UFC 167 Results – GSP Retains in a Split

UFC Logo ThumbnailHappy Anniversary UFC. It has been 20 years, so they are putting on a packed Las Vegas, Nevada based card for UFC 167. Here are the results from tonight’s action.

Main Card
Georges St-Pierre defeats Johny Hendricks by Split Decision (48-47×2, 47-48)
***St-Pierre retains UFC Welterweight title

Rashad Evans defeats Chael Sonnen by TKO (GNP) in Round 1, 4:05
Robbie Lawler defeats Rory MacDonald by Split Decision (29-28×2, 28-29)
Tyron Woodley defeats Josh Koscheck by KO (Punches) in Round 1, 4:38
Ali Bagautinov defeats Tim Elliott by Unanimous Decision(29-28×2,30-27)

Donald Cerrone submits Evan Dunham by Triangle Choke in Round 2, 3:49
Thales Leites defeats Ed Herman by Unanimous Decision
Rick Story defeats Brian Ebersole by Unanimous Decision
135lbs- Erik Perez defeats Edwin Figueroa by Unanimous Decision
Jason High defeats Anthony Lapsley by Unanimous Decision
Sergio Pettis defeats Will Campuzano by Unanimous Decision
Gian Villante defeats Cody Donovan by TKO (Punches) in Round 2, 1:22

Main Card: (PPV – 10pm et)
170lbs- Georges St. Pierre (24-2) vs. Johny Hendricks (15-1)
***Welterweight Title Fight
205lbs- Chael Sonnen (29-13-1) vs. Rashad Evans (18-3-1)
170lbs- Rory MacDonald (15-1) vs. Robbie Lawler

18 Responses to “ UFC 167 Results – GSP Retains in a Split ”

1. Wow. Woodley with a big KO over Koscheck, who now has three losses in a row with the last two being bad KOs.

2. Marv says:

Bigg rigg won that belt

With Lawler’s win and Hendricks dropping the controversial decision I’d say put them together for the Welterweight Title… assuming GSP will be vacating the belt!

4. Let’s not forget the Condit/Matt Brown fight! I would love to see Lawler vs Matt Brown.

4 man tournament would be okay with me too!

6. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hendricks lost in the first when he tapped from Georges guillotine!!!

7. BOOBOO says:

8. Cameron Loutitt says:

I gave 1, 3 & 5 to GSP. I’m really glad I wasn’t the only who saw that tap, even if it was super weak.

9. The first round is the difference. 3,5 definitely GSP. 2,4 definitely Hendricks. This is not a controversial decision. This is just a close decision.

10. Bdc says:

I watch the video after and im pretty sure it wasnt a tap. Looked like the arm in choke had slipped up before he tapped so im not so sure we wasnt just pushing him off. You tube shows it fairly wel (2 hand taps of some type). Also i agree keith 1st rd was up in the air for me i thought hendricks pulled it out but you need to take the champ out too get the W.

11. Bdc says:

In vegas anyway…

I thought Hendricks won, and I think Gsp might have thought so too.

That knockout on KOS is the one we’re going to be talking about when he is slurring his words in a few years. Even the big shots he ate earlier were bad. I dunno how many more shots he can eat like that.
    Was I the only one who thought Lawler deserved a UD?

13. @Harry Balls… I thought Rory winning one scorecard was the worst decision of the night.

14. Chin like a Spruce Stump says:

Gsp is still the champ Regardless what everybody saying but it was a very close fight And yes it look like a tap to me . Rematch is all we can say

15. mmafan says:

Gsp needs to throw away that russia toque he was rockin during primetime

16. IanHardie says:

I’ve rewatched that “tap” in the first round. Was not a tap, the choke was not in, GSP let it go so he wouldn’t get swept. It wasn’t some diabolical plan by Hendricks to get GSP to let him go haha. You train pretty much your whole life to get a title shot, you think you’re going to tap 30 seconds in once someone tries to pull a guillotine?

17. Old School Jake says:

Agreed, even if you google the gif image you can see it replayed a hundred times. Why would he move his right arm through GSP’s hips just to tap? And the supposed tap was continued after GSP let go and was scrambling to get position. It was not a tap.

18. Chin like a Spruce Stump says: