WSOF Canada: Ford vs. Powell – Weigh In Results

WSOF EdmontonWorld Series of Fighting’s Canadian branch will make their long awaited debut with a stacked Fight Card at the Edmonton Expo Centre tomorrow night. Featuring close to ten Top Ten Ranked Canadians, this could be arguably one of the biggest non-UFC fight card in Canada to date. Joel Powell will finally get his opportunity to challenge Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford for the Welterweight Title after earning the title shot almost a year ago.

The main card will air on tape delay o. NBC Sports Network in the US and on tape delay on TSN2 in Canada. There are still limited tickets available on Ticketmaster HERE. So if you’re anywhere close to Edmonton get yourself a pair of tickets and go support your favorite fighters. If you are unable to make it to the Edmonton Expo Centre tomorrow night, Top MMA News is the place to keep up to date with the live Play-by-Play!

Main Card:
170lbs- Ryan Ford (169) vs. Joel Powell (169.2)
***Canadian Welterweight Title Fight

265lbs- Smealinho Rama (242.8) vs. Steve Mocco (256.8)
170lbs- Michael Hill (170.6) vs. Ryan Dickson (169.4)
145lbs- Josh Machan (145.8) vs. Adam Lorenz (145.4)
170lbs- Brandt Dewsbery (167.8) vs. Mark Drummond (169.4)

Preliminary Card:
145lbs- Lenny Wheeler (145.6) vs. Will Romero (145.2)
200lbs- Matt Baker (200) vs. Mike Kent (200.8)
265lbs- *Tim Hague (270) vs. Lee Mein (242.2)
135lbs- Owen Carr (135) vs. Maged Hammo (135.2)
145lbs- Behrang Yousefi (144.6) vs. Hakeem Dawodu (145.4)
155lbs- Roger Alves (155.4) vs. *Jemark Brady (157.4)
170lbs- Justin Evans (168.6) vs. *Stuart Fontaine (173.6)

*Missed weight, forfeits 20% of purse

95 Responses to “ WSOF Canada: Ford vs. Powell – Weigh In Results ”

1. creedence says:

I meant hakeem is gonna smash yousefi

2. creedence says:

yousefi I meant

3. The goods says:

hammo is fighting carr

4. Donald Duck says:

More than a little sad reading the comments on this thread.

Bust a guy for not making weight but you don’t bring family into it. This is the kind of sh*t that hurts the sport.

Best of luck to all fighters.

Donnie

PS – I think Powell takes this late in the fight. It’ll be a grinder though.

5. PUCK says:

Hey and to me, Hauge missing wieght is great for Lee, little extra cash and you know he didn’t train hard enough? Shock us all Lee and starch timmy. Would be a great upset! With that being said I tend to aggree that bringing Tim’s family into this is very ‘unclassy’ thing to do poeple, even if you don’t like him.

6. Blackout says:

Wow. Alot of you “fans” seem to talk out your ass quite a bit. It sucks Hague missed weight, dont talk shit about the guy, though. He has more than proved himself and any of you retarded trolls would be considered lucky to have him as a friend. It seems you nameless bad boys feed off of the attention you so obviously seek on this site. You’re tarnishing the name of any true MMA fan.

Now watch this comment be disliked about a hundred times, cause you bad ass mother fuckers seem to travel in packs.

Hague and Mein will put on a hell of a show anyhow… much love to all fighters.

7. Tyler Davis says:

Wow Hague hater, your a coward to try and insult a guy like that behind a keyboard. What’s wrong with working to support your family and fighting on the side because you love to fight? You are pathetic to have nothing better to do than hate on a guy. This is going to be a entertaining scrap IMO. This whole card looks wicked. Good luck to all the fighters, and have fun!!!

8. Marv says:

No kidding, yea I chirped a bit for him missing weight but it’s very classless and gutless to attack him about his family and his job. I wonder if it was the same guy who called me a pedophile….

9. chris lauzon says:

all you hague haters wow the guy has fought in the ufc were did you bums fight in a bar wow show some respect ill put money on hague that he would ko any one of you haters wow a bunch of loosers some of you can be

10. Deelo says:

Well said Tyler
    Haters

11. TimHague says:

For being irrelevant, I sure get a lot of attention. Thank you. It helps me sell my tickets and shirts when the buzz is created. I hope you can sort out your rage issues, if you wanna come to my afterparty ill buy you a beer and give you a hug. And remember, no means no ;-)

12. TimHague says:

And thanks for the kind comments you guys who are actually man enough to post under your real names. I just like to scrap and made a mistake by trusting my digital scale. No big deal, Lee gets $200 darn..

