Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – January 14, 2014
It is TUF Nations premiere week. I just would like to wish our Canadian boys best of luck. Stay healthy and kick some Aussie ass!
On to the rumours:
- Hello Mr. Mark Pavelich, check out this logo and please leave your thoughts… :) http://samurailife.net/wp-
- So with Victor Valimaki out of his MFC 39 bout with Sean O’Connell, Kalib Starnes offered to step up and fighting the American import on short notice. For some reason that fight didn’t work out. Sounds like Starnes was told that O’Connell turned him down. O’Connell says he was not offered Starnes. I’m hearing Markhaile “Showtime” Wedderburn will be the late replacement instead of Starnes.
- Tyson Steele quietly became a free agent over the weekend as his WSOF contract expired!
- Wonder how TUF Nations competitors/teammates Luke Harris and Sheldon Westcott feel about fighting one another? Well Harris took the political approach and said that he and Sheldon are friends but in a situation such as the UFC would fight him. Westcott on the other hand went right for the jugular stating that if they ever fought, he’d finish the fight quickly and that Harris knows that. Woah, thems fighting words! Lol http://www.stalbertleader.
- Mitch Fryia will fight on Big John’s MMA 100th show in Sault Ste Marie, Michigan next month on the 22nd of February!
- Provincial Commission coming to Alberta? At the annual meeting of Alberta municipalities, the attendees passed a resolution urging the provincial government to create a provincial combat commission. Good or Bad… I’m not sure really.
- Could we see a WSOF vs AXS TV showdown? AXS MMA boss Andrew Simon seems to be interested in matching up WSOF fighters with AXS TV stable fighters including MFC fighters!
- David Hale will not be making his MMA debut at Provincial Fighting Championships. Sounds like he got a fight in Kentucky instead.
- Congrats to Mitch Clarke who earned his BJJ brown belt this weekend!
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE2: Ladies, if you wish to have your picture posted as the gossip queen, send your photos to me as well. Email: email@example.com.