Houle, Campbell Fight For Gold at Unified 28

unified MMAEDMONTON — Denny Houle and Nick Campbell will lock horns at Unified 28 for the vacant Unified MMA Light-Heavyweight Championship at Royal Palace in Edmonton on September 30.

Houle, a product of Edmonton, is undefeated through his first five fights, with all of his wins coming via first-round stoppage. Campbell, meanwhile, is coming off back-to-back, first-round wins and has long been regarded as one of Canada’s most dangerous 205-pound fighters.

Both heavy-handed light-heavyweights are proud of their respective resume — but both are hungry to add the Unified MMA Light-Heavyweight Championship belt to their collection.

“This is the biggest opportunity of my career,” says Houle, a three-time Unified MMA veteran, “and I can’t even describe how it will feel to have that belt wrapped around my waist.”

But standing in Houle’s way is Campbell, a Saskatoon-born Calgary fighter who’s nine wins have all come by stoppage.

“Denny is gonna have some hands on him and he’s gonna be tough, but he’s not gonna have what it takes to beat me … The only chance Denny has of beating me is catching me off guard,” the four-time Unified MMA vet says, adding, “I’m gonna get that light-heavyweight strap and show everyone who’s been sleeping on me that I’m among the best in Canada.”

Unified 28, going down September 30 in Edmonton, will be headlined by Canada’s top heavyweight Tanner Boser, Parwez Ghulam, Roger Alves, Nick Hrabec and Gurjeet Bilkhu.

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

6 Responses to “ Houle, Campbell Fight For Gold at Unified 28 ”

1. Bucks says:

Is this for real?

2. Bucks says:

I see Uncle Sunny gave Nick another pop can…#joke

3. Morallo says:

Yep. Sunny will give Parwez, Hrabec and Alves a bunch of cans to crush as per the norm. All they gatta do is sell a bunch of tickets and make sure their buddys buy a ton of booze.

Parwez should fight Luis Huete or somebody. Hrabec should fight Scarcello or something. Same with Alves.

Ah well, its always fun to watch the boys from Complete crush a bunch of cans then act like they just beat UFC calibre fighters. Delusions of grandeur are fun lol.

Unified is such a joke

4. Orangina says:

Denny will pull out. Just make this fight Campbell against Teddy Ash, I’m sure he’s game…

5. Keith says:

Im not familiar with Denny’s past opponents, but im pretty sure Nick is going to smash him if he doesn’t pull out. Where does Denny train out of?

6. TimHague says:

Denny will be fine. Its going to be an entertaining fight. Denny’s actually already in shape for a three rounder. By September he’ll be ready to go 5 easy.

He is training hard and really, its his business where and with whom he is training. Wishing Nick well in his preparation for the title shot.