Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – January 6, 2014

gossip queen 4It sure is cold in the great white north!  Time to get back into the gym and warm up.   Either that or head to Mexico!

Oh well…whether you are preparing for a fight or having a cerveza in Mazatlan, I hope you these MMA rumours warm your cockles, as Big Win likes to say!

• Just curious guys, but are there any 115 lbs male fighters around that you guys know of ??? Someone is looking for an opponent to make his MMA debut against.
  • If you are a 170er, Ricky Goodall is looking for an opponent as Alderic Keith got hurt.  Contact ECC’s Peter Martell if you are interested.
  • Roger Alves is making his return to MMA after an over nine year break and will be on the February 21st WSOF Canada card in Edmonton!
  • Gargoyle Alert! Derek Boyle is taking on Dia Grant at Hard Knocks 34 in a light weight bout on January 17th.  This is a rematch of a 2010 Rage in the Ring fight that ‘The Gargoyle’ won by decision.
  • Looks like Fivestar’s next show is an all amateur show in March that will be held in Prince George, BC.
  • Tristar’s MMA Fight Night will be held on March 6th in Montreal at Rinque Arena.  A couple names on the card are Ryan Hall and Aiemann Zahabi!
  • Matt Baker’s Team Nogueira connections must be working out, he is fighting on January 25th for Fight Now in Macieo, Brazil!

• Richard Arsenault (2-0) will take on Aaron Crawley (1-0) on March 8th in a super middleweight boxing bout in Moncton, New Brunswick.
  • Top Canadian wrestler James Mancini is looking for his second win in MMA this month in Halifax at ECC 19.  Would anyone else like to see an MMA fight between some combination of MMA wrestling elite Mancini, Adrian Woolley, and Roger Alves?

Muay Thai News:

• If any of you watched the K-1 World MAX Quarters you may have noticed that Alin Halmagean reffed the bouts!
  • Undefeated Canadian Muay Thai Superstar Simon Marcus defeated Li Bei via 1st round TKO in Jinan, China this past weekend! Marcus was originally set to face Shifu Yanzi, with Bei being a last minute replacement opponent. Marcus is now 37-0-1 and considered by many sources as the #1 Light-Heavyweight Muay Thai Fighter in the World.  Marcus once again won Muay Thai Authority’s North American Fighter of the Year 2013 (previously won in 2012 as well).  He went 7-0-1 last year with his draw being highly controversial and many feeling he won.
  • “Bazooka” Joe Valtellini won Muay Thai Authority’s North American Breakthrough Fighter of the Year for 2013, going 4-1 in 2013 with the only blemish on his record being losing in the Glory WW Tourney Final to Nieky Holzken.

What’s the Latest on Ryan Dickson?

NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email:

NOTE2: Ladies, if you wish to have your picture posted as the gossip queen, send your photos to me as well.  Email:

36 Responses to “ Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – January 6, 2014 ”

1. Andrew says:

Is tmmn doing a best of 2013 this year? I have been looking forward to it the last couple weeks

2. Jeff W says:

Rattles me that Nobody will step up to fight Ryan. One of the most talented guys in the game and is constantly being denied opportunities to showcase his talent.

Hats of to you guys for recognizing that and giving us a “What’s the latest of Ryan Dickson” section!

Hopefully someone can put together Dickson vs. Gunner when they’re both ready to go… preferably in Alberta someone or at least a show with a TV deal or a stream! ;)

4. Jeff Harrison says:

I have a 115lbs fighter looking to make debut in 2013.

5. Mike Russell says:

I may have a strawweight for your guy, Jeff. When will he be ready?

6. Gossip Queen says:

Forgot to mention that ECC is looking for a 170er to face Ricky Goodall.

7. Martin says:

Good to see Eric Wilson back in there!

8. Sagat says:

Nice to see Simon Marcus getting his propers! Ontario is so proud of you. World class Muay Thai. Best in the WORLD at 175 lbs. Much respect.

9. Jeff Harrison says:

Email me with details please:)

10. Bjj fan says:

Baker vs Dickson!!!!

11. JZ says:

Starnes vs. Bosse? is he still fighting?

12. Yes. There will be a best of 2013. Pretty much ranked and will start rolling out winners this week.

13. Mike Russell says:

Starnes vs. Desilets would be a great fight.

14. kyle stoltz says:

If any promotion is looking to add a 145 pounder to there card in the next couple months let me know I have a good one looking for a fight.

15. AMLECF says:

^^that’s some high end managing skills going on right there

16. Old School Jake says:

I don’t get what the sarcastic comment is for in regards to Kyle’s post. A good manager looks for fights for his client. Whether it’s an email, text, call or post on a forum. It’s called doing your job. He’s doing it.

I agree with Jake.

Btw anyone who doesn’t see that Kyle is a top level manager is woefully uninformed.

This guy is working with top names and top brands putting in 70 hour weeks and killing it for his clients.

Top 2% in the business imo.

18. kyle stoltz says:

@Alecf effort meets the expectations meaning I don’t expect much ever on here so just put it on there for a shot in the dark that some promotion had an injury or what not and was looking to fill it. But don’t worry I got him a fight today in Ohio for March. Took me 48 hours to find him a fight.

Lol at me caring what you think. You post under a fake name on here (which to me is still just odd and something a child would do)and your probably the guy who washes my windows when I stop at a red light. If you want to compare notes on what I do/accomplish compared to what you do I’m game. If not just keep being the dork posting on forums all day.

You ran out of patience finally Kyle lol.

Good to see you’re human!

Cheers man keep doing your thing.

20. kyle stoltz says:

Thanks Jake and Robin. I really do my best!

Funny thing is I could manage every UFC champ and give all my money to charity and I would still get bashed.

If you don’t have haters you are not working hard enough.

Cheers man enjoy your night.

Actually nix that you’re probably just working all night.

22. kyle stoltz says:

Yeah been working since around 4 am and will most likely call it a work day around 11 when I’m exhausted. Will most likely announce a new client in the top 10 in the UFC at 125 pounds tonight or early tomorrow. People super close to me already know who it is as I’m terrible at keeping my mouth shut but will officially be announced soon as had a couple changes to the contract to get done that should be signed off on today or tomorrow at the latest.

Yeah people hating use to bother me and make me think oh what did I do wrong now I just laugh or get annoyed but 9 out of 10 times just laugh. You just saw my response when it annoys me lol.

23. I don’t see why looking for fights on here is a sign of a bad manager. Everyone has seen lots of fights get made on these comment sections.

I know I run the joint, so I am a tad biased, but isn’t it a sign of a good manager to do everything possible to get your client a fight?

24. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Its only bad when I look for fights on here for my guys…lol…actually I got Craig his shot with Five star from here and now he’s champ…hmmm…I think I’ll still use your sight Keith to get my guys fights if I can…;)

25. AMLECF says:

I disagree with him being the top 2% for managers, also my personal dealings with him haven’t been great . Probably the main thing that caused the sarcastic remark is how he tries to recruit on here then airs laundry about fighters not taking fights with his guys , which I find lame. Probably could have gone about it better way but I already wrote it.

26. Kyle Stoltz says:

1. The only person I ever complained about not taking fights with one of my guys was Kent for Luke and that had a long long track record, that I don’t care to go back and talk about cause I like Mike and don’t want to start drama. But I consider Luke a good friend and client so I do everything in my power to see him succeed or get to where he wants to in his career. But alright that’s fine.

2 Lol at me recruiting anyone. Okay I will bite who did I try to recruit on here? Please call me out if you think it’s true I’am all ears and if your right I will look like a moron. Also that’s hilarious that you think the upper level need to recruit as fighters come to us shoot I don’t even have social media beyond an inactive twitter that’s how much I recruit. The people that know me know I do everything in my power to be off the radar when it comes to recognition.

3. I’m not saying I’am or am not in the top 2% but lets see your list of better managers. I’m just curious cause I think you have no idea what your talking about so want to call you out on it to see if I’m right or wrong.

PS your still a coward and posting under a fake name. Big man who has to hide behind a screen. If you really had a set you would post under your name but I’m this insignificant guy so why not say who you are. Also that response told us a lot your a jealous manager or something. It’s okay work hard and it will come your way some day.

27. AMLECF says:

Both 1 and 2 had to do with getting fights for Hornbuckle. 3. Off the top of my head would be Malki and Glenn Robinson, probably also Brian Butler. I’m not saying you’re a bad manager by any stretch, just not in my opinion top 2% like Robin said.
    Also, no matter how much you call me a coward I won’t tell you my name. I’m not a manager, nor ever will I become a manager. It seems like a thankless job, especially for how much work a person would have to put in. I don’t use my name due to personal reasons, also it’s not like I’ve started ripping into you like some people do on here. I just have a difference of opinion.

28. kyle stoltz says:

I recruited Hornbuckle are you on drugs? I asked who I recruited cause you claim I recruited someone on here which is hilarious and your response was 1 and 2 are both Hornbuckle so if that is your response you have to be joking. About me calling people out for Hornbuckle he had 4 fights in 2013 so he fought more then most including 2 fights in Japan so he fought plenty and on top of that I would simply say Hornbuckle would fight the guy if someone needed an opponent. Shoot I just posted I had a 45er looking for fights I wish someone would have responded they had one for us to fight(not any more cause he got booked). Maybe I did that for Hornbuckle to try and help as it’s not like I ever did it with guys that were inexperienced I did it for guys that it would of been a good fight. If someone posts have a guy looking for a fight the point is to get a fight so I was trying to help. About a guy turning down a fight with him that was 1 guy and a fight Dan wanted bad so maybe I was trying to call him out on it to see if that would help get him to take a fight with Dan.

So in an industry with hundreds if not thousands of managers you mention 3 better then me and in that list one spent millions to get where he is at and makes no bones about that(including massive signing bonuses for some guys) another if you compare rosters is no where near mine and another well is probably the most known guy in the business at poaching since I have been in the business. But okay it’s your opinion. The reality is the manager’s who are the best you didn’t even mention. Guys like Mike Roberts, Dwayne Zinkin and Ed Soares are the best right now but your response made me realize you don’t know the industry very well.

I still think it is beyond cowardly to blast someone and not post your name or even have a strong opinion at all but I really don’t care I just think it’s weak. Also you claim you have worked with me I only work with manager’s, promoters and sponsors. You claim your not a manager, I would bet money on it your not a sponsor and lol if your a promoter. My job is never to have promoters like me if they do cool if not that’s fine too cause my job is to fight for my clients to get the most money and best opportunity and in doing so some promoter’s won’t like me and I’m fine with that. If you find a manager who wants to be friends with promoter’s over the fight for his/her clients I will show you a manager who is unsuccessful.

29. AMLECF says:

Sorry I mistyped , what I was meaning is you were trying to recruit people to fight Hornbuckle.

Also, not a manger, not a sponsor, not a promoter.

The dirty word “recruit”, when it comes to managers, means beg for new clients or try to sway clients from other managers.

The lowest form of recruiting is just to hear about a fight and send facebook messages to fighters ‘offering’ them that fight you heard about then calling the matchmaker and saying you manage said fighter. That’s also known as “Ambulance Chasing”.

“Poach” is the more extreme, which is to sneak behind a manager’s back and steal a client with bs claims that you can get him big $/get him in the UFC/get him something big.

Poachers and Ambulance Chasers are bottom feeders.

A fighter I work with had a poacher email him claiming he could get him in the UFC recently. Chump.

Kyle is offended by you calling him a ‘recruiter’ as he should be. But you clearly didn’t understand the term so its not as intentionally offensive.

Kyle is a top guy and I guarantee you he’s had poachers sniff around his guys and seen millions of recruiters and ambulance chasers.

I bet he has some great stories.

32. AMLECF says:

Ah, well then I apologize for using the word recruit wrongly in this instance.

33. Rugstep says:

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t
    appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again.

Anyways, just wanted to say superb blog!

34. This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.

I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking
    more of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your website in my
    social networks!

35. We need more people around here like the Rugstep and flooring patterns, so friendly! haha

36. Bdc says:

Looking for a fight on here is great i can think of more than a handfull that have started the process because of Top mma news.