Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – March 21

Congrats to WSOF ring card girl Michelle Jeanpierre who is pregnant!

Congrats go out to Sarah Kaufman on her Unanimous Decision victory over Jessica-Rose Clark this weekend. The bout was the co-main event of Korean promotion Battlefield FC’s debut event.  In a surprising twist Cris Cyborg was in Kaufman’s corner, alongside with her longtime coach Adam Zugec.

Congrats also go out to Jesse Arnett, who became a dual belt holder at Hard Knocks over the weekend with a win over Maged Hammo.

On to the rumours:

Matt MacGrath is fighting for his eighth title as he will take on Mike Jasper on the Fight Night 3 card in Medicine Hat.

Gary Mangat, a Bantamweight who has not lost since 2013, is targeting to fight next in April.  Once again, it will be overseas for the Brave Combat Federation.

Another top Canadian Bantamweight, Josh Hill, has officially signed a deal with Fight Night Global out of Russia. No news of his first bout at this time.

Havoc FC 12 will be held on June 3rd.  Look for the following matchups on the card:

Hard Knocks 55 will be on May 26.  It will feature Noah Ali, Dustin Joynson, Josh MacKenzie, Kris Lee and Dan Spohn, as well as the return of Welterweight champion, Cody Wilson.

New Promotion! L Jack MMA is going to be bring fans fights from Fredericton, New Brunswick!  Stay tuned for more info.

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

Craig Hudson (0-3) was going to return to the boxing ring at the War by the Shore Boxing event on April 22 in Bouctouche, New Brunswick.  However, Juls Collette is off as his opponent.  Anyone want to face a WarDog?

Don Wonch (0-0) is another former MMA fighter turning to boxing.  He will make his pro debut against Emile Arsenault (9-4-2) on the same “War on the Shore” fight card.

It’s no joke!  April Fool’s Day will be the date for the next Teofista Boxing card.  Noah Ali and Matt Krayco will be competing on the undercard.

Oldtimer MMA News:  Matt Hughes is teasing a return to MMA.  Maybe to fight Royce Gracie.  Well ‘The Crow’ says he is down to fight the country boy!  Who else would like to see Hughes vs David Loiseau in Senior MMA competition?

16 Responses to “ Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – March 21 ”

1. Arashi Dont says:

BAH AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Of course Chris Chapman is down to fight a 135 lb fighter lol. Chapman has never fought below 155.

Guaranteed the fight against Gower is at 155 LOL.

I have Gower for the win regardless, but I think Chapman will see that Gower has a winning record and despite him being a 135 lb fighter, good old Chapman will pull out.

Few months down the road you will see him crushing an 0-4 can.

2. Chris chapman says:

Of course I’m fighting a guy at 135 it’s an easy win! ! Get fucking real bud it’s a type-o, and for the record my first amateur fight I fought Hayden Harrison at 150 ya knob.
    Send ryan machan the name of that 0-4 fella though for me ;)

3. mahon says:

If your going to beak off at a fighter atleast have the balls to post under your real name and not some lame ass screen name or better yet why don’t you step up and fight chapman oh right cuz the kid would take your head off

4. Arashi Dont says:

Couple things LOL.

@Chapman

I find it funny that you need to fight under your teammate/buddys fight promotion because you legit need to fight cans since you lost you pro debut. Everyone on here knows your arnt going to fight a 155 lb fighter that trains at an established gym that has a winning record. Ryan will find you another can to crush.

@Mahon

My name is Robert Green. I’m around 220 lbs. I cant make 155 lbs, nor do I want to fight local pro MMA. Now that you know my real name, does that change things? Is “Mahon” your legal name stud? Or is it Randy Mahon 0-2 in MMA. Why arnt you posting under your real name hero?

Also I Mahon, Chapman isnt taking anyone’s head off, unless its an untrained fool like the last guy he fought.

Not really beaking off here bud, i’m speaking the truth, everyone knows Chapman is going to fight another can.

5. R.tard says:

Bobby Green sounds like a fake name to me. Not like my totally legit name.

6. Isaiah Metituk says:

@arashi don’t

You sound like some fat Fuck who watched a few UFC pay per views wears nothing but affliction and thinks he can fight.

Why don’t you step out from behind the keyboard and step into a gym bud?

7. Arashi Dont says:

Dear Isaih:

1. I’m 220 yes, I’m around 17% bodyfat, I could stand to loose 20 lbs but hey what do you do, i’m 43 years old now. I’m not fat by any means, just because your a lil featherweight doesnt mean everyone else who’s over 150 is obese you fucking knob.

2. I dont watch UFC, its lost its appeal to me (and alot of other people)

3. I have never worn an Affliction shirt in my life or any MMA related Teeshirts. Can you say the same cool guy? Oh by the way, nice topknot LOL LOL LOL

4. I have spent more time in dojo’s that you could ever imagine kid. I spent 17 years of my life training Judo and did fairly well at the provincial level, I was decent but I sure as fuck wasnt Nicholas Gill. I’m a black belt in judo and I now just train Jiu Jitsu which i’m a 2 stripe blue belt. Do you even have any stripes on your white belt lil fella?

And no, I dont want to do MMA. I’m not wasting my money on CT scans, meds and a training camp when i’m 43 years old, I’ve done enough martial arts in my life.

8. Isaiah Metituk says:

@ Arashi don’t

Hey thanks for researching me man getting my name out there is great. Actually I’m a blue belt now After winning my fight hell of a week. Make sure to watch my next fight April 28th. Top knot free of course.

9. Chad freeman says:

Hahahh good old back and forth shit talk.looks like the good old top mma news days.

10. EPerez says:

Just yellow friends

11. Brandon chase says:

Arashi don’t you are a dummy lol

12. Ltron says:

The angst should be directed to Corey Gower for taking a dangerous fight. It’s a dumb fight to take but with a 6-4 record he’s obviously not the smartest dude.

13. Orangina says:

@Ltron so Gower should only take fights that heavily favour him? Your comment doesn’t really make sense. Have you seen his fights or the guys he’s fought? Hatchet has had some good fights against some tough dudes. I’d much rather see a gamer like him put it all on the line instead of seeing him go 9-0 crushing cans.

No disrespect to Chapman, but Gower is much more battle hardened than Chris. I think it would be foolish to think Gower isnt dangerous in this fight, Chapman will have his hands full.

14. Cam Yallits says:

Corey Gower has fought some of the toughest guys around in his time and if anything, Chapman is on the lower scale of talented guys he’s fought. But no disrespect to Chapman because he’s fighting an experienced guy in Gower. You guys should just watch the fight and enjoy it, rather than dissect everybody’s career decisions.

15. Ltron says:

If Cory Gower wins, I will eat my hat! It’s not that I care either way. I just want to eat my hat.

16. Mike Kent says:

Is it one of those cowboy hats made with nachos with salsa in the middle?

If he wins I’ll eat your hat