever made money in this business.

I’m not happy dealing with most of the commissions in Canada anymore and I don’t really need the stress of putting on events.

That said, I will still co-promote some shows with guys I feel are solid, we do have some really good promoters in Canada that I like working with.

Junk, one of the MT fights is pro as well, but it’s not like we tried to have more am than pro. Paying out for a few more pro fights wouldn’t have been an issue, it’s just that there were more amateurs that wanted fights than pros.

Making money at mma has never been a priority for me, but when I have a partner, I also have a responsibility to try not to lose money.

EPerez, you have no idea how little I care about what you think lol.

It’s always fun to drop in here to see what’s up!

5. Not a BJJ Fan says:

Bjj fan

I see is the new Top MMA news troll bashing all the promotions on every feed. Get a life

Well said Ken

6. MMAFAN!!! says:

Im sure the show will be great like always, kudos Ken for always giving the fighters in Canada a place to showcase their skills.

7. Jab says:

I don’t think anybody cares what eperez thinks

8. Joe Dirt says:

I honestly don’t think Eperez cares what Eperez thinks.

9. Ken Kupsch says:

Thanks guys, everything is going well here. 12 fights and everyone made weight so thanks to all the fighters!!

10. Sheldon Doll says:

Thank you for the opportunity to fight and show my abilities. Thank you as well to Devon Smith for the fight. Very good guy.