Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – March 13, 2017
Let’s kick off this Rumour Mill with a goodbye to Kurt Southern. “The Hurt” has decided that it is time to hang up the gloves. Southern has been fighting since 2007 and has been involved in some very entertaining tilts over the years. From his early battles in the UMAC before MMA was even legal in Saskatchewan to his unforgettable performances in the MFC ring, Southern left it all in the cage.
I would also like to thank Kurt for all his efforts in MMA and always giving Top MMA News his time for interviews or just to chat! Best of luck in the future, Kurt!
On to the rumours:
- Fight Night 3 has been moved to June 10 and will feature Ryan Machan taking on Joe Riggs for the Middleweight Title. Also targeted for the card will be Tristan Connelly, Brendan Kornberger and Steve Roy.
- Alexandre Cirne has pulled out of his Bantamweight Title fight against Jesse Arnett at Hard Knocks 54… Arnett will remain on the card and will take on Maged Hammo for the Featherweight Title.
- Lenny Wheeler is set to return for his first fight on the East Coast in almost 5 years at Elite 1 on May 6. He will headline the MMA portion of the card against Tristan Connelly!
- Adam Lorenz is set to make his long awaited return after a three-year layoff at Saturday Night Fights 13.
- TKO 39 will be in June: It will feature three tournaments. Heavyweights, Welterweights, and Female Strawweights will all be featured.
- Hopefully, Valerie Letourneau can return to her home province and compete in the Flyweight tourney.
- TKO 38 will see a couple fighters get new opponents as Victor Romero steps in to take on Jeremie Capony and Mathieu Morciano meets Charles Jourdain.
- MMA is returning to Manitoba!!! Mercernary Combat League will hold their first event September 15 in Winnipeg and there’s talks of another promotion starting up in Northern Manitoba as well.
- Terry Trebilcock has been building his female Atomweight and Strawweight divisions in the King of the Cage. One of the fighters that he has signed to an exclusive KOTC contract is Melissa Karagianis out of Toronto, Canada.
- Ryan Ford (11-0) moved up to Cruiserweight this weekend and picked up another quality win with a 5th round TKO victory over Rob Nichols (11-4-1). Also on the card Tim Chemelli (4-1) handed Stan Surmacz Ahumada (6-1) his first loss via 4th round TKO.
- It was also recently announced that Ryan Ford’s first defense of his UBO Light-Heavyweight Title will come against Renold Quinlan (11-2) in Singapore on May 27