Ford, Marunde Top WSOF Canada Card on June 7

WSOF Canada Ford v Marunde Poster (web)(WSOF Canada Press Release)

EDMONTON, (April. 24, 2014) –

Saturday June 7th marks the WSOF Canada’s return to Edmonton, Alberta. Playing host to this stacked card will be the Edmonton Expo Centre. Headlined by Edmonton’s own Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford (22-4) taking on Las Vegas, Nevada’s Bristol Marunde (13-9) the UFC, TUF, Strikeforce veteran.

Joining the card will be the long awaited return of Nick Penner (11-3) as well as fan favorite knockout artists Tim Hague (16-8) and Dwayne Lewis (13-9).

“We are thrilled to be returning to Edmonton. Our last event was incredible and left was a huge buzz around the city. The show ended with Ryan Ford’s KO of the year, and the rest of the fights delivered. We’re definitely looking to build off of that, and give Edmonton’s fight fans another great night of fights.” Say’s WSOF Canada Executive Darren Owen.

Riding a six fight win streak, Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford has been on a path of absolute destruction. He first captured the AFC Welterweight title in July 2013, and with the kick that was heard around the country, he blew the roof off of the Edmonton Expo Centre Feb.21 2014 taking home the WSOF Canada Welterweight Championship Belt. Ford is a fan favorite and he will be bringing his aggressive style back to the WSOF cage and will be looking for another highlight reel finish.

This isn’t the first time Ford and Marunde have been scheduled to meet. This bout was originally scheduled to take place March 23, 2013 when both fighters had verbally agreed to the bout. However, within hours of accepting, Marunde received a call from UFC matchmaker requesting his services for a fight 3 weeks later. Subsequently Marunde never signed to officially fight Ford and the two traded shots back and forth on Twitter. After a 2 fight stint in the UFC, Marunde finished highly touted prospect Ian Williams (8-2) early in the first round. Marunde is used to fighting in big fights, he took the current #4 world ranked middleweight Jacare Souza (20-3) late into the third round in a Strikeforce bout in 2012.

Also scheduled for the event are some heavy hitters. Nick “The Quiet Assassin” Penner (11-3) returns to action after a 2 fight stint in the UFC where he earned a “Fight of the Night” Bonus. Penner will go to battle against Vancouver BC’s Jordan Tracey who’s coming off a 26 second victory just 2 weeks ago. For the fans who like knockouts, 2 of Canada’s best KO artist are scheduled to compete with Edmonton’s own Heavyweight Tim “The Thrashing Machine” Hague (16-8) and Fort McMurray’s Dwayne “D-Bomb” Lewis (13-9).

Recent Ultimate Fighter contender, Matt DesRoches (4-0), will be making his WSOF Canada debut against Grand Prairies 2013 Athlete of the Year, Spencer Jebb (7-3). Jebb will be looking to keep his current 5 fight win streak intact. Muay Thai sensation Hakeem “Ice” Dawodu (1-0) is returning after a spectacular KO at the last WSOF Canada event. He will be taking on the much more experienced Matt Veal (10-9).

Looking to build off of his WSOF 7 win, one of Canada’s top middleweight prospects, David “Showtime” Perron (6-2) will be in action. Also scheduled to appear on the card is dynamic wrestling standout Roger “The Rock” Alves (2-1), Noah “The Chosen Defender” Ali (5-1), Teddy “Bear” Ash (4-1), Matt “Riot Maker” Baker (9-6), Adam Hunter (3-1) and Nick Hrabec (2-0).

The World Series of Fighting Canada is bringing an exceptional MMA event to Edmonton, Alberta. With an outstanding fight card and top tier production, it will be a World Class event for some of Canada’s best fight fans.

Tickets for World Series of Fighting Canada 2: “Ford vs. Marunde” start at $50 and include cage side seats for $180, available soon at Ticketmaster.ca

68 Responses to “ Ford, Marunde Top WSOF Canada Card on June 7 ”

1. TB says:

Booboo: I know computer life is different then real life. I would imagine no one respects you enough to allow you to speak nevermind get the last word in an arguement…..So is that why you always need to be the last word on this website?

2. BOO BOO, Phoenix? I’m up in Winnipeg!

3. BOOBOO says:

DONT ONE OF YOUR FIGHTERS TRAIN OUT THERE ?

FOR SURE YOU SPENT TIME IN GLENDALE OR TEMPE , MY BAD , BUT FUCK IT WINNIPEG SOUNDS COOL TOO !

4. Just a simple case of mistaken identity. Probably just confused me with some other Marc-Andre

Would love to have you here to come check out a show sometimes.

5. Yogi says:

FUCK YOU BOO BOO, YOU AIN’T GOING NOWHERE.
    YOU PROBABLY LIVE IN WINNIPEG.
    I FOUND A YOUTUBE VIDEO OF YOU POSTING ON MMA TOP NEWS

6. Yogi says:

7. Yogi says:

SORRY, I’M NOT THE KEYBOARD GENIUS LIKE BOO BOO

8. BOOBOO says:

@ MAD – NO CONFUSION BRO – I ONLY KNOW 1 MARC ANDRE – AND THATS MY COUSIN FROM MONTREAL , I SAW A POST ON HERE LAST YEAR WERE MITCH CLARK WAS TRAINING AT THE LAB A WHILE BACK , ( THOUGHT HE WAS ONE OF YOURS ) MY FAULT , ANYWAY I WOULD LOVE TO COME UP ,

THIS YOGI CHICK IS IN LOVE WITH ME , I AM NOT GAY , SO TRY STALKING SOMEONE ELSE .

