World Series of Fighting 7 Results – Karakhanyan FW Champ!

World Series of FightingThe World Series of Fighting is making its debut in Vancouver, Canada on December 7th with WSOF 7.

Here are the results from this card:

Main Card:
***Georgi Karakhanyan submits Lance Palmer by Guillotine Choke at 4:40 of Rd3
***WSOF World Featherweight Title Fight
*Jesse Taylor defeats Elvis Mutapcic by Unanimous Decision (30-27×3)
*Middleweight Tournament Semi-finals
Nick Newell submits Sabai Fadai by Guillotine Choke at 1:21 of Rd1
Kalib Starnes defeats Dwayne Lewis by KO (Elbows) at 1:02 of Rd2

Preliminary Card:
Mike Hill defeats Richard Arsenault by TKO (Doctor’s Stoppage, leg injury) at 1:29 of Rd2
David Perron submits Matt Baker by Triangle Choke at 1:46 of Rd1
Gabriel Solorio defeats Shawn Albrecht by Unanimous Decision (29-28,29-28,29-28)
Myles Merola defeats Dan Ring by Unanimous Decision (29-27,29-27,29-27)
Brendan Kornberger defeats Micah Brakefield by TKO (corner stoppage) at 2:45 of Rd2

_______________________
Bet on MMA
______________________

_____________________________

33 Responses to “ World Series of Fighting 7 Results – Karakhanyan FW Champ! ”

1. You can actually bet on the main card HERE

2. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Kornberger TKO’s Brakefield rd 2.

3. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Merola def. Ring UD (29-7 X 3)

4. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Sorry Merola def. Ring via UD (29-27 X 3)

5. Jamie Locke says:

SHOWTIME! YESSSSSSSS!

6. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Solorio def. Albrecht UD (29-28 X 3)

7. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Perron def. Baker via Submission (Triangle, Rd 1)

8. Jamie Locke says:

Is the main card not on the stream?

9. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Nope!

10. Dean Panas says:

It’s blocked on my comp. I can watch it on my I Phone.

11. RickRoll says:

What was Starnes yelling at Lewis after the fight when he was knocked out already? That seemed unnecessary. Guy seems like a classless prick.

12. Mike kent says:

Starnes has been trash talking a lot lately in his fights during the action which I’m fine with but after cleaning KO’ing someone standing over them and cursing and screaming at them is low man. Major dickhead move. That’s no way to celebrate what was a pretty spectacular win. Dwayne’s my teammate and isn’t a big trash talker or big mouth. He just comes to fight win or lose. Pretty off putting the way Kalib acted.

13. Don't Call Me Leon says:

So Lewis didn’t provoke a 209 like verbal beat down?

14. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Do WSoF issue bonuses, cause that type of action shouldn’t be rewarded?

15. Aaron Robinson says:

Lewis is a class act man, seen it first hand. Not sure why Starnes did that, maybe he is just really ecstatic to have his career back on track. This is a HUGE win for him I’m not sure that a lot should be taken away from him due to his post KO actions. In the heat of the moment people do stuff that maybe they wouldn’t do in a regular situation.

16. RickRoll says:

My theory is Starnes is angry and yelling at people like Hague & Lewis to take out his frustrations. He is trying to act all hard and tough but from now until the day he dies, Starnes will be known as the guy that ran from Nate Quarry and the Sprinkler in the UFC hahahahha

17. Darren Owen says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 19 Thumb down 31

18. Darren Owen says:

@Leon, Boost Mobile gives away a $5,500 bonus to the winner of their “Rattle the cage” contest on twitter. To vote for you you think deserves the bonus just tweet the fighters last ie #starnes and #rattlethecage winners are flown out and announced at the following event.

19. mmafan says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 11 Thumb down 26

20. Bdc says:

Watched the fights on tsn 2 tonight and they sure didnt make it seem that starens did hardly anything too lewis after the KO they even huged but it is TV and on hand accounts say different.

21. Cookandeatchaka says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 18

22. I think Kalib Starnes should get the Boost Mobile award. Do you have to put @BoostMobile or @MMAWorldSeries in the tweet?

Darren Owen says:
    December 8, 2013 at 2:42 pm

23. @Mike Kent… can you just get in the zone and continue the hate after the fight? I remember Lewis going after Marvin Eastman after he KO’d Eastman. Ref stopped him and was trying to pull him away and Dwayne kept on going at Eastman who was out on the canvas. I agree it is not sportsmanlike though.

24. Dark Knight says:

@cookandeatchaka- have you ever been verbal in front of Owen and fader or do you just get off your knees and wipe your chin.

Topmmanews will be around much longer than WSOF Canada, guaranteed, especially with those two in charge.

I’m not a Mark P or MFC fan, but they put on a much better show, with much better fighters, who have more future potential

25. The Athlete says:

You mean tge MFC that just had brothers fight each other? The MFC that brought in Marcus Hicks? The MFC that paired Mukai against Kurt Southern (awful matchup stylistically) that fight didnt have a chance at being entertaining. That MFC you mean? Good one….

26. Qtip says:

Agree it was a bit unsportsmannlike but an emotional win for him wicked elbow ko in front of his home crowd on biggest event he’s been on in quite awhile. I’d probably feel like Joe Thornton after scoring four goals at that point, lol.. At least he held back from punching him one more time before the ref stepped in to end the fight. He definitely deseerves the bonus whateever it is but Nick Newell will probably end up with it since its more of a popularity contest.

27. mike kent says:

Yeah I can see your point Keith and I actually like the new mean trash talking Starnes. Hes been on a roll and obviously is a very good fighter. Just hate seeing that carry over after a the fights done. Dwaynes a tough guy with tons of experience. That was a very nice KO

28. Graham Weenk says:

@The Athlete, I like mma, to me 1st round subs are entertaining

29. The Athlete says:

Maybe the wrong choice of words, not that it didnt have a chance at being entertaining. But that fight was gonna end with Mukai winning by KO or Kurt subbing him. Just a mismatch of styles I think. Just an opinion is all

30. Ryan D says:

So one guy would win by ko and the other might win by sub. This is a poor match up????? How so ??? No decision someone gets finished and you as a fan have a problem with that??? Weird

31. The Athlete says:

My preference would be to see high level strikers, or high level grapplers face each other. Not everyones opinion is the same I suppose

32. Aaron Robinson says:

@Cookandeatchaka, I do what I want, this is an open forum and that is how I feel. I can assure you I am not afraid to share my feelings for people in front of their faces if the situation calls for such an approach. And please, if you are going to quote me, at least do me a favor and work on your spelling and grammar, have some pride man!

33. The Champ says:

Hey Darren Owen,
    Just curious what your attendance was from your last event? I heard from someone that got free tickets that it was one of the most poorly attended events in recent memory… was that the case? I’m sure a man with so many years of experience with your other event would have been able to pull in a decent crowd, what happened here and what are you looking to do differently for any future events?
    The Champ