Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – March 7, 2017
The good news keeps rolling in on the Georges St. Pierre comeback trail. UFC president Dana White announced that GSP’s first fight back would be against Michael Bisping for the Middleweight Title. The date and venue has yet to be announced but White did mention that it will likely take place in Las Vegas later this year.
Here come the Rumours!
- Hakeem Dawodu has been added to this months WSOF 35 card and will take on 9 time UFC veteran Steven Siler in a Featherweight contest.
- Behrang Yousefi has been added to the Unified 30 card and will take on Nick Hrabec in a Lightweight bout. Unfortunately Mike Scarcello has been forced to pull out of his Unified 30 bout with TUF Winner Efrain Escudero after suffering a broken fibula.
- Despite an Invicta press release saying they have signed Bobbi Jo Dalziel. That is not the case.
- Dalziel maintains that she “was talking with Invicta FC and looked over the contracts, but there was no contract signed.”
- Mariusz Ksiazkiewicz will take on Dennis Bryant for the Alaska FC Interim Light-Heavyweight Title at AFC 130 on March 22. The event will stream live on UFC Fight Pass.
- Rumble in the Cage 54 is going down April 7 and in addition to the Gold Medal matchups for the Canadian National Amateur team it will also feature some “Super Boxing” bouts. What is super boxing you ask? The combatants will wear 4oz gloves and Punches, Kicks, Knees, Elbows and Throws will be allowed but if the fight goes to the ground it will immediately be stood back up.
- So far the combatants fighting under these rules will be Tim Hague taking on a returning Jared Kilkenny, Lee Mein against Chris Burns and Brad Stewart vs. Kurtis Higgins.
- Prestige FC returns to Fort McMurray on May 12 and will feature Dwayne Lewis taking on Dan Amyotte in a pro boxing match in the main event. Also on the card Teddy Ash meets Julien Leblanc in an MMA bout.
- Saturday Night Fights will hold their next event on May 13 and their new Lightweight champ Adam Wayne will defend his title against an opponent to be named. Denys Zelenskyi will fight for the Bantamweight Title.
- Hard Knocks has announced all of the remaining dates for their 2017 schedule… HK55 will take place May 26, HK56 goes down October 13 and HK57 closes 2017 on December 8.
- Elite 1’s next event will May 6 in Fredericton, New Brunswick and will be a co-promotion with Evolution Training Centre. The event will feature both MMA and Kickboxing bouts.
- Maxime Dubois is out of the co-main event of TKO 38 due to a concussion.
- After capturing the UBO Light Heavyweight Title just last week, Ryan Ford (10-0) is showing no signs of slowing down. Ford is moving up to Cruiserweight to take on CPBC Champion Rob Nichols (11-3-1) in a 6 round non-title affair at KO Boxing on March 10. Also on the card Tim Chemelli (3-1) takes on undefeated Stan Surmacz Ahumada (6-0)
- Ford is also set to defend his UBO Light-Heavyweight Title in Singapore against an opponent to be named on April 28.