13. Sagat says:

The hate on here for Tim is unreal! Look what he posted “Lee gets $200”. So thats 20% of his purse so i’m guessing Tim is making $1000 to fight $1000 to win.

He is doing it as a hobby and for fun! Not for money. Leave him alone. Tim has a good job, went to university and is living his life. Leave the guy alone.

14. Deelo says:

Hahhahahaha

15. Cody Krahn says:

I love this website. Where else can you find out what gym hang arounds and fighter’s friends who don’t even train actually think of someone?

It’s actually pretty motivating, I remember after I lost to Clay Davidson a bunch of people went on here saying I’d never amount to anything and that I might as well retire.

I’ve now won 3 in a row including evening the score with Clay, became the 7th highest ranked MW in Canada and now a title shot in April.

Keep up the shit talk cowardy trolls, it’s really easy to tell by a person’s comments if they’ve even tried a Jiu Jitzu class or if all their knowledge comes from a night of cheetos and old Pride FC dvds.

Keep hatin’ haters, it’s a great way to fuel a fire under someone’s ass.

P.S. How uneventful would this site be if everyone used their real names and had to be held accountable for the comments they write on here?

16. Terry robertson says:

The personal hate is crazy for sure. That being said it is unprofessional to come in five pounds over the heavy limit and that does warrant criticism.

To me it shows a lack of dedication and passion for the sport.

Coupled with other comments and the whole clothing sponsor fiasco, the “athletes” who are advertised as professionals and label themselves as such do more harm to the sport proving to detractors that they don’t take it seriously as an athlete, why should anyone else. To me that is exactly why local and smaller shows struggle to grow and stick around.

Commissions and promoters should work to keep professional mma for professional athletes and those who just want to dabble and make a joke of weigh-ins, training, dieting etc. be relegated to rec leagues and old timer events like every other sport!!

Haha rec league mma now there is a funny thought!

17. Terry robertson says:

Cody I agree with what you say, but what would you think about a theory that as long as the sport and organizations don’ t have a standard for the type and kind of athletes being used, besides the good hardcore supporters these type of anonymous uneducated wannabe thug fans are the only type of casual fan the sport will continue to attract in the majority?

18. TimHague says:

Terry, I thought I was on weight when I left the house. I was 263.0 on my scale

19. Kevin Jones says:

Cody how do you justify claiming your the #7 ranked middleweight in Canada? Who have you beat in the top 10? Your in the top 10 in Alberta. Not the country. We all know what happens when Alberta fighters fight Ontario and Quebec fighters. Please start beating top 10 guys before you start claiming your the #7 ranked MW in Canada. El Dirte perhaps? Ali Mokdad? Elias? (Well hes pretty much UFC so i guess not)

20. Cody Krahn says:

The local MMA scene here is ridiculous. I’m already a pretty jaded and cynical person, but I usually find myself getting annoyed at how many tough guy morons go to fights. Not to mention any guy with a shitty tribal tattoo is a bar fighting expert.

If MMA has taught me anything it’s that usually the thug looking tough guy who doesn’t know how to fight, chances are he’s sparred maybe once. It’s the nerdy dudes who will fuck you up.

We need an intellectual overhaul in the local scene, but I don’t see that happening so I’ll just stick to bitching about it on the internet.

21. yankeesrule says:

I think a lot of the hating on this site and on amateur mma in general comes from the attitude a lot of these “pioneers” show. Rubs a lot of people the wrong way…and can affect lives. I know a couple guys who have had significant others “be involved” with a guy on the card…just a sport that has a sleezy rep for stuff like that. Not to mention no steroid testing, makes mma look foolish. Anyone can look shredded a any age with a healthy dose of dbol.
    But hey, each to their own. Should be some good battles on this card.

22. Cody Krahn says:

@Kevin

not my claim, just going by fight matrix

I’m fighting Brad Stewart in 9 weeks so that’s my main focus. But if I win that one I want much bigger fights. I’d LOVE to fight any of the MW’s on TUF nations once their Zuffa contracts expire.

23. Bob Backlund says:

@Cody Krahn

Oh yeah man. I remember running into Mike Davis at the UFC Calgary show. I couldnt belive how unassuming he is. Tiny little kid with a nice warm smile. But that dood can fuck people up. Legit. Mike Davis is a beast.

24. Terry robertson says:

Tim, I understand and a mistake is a mistake and I know you haven’t missed weight before. I understand missing weight can be a mistake and doesn’t tell the whole story on a fighters level of dedication, but combined with other actions/comments to some it may not look good.

