Eric Wilson Attacked; XFFC Title Fight Cancelled

(photo: Jason Bouwmeester)

(photo: Jason Bouwmeester)

Eric Wilson is medically unfit to fight following an attack in Edmonton, Alberta the night before the Xcessive Force Fighting Championship weigh-ins, according to a Wilson Facebook post. Wilson was scheduled to fight Adrian Wooley in Grande Prairie, Alberta on April 19th in a Flyweight title fight.

Wilson was en route to Grande Prairie and stopped at 11pm in Edmonton, Alberta to cut his remaining weight. Wilson was staying at a motel in a not so nice part of town and decided at 3am to go for a walk to get some air. Wilson was approached by two males who assaulted him when Wilson refused to give them a cigarettes. Wilson was knocked out with a sock stuffed with a pool ball and suffered a gash above his eye and some severe swelling.

Wilson was taken to the Hospital and examined and it was determined by both the doctor and Wilson’s coaches that he was not fit to compete tomorrow night. Top MMA News wishes Wilson all the best in his recovery and we hope to see Wilson and Wooley do battle at a future event for XFFC or another promotion.

27 Responses to “ Eric Wilson Attacked; XFFC Title Fight Cancelled ”

1. Blackout says:

This ticks me right off. Buncha punks. smh.

All the best to a true pro Eric Wilson!

3. Feel bad for Wilson and Woolley. Just a terrible situation.

Glad Eric escaped without really serious injuries. That could have been a lot worse.

4. Bdc says:

Fuck heal up brother

5. Fighter says:

I agree with Keith. It could of been ALOT worse.
    Eric must not be from Edmonton, walking around the hood in Edmonton at 3am, he’s lucky it was a pool ball.

You must of wrote this late at night Keith, your grammer is a little off:
    “Wilson was approached by two males who, when Wilson refused to give them a cigarettes, assaulted him.”

6. Marv says:

What a couple of bitches. Hope he heals up soon!

7. Buddy says:

Edmonton is getting to be insane. I had family member killed last month by his attackers. Lets just say they didn’t use a pool ball.

8. RickRoll says:

Edmonton is getting that bad? Where are the worst areas now a days?

9. Kellen Falt says:

The best part of Edmonton is Calgary Trail South

10. Fighter says:

@Rickroll
    Anywhere there are cheap motels, pretty well all of 118th ave. Anywhere after dark.
    Alot of chicken ass shit punks out here with knives and guns.
    Ask Nick Penner about what happen to him outside the mall one night a few years ago. Mistaken identity almost killed him.

Sorry about the grammar… Keith started this article and I finished it, don’t blame Keith for my grammatical mistakes! lol

12. Ian McWalter says:

Happened near the Jockey Motel.

13. Ian McWalter says:

Didn’t know we were in Edmonton’s asshole. Found out the hard way. As terrible as this was for all involved I’m just thankful young Eric wasn’t stabbed or beaten to death and even though dehydrated and in the final hours of a tough weight cut was able to defend and I’m sure surprise a couple of low lowlife scum bags who thought they had an easy target.

14. only me? says:

Id like to know, was there was a police report filled?

15. Ian McWalter says:

Yes there was a police report filed.

16. Dirk says:

This sounds very suspicious.

17. AMLECF says:

I see you haven’t been to edmonton ^^

18. george says:

Being a fighter doesn’t seem to make you immune to being attacked if you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Come to think of it, fighters have been in the news for being knived or shot – Wilson got off lucky.

19. saskwatch says:

Wilson has fought some of the toughest Canada has to offer, has taken fights tougher than Adrian Wooley on paper, and has made it down to the 125 division prior…why does this seem suspicious? Legitimate question.

20. rebelrebel says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 0 Thumb down 10

21. saskwatch says:

There was obviously a reason for dirk’s opinion, just curious what it was. I am not ruling anything out. I wish a speedy recovery to Wilson and hope Adrian gets a fight sometime soon

22. Adrian Woolley says:

I can say with more than a few years of experience that acts of random violence like this happen. Logic and reasoning goes right out the window when you’re dealing with society’s underbelly.

I am a glass is half full type of guy, so….. looking at the positives here. First off, things could have been way worse for Eric in that situation. Second, and most important in my mind, is that there is a wife and kids that have their husband and father home safe and sound. Thirdly, that both Eric and I will be able to fight again.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in – wishing Eric a speedy recovery and to thank Darren Cliffe, along with all the XFFC company, for a great show.

23. Marv says:

You guys who think this is “suspicious” are fuckin idiots

24. Ian McWalter says:

Thank you Adrian for being such a class act. I hope to see you and Eric pummel the daylights out of each other in the near future which by my estimation will be one for the history books.

This situation was awful but I know for a fact Eric holds you with the the utmost respect and it will be an honour for my team to compete against your’s.

25. EPerez says:

51 thumbs up vs none down. Gotta be a record on here.

26. Troy Reynolds says:

I still feel this had the potential to be an amazing fight between Eric and Adrian. I’m shocked that someone would imply foul play in this article. Both of these fighters are great guys and don’t deserve this. I wish Eric a speedy recovery and hope to see a rematch soon.

27. Stevie says:

October 24th XFFC Grande Prairie Troy. Rematch booked a long time ago.