GSP Hanging Up UFC Gloves ‘For a Little Bit’

photo by Eric Gaudreault|godro.biz

photo by Eric Gaudreault|godro.biz

Georges St-Pierre defeated Johny Hendricks in a close split decision at UFC 167 and then shocked the MMA world in his post fight interview.

In his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan, GSP said he will hang up his gloves “for a little bit.” St-Pierre went on to say he has “personal things happening” and reiterated that he has “to go away for a little bit.”

Here is a transcript of his post-fight interview:

GSP – “A lot of talk about what’s going to happen. I have a bunch of stuff going in my life happening. I need to hang up my gloves for a little bit…I hope my fan appreciate.”

Rogan – “Are you retiring is that what your are saying?

GSO – “I have to go away for a little bit, at least. (I have) personal things happening and I want to say thank you from the bottom of heart to the UFC and everyone for their support.”

Rogan – “What you are saying is that you have personal things outside of fighting that you have to attend to. Is this the end?”

GSP – “I have to step away for a bit that is all I can say right now. Later on, I will make a point on that…Right, now I have to go away for a little bit…. I am very emotional right now.”

Top MMA News would like to thank the world champion for all he has done in the sport and wish Georges the best in his future endeavors.

8 Responses to “ GSP Hanging Up UFC Gloves ‘For a Little Bit’ ”

1. Donald Duck says:

I’m really hoping there isn’t some fight related illness that is causing this. I’m hoping that GSP is deciding to go out while on the top. This would be the best all round.

Either way all the best to Georges and thanks for the great career.

Donnie

2. gnp says:

Agreed 100 % ….been a great Canadian ambassador for the sport……

3. TMZ is saying that GSP got a girl pregnant and that his father is dying.

4. Trent Thorne says:

How is TMZ anything other than a star magazine of toads generation?

Should be running stories like this, rather than that BS!

5. Aaron Robinson says:

Not a big fan at all of how Dana White handled this situation. If I were George St. Pierre I would be some upset about it as well. He has been a stud for that organization for many years and he doesn’t “owe” anybody anything. I am not a GSP fan nor have I ever been but I feel for him here. The situation could have been handled with a little bit more professionalism than it was.

6. Graham Weenk says:

Floyd mayweather, boxing’s biggest ppv draw makes in $100million zone last fight…GSP is mma’s biggest draw, ufc pays him$400k…meaning ufc has made a TON of money off him, he doesn’t owe the UFC anything.

I know gsp gets ppv $ too, but no where near Floyd money, GSP ppv makes zuffa richer than it makes gsp

7. Drake Kyle says:

At least with GSP retired, everyone will now get to see how much of a fraud Firas Habadi actually is and over-rated tristar is. Great job he’s done with Rory MacDonald, turned a great boxer striker and future champion into weak pushover fighter. I was a huge fan a Rory. Please go back to David Lea who turned you into an animal

8. Chin like a Spruce Stump says:

Gsp Deserves a lot more respect from everybody After all he was a champion for seven years and still is