At this point in your career you have an opportunity to be an ambassador for the sport and to set an example to younger men and woman looking to get into mma as athletes or just fans that it is a sport that should be taken seriously.

As one of the few Albertans who can actually say they made it into the show, I hope you will consider that in your future actions, interactions and endeavours instead of being concerned with notoriety and selling t-shirts and tickets at any cost to your own and mma’s reputation as you have said.

I think my comments are especially valid since you now work at another career to support yourself and fight for your love and passion for the sport.

Good luck in your fight and future ones as well!

25. yankeesrule says:

Also I don’t get where all the anger about Hague missing weight is coming from. If this was a main card fight or a title fight then sure I get it.
    It’s a guy on his way out of mma vs a guy trying to hold on to the dream at 48..? So insignificant.
    Now if Ford missed weight we would have a reason to discuss the topic.

26. TimHague says:

Terry im not sure what “actions” youre talking about. I am very helpful to anyone that asks me about getting into mma and give everyone the time of day regardless of who they are. If its the whole sponsor issue with Powell all I said is that if I were ford I’d be insulted too and I support G’dup clothing.

Last spring when I was going through a very hard time in my life I made a few posts on here that I regret. I should have stayed off the internet in general but hindsight is 20/20 and I didnt realise at the time how bad of shape I was really in. Im better now and Ilike to compete for fun.

Im proud to be an ambassador of the sport of MMA in Alberta/Canada.

Boo on not making weight. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This is a card that’s gonna hopefully get the fighters some exposure. Best of luck to you, Mike Kent and Tim. I appreciate that you two pricks post here.

Is there a stream for this? I’m actually pretty amped. Really hope this card/company does well. The more MMA in this country the better.

28. Marv says:

Tim you’re giving out Beer and hugs?!?? Two of my favorite things. I want a hug from Donald Duck too though

29. mma says:

How do you watch this, it says TSN and NBC but it does not seem like those channels are showing the fights according to tv guide. Is there a stream ?

30. Just Sayin says:

Its tape to air guys.
    I know it sucks but it will be shown next week.
    I wish I could watch it also.
    I just hope Cody Rempel is fast at typing play by play. Lol

31. snyper mcgrath says:

Best card ever seen in Canada aside from a UFC.

32. HW270LOL says:

Cody Krahn #7 ranked goof in north america

33. Marv says:

theres that word again..YOU GUYS AREN’T IN PRISON

34. Donald Duck says:

Tim gave Donald a hug once in Calgary.

Dennis Kang was there to witness it.

I was kind of scared since I was pretty sure Tim could have crushed me to death.

That is all.

Donnie

35. Marv says:

Sounds hot

36. Donald Duck says:

If by HOT you mean sweaty and terrifying then yes… it was hot.

37. Lockdown says:

Marv would be the goof in prison…and be washing the entire wing’s underwear

38. Marv says:

Lockdown eh? Hey jailbird you realize your link stays the same when you change screen names right you stupid pussy

39. Marv says:

Tell your mom I’ll be over later ;) hopefully she shaves this time

40. Lockdown says:

I’ll be over for Sunday dinner, bend over your entire family on the table, while you hide and cry in the corner, just like in PC, cause your smart mouth can’t say shit old man goof. Are your daughters 16 yet?

41. Marv says:

Hahaha I’m 25 you fuckin bitch. I really got under your skin eh?? So what the fuck are you gonna do about mr hardcore. Other than call me a goof which everyone on here laughs at you for. Puuuussssssyyyy

42. mmafan says:

” Are your daughters 16 yet” Then you go and call a guy a pc and a pedo, You got some serious issue pal, the kind that can’t be fixed!!

43. Zach b says:

Terry do you forget that we are actually just fighters deep down and love to punch ppl and be punched , f#ck the martial artist aspect of it , most of us just want to throw down , I trained for all of my fights but one in the nwt pretty much by myself , who cares if Tim misses by 1 or 5 , if it was frequent than yeah let it be a problem , lee still fought him who cares… As for all the trash talk about his life outside of fighting and his friends what the hell does that have to do with anything ? F#ck ya’s all IMO , those who can’t teach or criticize !

44. Tyler Davis says:

Ok this is not what I come onto a MMA site to read. Grow up guys. That is just wrong, Keith could u please remove comments about /from Pedophiles and wanna be convicts. There has to be some lines on a forum site. MMA has a hard enough time convincing people that were not all thugs and barbarians.

45. Marv says:

Or just ban jailbird/lockdown all together. So we can get back to talking about mma,