Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – January 6, 2014
Oh well…whether you are preparing for a fight or having a cerveza in Mazatlan, I hope you these MMA rumours warm your cockles, as Big Win likes to say!
- Just curious guys, but are there any 115 lbs male fighters around that you guys know of ??? Someone is looking for an opponent to make his MMA debut against.
- If you are a 170er, Ricky Goodall is looking for an opponent as Alderic Keith got hurt. Contact ECC’s Peter Martell if you are interested.
- Flyweight Action: Eric Wilson will take on Stephane Pelltier at Hybrid Combat March 8th. Fight will be at 125 lbs.
- Roger Alves is making his return to MMA after an over nine year break and will be on the February 21st WSOF Canada card in Edmonton!
- Gargoyle Alert! Derek Boyle is taking on Dia Grant at Hard Knocks 34 in a light weight bout on January 17th. This is a rematch of a 2010 Rage in the Ring fight that ‘The Gargoyle’ won by decision.
- Looks like Fivestar’s next show is an all amateur show in March that will be held in Prince George, BC.
- Tristar’s MMA Fight Night will be held on March 6th in Montreal at Rinque Arena. A couple names on the card are Ryan Hall and Aiemann Zahabi!
- Matt Baker’s Team Nogueira connections must be working out, he is fighting on January 25th for Fight Now in Macieo, Brazil!
- Richard Arsenault (2-0) will take on Aaron Crawley (1-0) on March 8th in a super middleweight boxing bout in Moncton, New Brunswick.
- World Series of Fighting Canada is Getting ‘Stress’ed! Look for Martin “Stress” Desilets on their Edmonton card! I would like to see Stress and D-Bomb or Tim Chemelli get it on!
- Lenny Wheeler will also be on the WSOF Canada card in Edmonton. My prediction: William Romero vs “The Showstealer”.
- Top Canadian wrestler James Mancini is looking for his second win in MMA this month in Halifax at ECC 19. Would anyone else like to see an MMA fight between some combination of MMA wrestling elite Mancini, Adrian Woolley, and Roger Alves?
- This one is not a lock but two people have mentioned Mike Hill vs Tyson Steele to me on the Ryan Ford vs Joel Powell February 21 card in February. Mark this rumour one at 40%.
Muay Thai News:
- If any of you watched the K-1 World MAX Quarters you may have noticed that Alin Halmagean reffed the bouts!
- Undefeated Canadian Muay Thai Superstar Simon Marcus defeated Li Bei via 1st round TKO in Jinan, China this past weekend! Marcus was originally set to face Shifu Yanzi, with Bei being a last minute replacement opponent. Marcus is now 37-0-1 and considered by many sources as the #1 Light-Heavyweight Muay Thai Fighter in the World. Marcus once again won Muay Thai Authority’s North American Fighter of the Year 2013 (previously won in 2012 as well). He went 7-0-1 last year with his draw being highly controversial and many feeling he won.
- “Bazooka” Joe Valtellini won Muay Thai Authority’s North American Breakthrough Fighter of the Year for 2013, going 4-1 in 2013 with the only blemish on his record being losing in the Glory WW Tourney Final to Nieky Holzken.
What’s the Latest on Ryan Dickson?
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: email@example.com.
NOTE2: Ladies, if you wish to have your picture posted as the gossip queen, send your photos to me as well. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.