Josh Hill Signs with WSOF Canada; Set to Fight Curtis Brigham for Title

josh hill LEADThe World Series of Fighting Canada continues to elevate their roster, now signing the #1 Bantamweight prospect in the country. From Hamilton Ontario the undefeated “Gentleman” Josh Hill (9-0) is the former Aggression MMA champion and wants to have his opportunity to fight for the World Series of Fighting Canada. He wants to test himself against the top talent in his home country and fight some of the best in the world and with the World Series of Fighting he’ll get that opportunity.

When asked about the signing Josh Hill had this to say, “I’m really pumped to sign with the World Series of Fighting Canada. WSOF is a reputable organization with a lot of talent and a bright future. I look forward to facing not only the best in the country but the best in the world. I had a rough 2013, I’ve been out of the cage for longer than I would like, and I look forward to getting back in there and putting on a show. I plan on being the Canadian Champ in 2014, so get ready to see the best “Gentleman” Josh Hill there has ever been!”

WSOF Canada’s Steve Fader states, “Personally, this is one of my most anticipated signings that we will have made since becoming WSOF Canada. Since his stint on the reality show, we’ve been waiting to announce this and finally we get to welcome Josh to the family. He is easily one of the most talented bantamweights in the country and we couldn’t be more excited to watch him perform against our strong bantamweight roster.”

Curtis Brigham submits Mike Adams to win AFC Bantamweight title

Curtis Brigham’s SOTN. (photo: Jim Beattie)

For our Canadian fans it’s well known a matchup against Curtis “The Boss” Brigham (12-5) who recently captured the Aggression Fighting Championship title in impressive fashion March 23 2013 in Winnipeg Manitoba at AFC 16 with a fourth round arm bar over Mike Adams (7-2) is the fight that everyone wants to see.

WSOF Canada matchmaker Darren Owen states, “This is the fight that makes the most sense. It’s the fight that everyone wants, the fight that will determine who the best Bantamweight in Canada is. Hill has been on a very impressive roll, he’s perfect through 9 fights and has dominated every fight. Brigham is a wild card though, he has been in this game so long and since his return he’s looked so impressive. He has the best ground game of any 135er in Canada. Hill likes to put guys on their backs and beat them down. This fight is so intriguing and we’re honored to be able to make it happen.”

This fight will determine the first WSOF Canada Bantamweight Champion. The fight is scheduled to take place in April 2014 in Canada.

19 Responses to “ Josh Hill Signs with WSOF Canada; Set to Fight Curtis Brigham for Title ”

Bad ass.

2. Graham Weenk says:

that’s an outstanding fight

3. Chad Pearson says:

AWESOME Fight!!!! Can’t wait.

4. topmmafan says:

Couldn’t be more proud of Josh! He also deserves to be treated with a lot more respect than he has been given. Darren Owen and company seem to understand and respect how talented he is. Dana White should be ashamed about what he said and he will soon regret it and come crawling for Josh in the future! Good luck to both men!

5. I think this one has wrapped up Don Wilson’s Maple Leaf Matchups for April!

6. Pav says:

Awesome fight! Curtis is very slick, I don’t think Hill has faced anyone like Curtis.

7. Forum Fighter says:

LOL! Josh gets subbed for sure. And if he wins it will be SOOOOOOOO BORING! Josh Hill is the boringest fighter EVER!

8. Chad Pearson says:

Oh Forum Fighter – Such a strong statement for a guy with such a weak spine he has to hide his name.

9. cj says:

coming from a guy whos name is forum fighter LOL

10. Tyler Davis says:

I don’t think it’s possible for these two guys to have a boring fight! The implications on Canada’s top 10 Bantamweights is exciting as is. This is going to be a display to top tier talent in Canada. I would buy a ticket just to see what level these guys fight at. It’s going to be crazy, and the big question is wether or not josh will look to take this to the ground with Curtis’s ground game. Great match up from WSOF!

11. There’s nothing that will be boring about this fight. If Hill is “boring” then Brigham subs him.

This fight will be explosive and I can’t wait to see it!

2 great guys

12. Big Win says:

I gotta agree with Tyler I don’t think this fight can be boring. Curtis is so good off his back Josh wont take the chance to lay and pray. I think both both men will display their stand up games and we’ll be treated to some exciting transitions and scrambles.

And yes Mr Grienke I can’t see a fight that would eclipse this for the #1 spot. Man I remember when people said WSOF Canada wouldn’t give us great fights, Starnes vs Lewis, Ford vs Powell and now this.

All I gotta os Darren you best get your promotion down east so I can cover some of these badass match ups

13. smash says:

I think Josh s top game will neutralize Brighams active guard just like it has everyone else…

14. Shinjo says:

I see Josh Hill winning this via 5 round decision in Georges St. Pierre fashion.

15. Darren Owen says:

That’s the plan Big Win! There’s more than one good reason we have been getting fights for some if the Ont boys. Powell, Dickson, Romero, signing Hill. Let’s just hope Mr. Hayashi allows us to play in his sandbox.

16. Hommina says:

Ya get your promotion all across Canada Darren.

17. Hawkes says:

This should be a great fight. Has josh fought anyone with the skills of Brigham on the ground? Who was his biggest test in terms of grappling?

My guess is this is gonna be in Winnipeg?

19. Big Win says:

@Darren Owen

Valentines day is coming up I say send Mr. Hayashi some nice chocolates maybe some flowers and just ask nicely. It’s not that he doesn;’t play well with others he is just an expensive date :)

Great signings and by all the names you mentioned I think you’d do some great attendance in or around the GAT maybe Mississauga.