Denny Houle Passes Away at 30 Years Old
Sad news out of Edmonton as undefeated Light-Heavyweight Denny Houle has passed away at the age of 30. The cause of death is unknown at this time however news of his passing has been confirmed by those close to him.
Top MMA News would like to offer our most sincere condolences to Denny’s friends, family and teammates in this extremely difficult time.
Denny Houle compiled a perfect record of 5-0 with all of his victories coming by way of first round stoppage including wins over Mark Drummond in his pro debut and, most recently, against Dan Amyotte in his return after a three year absence from the sport.
Some of Denny’s friends, teammates and former opponents had nothing but great things to say about the well respected fighter!
- Denny was more than a friend to me. He contacted me about 6 years back because he wanted to train some MMA. Him and his late brother Grant would show up and put in work. Eventually, he was kind of ready for his first pro fight. I was a little concerned as any coach and friend would be. Some guys are Gym guys and some are Fight Night guys. And when it came to Denny, it was kind of always fight night. That’s what carried him to an undefeated MMA career. Heart of a lion. He had my back more than any man deserves from another. He helped me so much and Ill never ever take your friendship and memory for granted Denny. Love and Respect. I’ll see you again my Brother. I hope you can read this somehow. –Tim Hague
- As I write this, it’s only been 6 hours since I first heard the news about Denny. I have already shed quite a few tears and, at this point, I am still numb. I still don’t know all the details on how Denny passed, but I do have my suspicions. Denny was a very kind and big-hearted individual. If you were lucky enough to be a friend of Denny, you know what I am talking about. He loved to make people happy and he wanted people around him to be smiling and laughing. I will miss you my friend! I love you and although I miss you terribly already, I am happy to know you are finally at peace. –Dean Panas
- Denny was a great spirit to be around, he loved to fight and enjoyed the company of friends. He’s been through a lot lately and has had many things to overcome. Rest in peace, bro. I hope you’re finally at peace now –Sunny Sareen
- Denny is is the toughest guy I’ve fought to date. I’m shocked to hear about this, it’s crazy. After our fight we became very good friends and we had lots of respect for each other. –Dan Amyotte
- I know he shared a very special bond with his brother and his dad. I hope his pain is over and that he is at peace with them. My sincerest condolences to his family and children. –Mark Drummond