IM SORRY THE ONLY THING I SMOKE IS GREENS NOT POLE , IM SORRY !

9. I’m a fan of Mitch’s but other than Robin, I don’t have any guys.

I’ll keep you posted on our next show here in case you are intersted!

10. BOOBOO says:

EITHER WAY , ONE DAY WE WILL FILL THAT BUCKET LIST ,KEEP ME POSTED BRO AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK .

11. email me when you get a chance.

madprivate@gmail.com

12. Yogi says:

HEY FOO FOO,
    I DON’T GET IT, FIRST YOU CALL BE A CHICK, THEN YOU CALL ME GAY AND THEN I’M A STALKER. AND FOR SOME REASON YOU WANT ME KNOW THAT YOU SMOKE POT AGAIN, WHO ON THIS SITE DOESN’T KNOW YOU SMOKE WAY TO MUCH POT. PLEASE TELL US MORE ABOUT HOW COOL YOU ARE AGAIN….I LOVE THAT STORY
    AS FOR ADMITTING YOU DON’T SMOKE POLE….YOU SOUND A LITTLE INSECURE….IT’S OK BUDDY, COME ON OUT….NOBODY WILL THINK ANY LESS OF YOU. AND HOW COULD THEY

13. realmmafan says:

smoke way to much pot? is that even a thing?

14. BOOBOO says:

WOW, JUST GOT HOME FROM RENOWN IN CARSON TAHOE , SCARY SHIT WITH MY KID YESTERDAY , IT JUST SEEMS THAT IM WASTING MY TIME WITH THIS BODWELL FUCK , LIFE HAS ALOT MORE TO IT THEN , YOU , MMA ,THIS SITE AND EVEN MYSELF , NO SLEEP ( ER S ARE ALOT OF FUN ) AND AFTER ALL ME AND MY WIFE JUST GOT HOME AND WENT THRU ,BODWELL YOUR PATHETIC AND NOT WORTH MY TIME . I SEE AT A 50% , GET SCRIPTED 2 OZ – A MONTH
    AND WOULD LOVE TO PUT MMA AND ALL ITS MORALS ASIDE FOR 1 FUCKING MINUTE , YOU HAVE THREATENED ME BEFORE AND LIKE YOU , IM NO REAL MMA FIGHTER , BUT I WOULD BEAT YOUR ASS ON ANY GIVEN DAY . I HATE DEMORALIZING THE SPORT LIKE THIS , BUT I WANT TO KICK YOUR ASS . JUST BECAUSE IM FOR LOVE OF THE SPORT , DONT AT ALL THINK I WOULDNT PUNCH YOU IN THE FUCKN FACE !

I MAY BE WRONG FOR SAYING THIS ON HERE , BUT IF YOU WANT , I HAVE NO PROBLEM TELLING YOU TO YOUR FACE . AND NO WE ARE NOT SMOKING SHIT AND BEING BUDDYS , THIS IS NOT AN MMA CHALLENGE , IM JUST TELLING YOU WHEN WE MEET IM GONNA FUCKN DECK YA !

TOPMMANEWS – SORRY , I NO THAT WAS DISRESPECTFUL TO THE SITE AND TO THE SPORT , BUT FUCK IT EVERYONE GETS INTO A FIGHT ONCE IN A WHILE.

MY HANDS ARE TWICE AS BIG AS THAT FAT AS HEAD OF YOURS , SO IM NOT WORRIED ABOUT MISSING , IM WORRIED ABOUT YOU GETTING UP AFTERWARDS AND WANTING TO BE BUDDYS , FUCK YOU BRO .

TIME TO BE A DAD AND CHECK UP ON THE LITTLE ONE .

15. YOGI says:

hope your kid gets better

16. Yogi says:

I’m not this Bodwell person you speak of.
    I am an ex-fighter and I’ve been around combative sports for quite awhile.
    I go to most of the events in Canada and in Vegas.
    Let me know which event your going to next and I’ll make sure I’ll go out of my way to say Hi.
    At that time you can decide if you want to take a poke. I don’t think you know what your getting yourself into.
    Also, I help out with many inter city programs and see what drugs can lead to.I’m a huge supporter of getting kids off the streets through combative sports.
    Go on any boxing site, there is nobody on there talking about how cool it is to do drugs.
    I don’t drink or do drugs, I still train and train hard, everyday!!!
    I will be in Red Deer on 2nd, Rama on the 9th this event in Edmonton on June 7th. Let me know if you want to talk.

I truley hope eveything works out for your kid.

17. @Yogi, I am very much in agreement with your statement, whether you smoke the wacky tobacco, partake in any other illicit activities or not its your business, but as an adult its your responsibility not to brag about it or glamorize it on this site or any other site where it is uncensored and exposed to full readership of any impressionable youth that happen by. Big congrats to the volunteering work you do with inner city youth, I know we can use many more positive role models as yourself.

18. Just Sayin says:

Tell that to Joe Rogan. Eddie Bravo and the Diaz brothers and a slew of others!