Canadian Rumour Mill – March 17, 2014
I love seeing guys who people have written off, dig deep, and prove everyone wrong. Don’t you? Well Ash Mashregi was 0-3 to start his pro MMA career. I was happy to see him submit a super tough Marcus Vinicios this past weekend to make it back to 3-3. By the way, not one of his opponents had a losing record when he faced them! Congrats Smash!
A little light on rumours this week. Sorry about that. Just remember….if you have any rumours, send them to me at email@example.com!
- Check out this online petition for an audit of the Ontario commission right HERE.
- Last week, I talked about WSOF Canada not having a Hamilton show and it most likely being held in Winnipeg. Well… despite the rumours of an event in Winnipeg, WSOF Canada has not submitted an application to hold an event yet.
- Provincial FC is doing big things in Ontario. The first two shows have been around the 2-2.5k attendance mark and been profitable ($$$).
- PFC 3 will be held in Hamilton sometime in late August/early September. No venue confirmed yet but we know that Hamilton Place Theater is one of the venues that has been contacted. Hoping to see some Hamilton, Burlington, and GTA area fighters on the show! Look for Kyle Prepolec and Alex Ricci to possibly appear on PFC 3!
- Also for PFC…. “Showdown in the Downtown” in collaboration with PFC presents: Knockout Kidney Disease” will be held at the Budweiser Gardens on October 18 in London,Ontario (Not titled PFC 4) and this is a charity event. Roughly looking to pack 4,000 people!
- I can confirm now that Dimitri Waardenburg (9-7) will take on Souk Khampasath (4-5-1) on the Fight4Pride card.
- LAMMQ will hold two shows in June, here are some details.
- LAMMQ 2 will be on June 7th in Baie Comeau with one of the fighters on the card being local Keven Morin.
- LAMMQ 3 being held in Sainte-Foy which is close to Quebec City.
- Progressive Fighting Academy along with Canadian Martial Arts Centre will be part of the UFC experience when it travels to Lethbridge. There will likely be demonstrations held at the training centres.
- Duane “Bang” Ludwig will be holding a seminar on May 10th at MAS in Cambridge, Ontario.
- Tim Hague may be fighting on the May 23rd Unified MMA show.
- With amateur MMA hurting in Quebec, professional shows are taking off! Empire MMA will hold a pro show in Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Quebec on May 17. Expect Pro Star MMA fighters Francis Charbonneau, Alex Laramée and Yan Pellerin on the card. Martin Trempe and Samuel Desruisseaux will be on the card as well.
- We received the following message from Proving Grounds in Lloydminster: “The rumor that was posted the other day about the Lloydminster Proving Ground is a lie. This event is a local Boxing Tournament that’s has been put on for 14 years. We have always been supported by the community here in town. All the guys are 18+ in our event.”
- Shane “Shaolin” Campbell fight weight for K-1 is changing. He will be moving up from 70kg (154lbs) to 75kg (165lbs) as the cut to 70kg is too hard on him.
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE2: Ladies, if you wish to have your picture posted as the gossip queen, send your photos to me as well. Email: email@example.com.