ECC 24 Live Results

ECC THUMBExtreme Cage Combat 24 is live from the Halifax Forum on March 11, 2016.

Unfortunately, although twelve fights were made official after weigh-ins, the main event between Mike Kent and Adam Hunter has been pulled by the Nova Scotia commission due to alleged medical issues with Mike Kent.

Let’s hope all is well with Mr. Kent, but the show still goes on though.  Here are the live results from ECC 24:

Pro Fights:
JP Shortall submits Shane Daley by Strikes in Round 1, 1:12
Ryan Potter submits Kenny Doucette by Triangle Choke in Round 1, 0:48
Fred Stonehouse defeats Collin Baikie by KO in Round 1, 2:15

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

Amateur Fights:
Andrew Shawn Thomas defeats Dean Langdon by TKO (Strikes) in Round 1, 2:14
Chantelle Doucette defeats Rachel Wise by Unanimous Decision (30-27×3)
Ryan Aitkens defeats Nick Coombes by Majority Decision (29-27, 28-27, 28-28)
Jordan Noseworthy defeats Paul Melanson by TKO (Ground and Pound) in Round 1, 1:15
Jacob Palmer submits Connor Victory by RNC in Round 2, 2:39
Ryan Nichols defeats Colin Hogan by TKO (Ground and Pound) in Round 2, 2:28
Jordan Tobin submits Justin Blades by Standing Guillotine in Round 1, 2:19
Lance Phillips submits Alexander Wheadon by D’Arce Choke in Round 1, 2:39

205lbs- Adam Hunter (205.2) vs. Mike Kent (204.6)

12 Responses to “ ECC 24 Live Results ”

1. Eastcoaster says:

Can Kent just retire? No matter the reason, given his history, it’s just going to sound like a sad excuse.

2. Pluto says:

Agreed. We should condemn him to hell and back before we know the situation.

Hubert Earl is a lunatic and has made medical decisions overriding the doctors in that province.

Let’s just wait and see what happened before blaming Kent for anything. And when it comes to safety and medical concerns, we are better off not allowing an athlete to compete if it puts them at further risk.

3. NL MMA says:

watch the newfies take over eastern canada’s MMA over the next couple of years

4. Irate scotian says:

The problem is… Hubert Earl is a joke. The Nova Scotia boxing commission is totally corrupt and the owners of ecc and the head of the commission are the same people. As far as I am concerned they should be investigated and jailed for the corruption that takes place. They sure know how to ruin a sport! Before you continue to judge Mike Kent maybe you all should find out the reasoning for the cancellation of their fight. I bet it had something to do with this general practitioner they have on their payroll.

5. Jamue McGowan says:

Why does Top MMA News not cover amateur events in Quebec? My promotion VICTORY MMA has been featuring many of the top pro prospects from Ontario and Quebec over years.

6. pro mma says:

Well I don’t see anything here from sir talks a lot Mike Kent, everyone is jumping on the commission and doctors when the fact is Mr Kent came to th doctors the day of the. Event and said he had a tummy ache and didn’t want to fight.

Truth hurts fellas!!!!

The night was full of awesome performances, the judging and the ref’s were all flawless, so let’s focus on the promotion and NS pulling off a great night, not Mike Kents negligence in training and getting talked into fighting by Peter Martell when he really has no desire to fight!

Thth

7. Mike Kent says:

Lol pro mma your a fucking moron. You know nothing about me or my training or my desires. I trained for 7 weeks for February the 13ths and it got delayed. So i put everything a side and continued to train another 6 weeks. I showed up at 209 on fight week and was in great shape.

There’s two groups of people i owe apologies to. Adam hunter and his team and Peter Martell and his promotion.

Adam deserved a fight and I was unable to compete. For that I’m terribly sorry and feel like a POS.

I wasn’t going to post the reason on here because it’s kinda embarrassing and personal but at about 10:30 at night after weigh ins I began to shit blood. Not like a little bit of blood in your stool. Like murder scene blood. This continued 6-8 times until Friday afternoon. I called promoter and said I wanted to see the doctor to make sure it wasn’t something serious. I went and had a fucking prostate exam on fight day and since there wasn’t something like a hemroid / fisher / or something visual it looks like there was a problem internal like a Bowel infection / or even crones or colitis. All which will take a few days so they wouldn’t let me fight.

There’s my embarrassing story. I wanted to fight. I neglected my family and other responsibilities to compete. I showed up ready. None of it matters because Adam did the same and got screwed. I couldn’t go do pre fight prep and get in the right mental frame for a fight when I was wondering if something had erupted in my causing me to shit a litre of blood.

Not a belly ache . Last I’ll comment on it or justify myself to you. Fuck off

8. Jeff Harrison says:

Mike,

We hope you get better soon and your issue isn’t anything too serious. You looked in great shape and although we wanted the fight to happen, we understand cancelling was unavoidable. Have a quick recovery.

Jeff

9. Mike Kent says:

Thanks Jeff, Adam is an amAzing fighter and deserved his chance at redemption. I apologize. Believe me when I say that yesterday was one of the worste I ever had. Screwed over promoter / your team and my friends and family. Thanks for being a professional as always.

When I went to the doctor I wanted confirmation I was ok not a way out . I know people will tear me down for this. It is what it is.

10. Joe Doerksen says:

If a fight is called off for medical reasons there’s no explanation required. No one has the right to know any other person’s medical information. There’s even laws for that. Mike you don’t have to tell anyone anything. Tell then to fuck off and carry on with your day.

11. P Mcgrath says:

Pretty shamefull that some choose to kick a guy when he s down. A fighter with 16-17 fights, a family man, a fort macker putting in 60+ hours work weeks then training, big ticket seller wherever he fights..

Get well Mike and congrats to ECC for show #24!

If it wasn t Mike involved,then I suspect no one would be really commenting on the situation.

12. Orangina says: