Merry Christmas from Top MMA News
Happy Holidays to all of our readers! With Canadian MMA taking a holiday break, Top MMA News would like to wish all of our readers, their friends, and family a very Merry Christmas.
We would also like to thank everyone for coming to the site. Thank you for reading about this fantastic sport in the Great Fight North that we are privileged to cover.
Thank you for making Top MMA News the best MMA Community in Canada!
Here are our annual tongue-in-cheek holiday wishes for some of our Top MMA News friends:
- May Victor Valimaki stop teasing MMA fans and either piss or get off the pot! Fight or retire!
- May two Canadian boys win TUF Nations.
- To Steve Fader and Darren Owen of WSOF Canada, may you get that TSN deal and be on live TV in Canada!
- May a new Canadian UFC champion be crowned now that Georges St-Pierre has taken some time off.
- May Americans face the same long haul as Canadians do to get MFC title shots. Either that or may Canadians get title shots in their first MFC fights like Americans.
- To Jamie Champion and Neil Forrester, may you continue to put on solid Ontario shows. We need them!
- May TJ Grant recover from his post-concussion syndrome and wins his UFC title.
- May there be more than three shows from the Maximum Fighting Championship in 2014.
- May TUF Nations: Tristar vs Australia get great ratings so we may get TUF Nations: Adrenaline Training Center vs Brazil, TUF Nations: Team Toshido vs Japan.
- May Chad Laprise, Olivier Aubin-Mercier, Kajan Johnson and Matt Desroches get an appearance on Sesame Street singing “One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn’t belong. Can you tell which thing is not like the others by the time I finish my song?“. Of course, Matt Desroches would get highlighted being the Wulfrun fighter with three Tristar TUF Nations teammates.
- To Georges St-Pierre, may you not be impressed by your hiatus and return to the UFC by the end of 2014.
- May Top MMA Radio to rise up like a phoenix from the ashes.
- To Sarah Kaufman, Jesse Ronson, Jessica Rakoczy…may you lose that goose egg in your UFC win column!
- May Don Andrews and Robin Black get more work on MMA live MMA broadcasts. These guys are Canada’s best ring announcer and colour man!
- To Newfoundland, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island fight fans, may pro MMA arrive in your provinces.
- To Randa Markos, may you get invited to the UFC Strawweight title tournament season of The Ultimate Fighter.
- May Montreal, Toronto, and Winnipeg get steady local MMA shows and may Moncton have their’s legally return.
- To Mitch Gagnon, may you get a Mastercard, because your Visa never seems to get acccepted.
- To Boyd Sharpe, may you film a less demanding sequel. Cubicle to the Curling Rink ? Better yet, Hemmings House should film Cage to the Cubicle. Get some fighters or trainers like Jesse Gross, Peter Martell, Kultar Gill, and Michael Hill and follow them as Boyd Sharpe trains them to evolve from MMA fighter to filing TPS reports to data entry operator to Java developer.
- To Sam Stout, may you continue winning in the UFC but using less than 15 minutes each time.
- To Joe Doerksen, may you realize that chicks don’t dig retired guys and give us a couple more fights.
- To Michael Imperato, may you get the box set of the mini-series “Roots”.
- May the Ontario Athletic Commission accept coupons to help reduce costs for Ontario promoters.
- May the many CNMMAF Facebook groups and users re-add Keith Grienke as a Facebook friend. He is starting to think you guys don’t like him.
- To Rory MacDonald and Mike Ricci, may you stop dressing like extras from the set of Mad Men.
- To Mark Pavelich, you’ve been on the #PavelichGrind too long. May 2013 be the year of the #PavelichGroove.
- To Mukai Maromo, may you find additional sub defense hit points in your stocking.
- To the Fivestar Fight League crew, may you continue putting shows on for
Santa at the North Polefans in the Northwest Territories.
- May Rejean Groulx return to MMA. We have not seen the 5-1 fighter since his fight of the year against Mitch Gagnon.
- To Hamilton MMA fans, may you get a Josh Hill vs Curtis Brigham WSOF Canada Bantamweight title fight.
- May Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia get their long-awaited UFC events in the new year and let Mitch Clarke and TJ Grant get home field advantage.
- To Shane Campbell, may you win the K1 tournament.
- May Bellator return to Canada.
- To Julia Budd, may you get a piece of Cristiane Cyborg in 2014 and become the world champion in the Invicta Featherweight division
- To Yoni Sherbatov, may you actually get a pro Flyweight fight. Same with Randy Turner!
- To some Canadian, any Canadian, may you please win a Bellator tournament fight.
- To David Loiseau and Kalib Starnes, may these veteran Middleweights get back to the UFC.
- May at least a couple of Canada’s talented Featherweights, Josh Machan, Michael Karkula, Gavin Tucker, and Graham Spencer get their first shot at the big show!
- May all you fighters get three fights in 2014 with no training camp injuries and you all make weight.
All kidding aside, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from me and all the staff at Top MMA News,
Your support is much appreciated,