CNMMAF Announces Team Canada Coaching Staff
Today, the Canadian National Mixed Martial Arts Federation announced its coaching staff for the Canadian Amateur MMA team that will head to the first IMMAF World championships. The nationals will take place the week of June 30th to July 6th in Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Expo.
The staff was assembled by National Team GM Garnet Ace, who is also president of the TapouT Training Center in Burlington, Ontario.
Here are the coaching staff members as announced on the CNMMAF MMA MMA Westerncanada:
- Antonio Carvalho – Former UFC fighter
- Jeff Joslin – Former UFC fighter
- Adrian Woolley – Pro MMA fighter
- Gavin Hesson – Former Pro MMA fighter
- Justin Bruckmann – Former Pro MMA fighter, Head Coach of Bruckmann Academy of Martial Arts in Durham, ON
- Lee Mein – Pro MMA fighter, Head Coach of Canadian Martial Arts Centre in Lethbridge, AB
- Rory McDonell – Pro MMA fighter, Head Coach of Para Bellum MMA in Oakville, ON
- Marty Calder – Former Olympic wrestler, Canadian National Wrestling Coach, Coach of Brock Badgers
- Billy Irwin – Former Olympic boxer, Head Coach of Irwin Boxing in Niagara Falls, ON
- Callum Cowan – Naturopathic Doctor, Director of Performance Medicine at TapouT Burlington
At this time, there has not been an announcement on how to make the national amateur MMA team. Top MMA News will let the readers know once the information becomes available.