MFC 39 – Quick Results – Gallicchio Submits Southern

MFC ThumbMFC 39 goes down live tonight from the Edmonton Expo Centre in Edmonton, Alberta. In the main event, Heavyweight  Champion Anthony Hamilton defends his title against TUF Veteran Darrill Schoonover. Saskatoon’s Kurt Southern will do battle with Tom Gallicchio for the vacant Lightweight Title, although with Gallacchio missing weight by a slim margin, only Southern is  eligible to win the title. If you’re lucky enough to get AXS TV, the main card airs at 8pm mountian time and the prelims will stream live and on the MFC Facebook page beginning at 6:15pm mountain time.

Quick Results:
Anthony Hamilton defeats Darrill Schoonover by Unanimous Decision (49-46, 49-46, 50-45)
***Hamilton Retains MFC Heavyweight Title

Tom Gallicchio submits Kurt Southern (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 2, 4:31

Gilbert Smith defeats Jason South by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Marcus Edwards submits Sean Powers (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 1, 4:50

Sean O’Connell submits Markhaile Wedderburn (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 1, 1:48

Andrew McInnes submits Dan Ring (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 2, 2:01

Jared McComb submits Paul Grebinski (Punches) in Round 1, 2:37

Cody Krahn defeats Clay Davidson by KO (Slam) in Round 1, 1:04

13 Responses to “ MFC 39 – Quick Results – Gallicchio Submits Southern ”

1. Thesubzero says:

So are the prelims airing just on Mark Pavelich’s MFC Facebook group?

2. Ty says:

Where are the prelims???

3. Allen hope says:

Showtime just had the longest walk out to the ring in mfc history .

4. Keelan Smyth says:

what happened to Graham Spencer, did he vacate the title?

5. james says:

was it longer than his fight allen? lol

6. Ryan D says:

I get that MFC had scale available all day and I am all for making weight but .2lbs cost this guy a title it dosnt seem right. A better rule would be if fighter misses weight by a pound he has 1 hour to make required weight to avoid punishment anything more than a pound that’s it that’s all. I feel like if its 1 pound or less it really shows fighters has put in a tremendous effort and should be deserving of a second chance. Just my opinion. Also never cut weighed so I don’t know what it takes but curious .2lbs how long would it take to cut that seems minuscule to me but like I said never done it so I don’t know

7. Kellen Falt says:

Some guys that have bigger cuts will say the last 2-3lbs are the hardest to lose. I have cut weight a fee times and I font think .2 would take very long for myself but everyone is different. However, with the scale being available for almost 24 hours prior to official weigh ins, its hard to justify needing more time. Some events the scale is only available a few hours before hand which can make that very tough to do with a one shot weigh in. I would like to see more promotions make the official scale available for a longer period.

8. jb says:

slowtime got a whoopin. im shocked

9. John says:

Glad snowtime made up for the long entrance by keeping to his ways of losing fast and not waysing more of out time

10. Graham Spencer says:

Keelan I vacated to move back to 145. I also had shoulder surgery and won’t be back till later this year.

11. Big Win says:

Rough loss for Southern but at least he gets the rematch and he’s pretty darn good the second time around.

12. Mike Russell says:

It was a heartbreaker. Kurt will be back better than ever. Bet on it. We’re looking at sending him Stateside for a month to train to shore up any chinks in his armour. Next fight will be worth the price of admission.

13. That loss was a heartbreaker. Kurt was looking really good!

I have no doubt he’ll win the rematch!