KOTC Canada – Lethbridge – September 23

KOTC CanadaDate: September 23, 2016
Venue: South Pavilion Exhibition Park in Lethbridge, Alberta
Tickets: Brad (403)894-8424 or Ken (780)918-3657

Muay Thai:
155lbs- Cody Jerome (8-2) vs. Ben Falconer (5-0-1)

Pro MMA:
170lbs- Kolton Menzak (4-3) vs. Justin Schmit (2-5)
185lbs- Jared Revel (2-1) vs. Monty Klistoff (2-0)
205lbs- Leroy Noltcho (2-1) vs. Jesse Dayrider (0-1)
185lbs- Chris Robinson (0-0) vs. Nolan Sakima (0-1)
140lbs- Craig Maclean (1-1) vs. Patrick Ward (0-0)

Amateur Fights:
155lbs- Caleb Ermine (2-3) vs. Lucas Neufeld (4-1)
185lbs- Clint Usselman (0-0) vs. Logan HeavyShields (0-0)
155lbs- Kurt White (0-0) vs. Nick Badura (0-0)
170lbs- Ted Lamoureux (0-0) vs. Garth Swiftwolfe (0-0)

Modified Muay Thai:
145lbs- Justin Grey (0-0) vs. Tyler Larkin (0-0)

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

20 Responses to “ KOTC Canada – Lethbridge – September 23 ”

1. Wild.bill says:

Who is the promoter and match maker for thus card

2. Brent lawrence says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 3 Thumb down 30

Anton Tokarchuk replaces Tyler Vogel against Elmer Waterhen

4. Real Talk says:

Brent you’re an idiot. Ken is one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. Have some respect you punk.

5. BDC says:

Ken is a super nice guy. Did he shoot himself recently?

6. ken kupsch says:

Thanks guys! Not recent, a couple years ago, my gun snagged in the holster and turned back at my leg when it discharged. It entered the top of my thigh and went all the way down to, and through my knee.

It’s not common, but it’s happened to several guys I know. It was my fault, just several things went wrong at exactly the same time.

You can compare it to any extreme sport where a fraction of a second, can mean disaster. You would think after 1.5 million rounds, you pretty much know everything, but that’s wrong.

Anyway, it bothers me going up stairs but other than that, I’m good. Steel Challenge Nationals, Steel Challenge World Championships and Canadian Sporting Clays Nationals all in the next three weeks. I’ll have about a 2 week break to look after any last minute stuff for the Lethbridge event and then we’ll see what’s next for KOTC.

7. ken kupsch says:

We have a few drop outs so anyone wanting a fight that’s not too far away, send me an email or FB message and we’ll see what we can do. Card is Pro/Am/kickboxing.

Thanks,
    ken@kanadakidd.com

Updated full fight card

9. A.D. Clay says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 7 Thumb down 35

10. Brent lawrence says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 1 Thumb down 30

11. ken kupsch says:

Thanks guys, things are going very well. Tons of support from both gyms. Fighters from BC, sask, Manitoba and Montana. We dropped the ticket price on this show because of the economy here in Alberta.

We’re going to have a great crowd, great fights and some drinks together. Everyone is going to have a fantastic time, well……… everyone except you two fuckers.

12. Brad Wall says:

Thanks Ken, that was a fun event with some great fights! Much appreciated!

13. Mike Kent says:

Never understand people Laughing and hating on shows losing bouts and fighters and hoping they fail. People like Ken have been giving fighters opportunity to do their thing and compete for over a decade and somehow your rooting for his show to fail? With out shows like KOTC and Hardknocks and unified and countless others we all would just be key board warriors like the idiot commenters on here.

14. Whizzinator says:

How about instead of joining the never ending keyboard warriors debate, include any pertinent information about the event; ex. THE RESULTS OF THE EVENT

15. A.D. Clay says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 5 Thumb down 15

16. ken kupsch says:

Thanks Brad, a pleasure working with you. Thank-you Mike!

Official results come from the commission, not the promoter. We can tell you who won etc, but I think the commission will send it in shortly. We’ve all been spoiled by topmmanews.com giving out play by plays etc.

17. ken kupsch says:

A d clay, say what you like about me, I’ll try to get over it.

Your assumption that every mma promoter in Canada is stupid, is wrong. There are lots of intellegent business people who have failed miserably at promoting.

I’m not sure why the hate for Marc-Andre, but he is one of only a handful of promoters I would consider working with. I get along great with most of the guys today, I just wouldn’t be interested in working with them.

Finally, not meaning to insult, but paragraphs are your friend.

18. Kenny J says:

@ken_kupsch you are correct in that we have been spoiled by topmmanews.com with the play by plays, I couldn’t make it to the event but was curious to hear how everything turned out…I guess I can impatiently wait :). And I agree with Mike Kent, that without these shows all our Canadian fighters wouldn’t get the experience they need to compete with the best in the world if it wasn’t for shows such as KOTC, Unified, etc…

I look forward to hearing about the show and when the next KOTC show is, and kudos on having @BradWall apart of the show, the man is a professional and a good dude.

19. “literal homeless idiots like Marc Andre Drolet can flex their supposed knowledge about the sport and promotion.”

Idiot I’ll give you. But i’m not literally homeless.

I’ve put on 2 shows in the past 3 years. Few life changes have gotten in the way of doing more, but glad I left an impression with you A.D. Clay.

Question though, have you been to any of the shows I put together? My priority was the fighters and fans, without cutting any corners. The amount of work for each show is endless, and I’ve never had any issues with any of the fighters.

Talent wise, I was fortunate to work with some great athletes. In the 8 CFC shows we did, 10 guys went on to the UFC.

Ken, you are the best. And also one of the few people in this sport that I’d work with.

20. MMA stopped losing momentum in Canada when the UFC helped push the laws through to change Section 83.

We were all excited when Pro MMA was legalized in Ontario, and we didn’t realize that they didn’t include amateur MMA from the bill. Now we have a sport that is legal at a Professional level across the country, but amateur only in a few random places.

This was a HUGE oversight, and made no sense. Athletes should be testing themselves as amateurs before making the jump to pro.

This needs to be corrected sooner than later, so athletes have a chance to compete, refine their craft, and improve.

Promoters should work with all gyms, and any available fighters for their market.