KOTC CanadaKing of the Cage is in Cold Lake, Alberta for its final show of 2013.  It also might be the final show for Elmer Waterhen, as the Saskatchewan fighter is headed out of the cage and off to university, so fans will want to come out to see his final bout. If you are near Cold Lake, why not pick up a pair of tickets HERE, there is nothing like live MMA!

• Fight of the Night: Curtis Demarce vs. Tony Hervey

Xavier Pellerin submits Tom Benesocky by Strikes in Round 1, 2:17
Jon Cowan submits Travis Cardinal by Armbar in Round 1, 3:08
Pat Gionette defeats Simon Shirt by TKO (Punches) in Round 2, 0:28
Dan Amyotte defeats Patrick Gladue by TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 1:09
Drayton Angus defeats Jeff Porter by Split Decision
Paul Carpentier defeats Jordan Berland by TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 1:34

25 Responses to “ KOTC Canada: Out Cold – Quick Results – Hawkes Spoils Waterhen’s Retirement with Split Decision ”

1. Jakki says:

Lets go WAMMA!

2. mma fan says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 5 Thumb down 45

3. lol says:

Why? Mma fan

4. Cheap Toyota says:

Hahaha I thought Keegan was 6-0 as a amateur ? Lot of good that did him. 0-1 as a pro! his fan club will be heart broken :(

5. Aaron Robinson says:

Great turn out. Took wayy to long, only one doctor had to check on both fighters after every fight. Minimum 7 minute intermission between each fight. Nice to see Amyotte win as he has been through some tough shit lately. I really wanted to see Elmer fight but Damn just couldn’t stay that late. 5am comes quick. Props to all the fighters.
    P.S: Bobby K does a hell of a job wiping the canvas between rounds!

Easily Bobby’s most impressive performance in the cage ever… He didn’t miss a single spot!

7. Jakki says:

Keegan made it to the 3rd round with Kyle.. Probably not the debut he wanted but Kyles no joke.. He’s got nothing to be ashamed of, Kyles just good! And if Lindsey should retire why is he headlining an event? Sounds like MMA fan should maybe switch that to MMA fighter if he has all the right answers or admit that he couldn’t do the shit these men do, shut it and call it a night :) Lindsey’s only “issue” is he fights the best and wants to fight the best.. There’s a lot more guys out there hanging out crushing cans, Lindsey could have a hell of a record if he was cowardly like that too :p give fighters respect when they deserve it.. Lindsey’s one hell of
    A fighter and should continue to do what he does good! :)

8. Hawkes says:

Haterz make me famous!!! Lol jk

It’s ok. I’m sure along the way somewhere I rubbed you the wrong way mma fan. I apologize for any way that I have offended you. I have made many mistakes and said many things I regret. But one thing I don’t regret is all the wonderful experiences and friends I have made doing the thing I love to do.

Elmer is one tough dude! He deserves the spotlight tonight more than me by far. I did my best and I am proud of what happened tonight. Thanks to elmer, ken k, and MAD for having me. Stitches and sleep for me!

9. Katie says:

Too bad your just an “‘mma fan”… Keep living the dream on the side lines there buddy

10. B2J says:

Keegan will bounce back. The kid is tough and takes fighting seriously. It’s his first loss in the cage, I’m sure he learned a lot. He’ll be back in the gym right away trying to improve and back in the cage by January.

Didn’t you retire once already , Hawkes? And if you’re staying active, any chance you’ll fight out this way again?
    Congratulations on the win…..

12. Hawkes says:

Ya I was pretty frustrated with life and fighting for a while there. I plan on being active. Had a great experience with kotc and the Alberta commission. Would love to fight out that way again.

13. Bdc says:

Any play by play?

14. sheila says:

once you are able to open your mouth after the battle with Elmer you will be sayin Who’s next. not trying to eat Mcribs lol

MAD and KOTC definitely redeemed themselves for the Edmonton show with a little help from the guys on the card, well worth the drive up to Cold Lake… and the terrifying drive back home! Great night of fights!

16. lol, ya, yesterday was a long way back to winnipeg!!

Had a great experience though, treated very well by the promotion, and i thought the commission were great to work with and did a great job!

only complaint would be the one doctor….

Main event was an awesome fight, alot of punishment dished out on both sides, glorious retirement fight for Elmer, and i hope he does well in his new pursuits!

17. Fighter says:

Does anyone know who were the judges and what their scores were in the final fight?

18. underhooks says:

I’m more curious to what judge gave the fight to Demarce. He was totally dominated for the most part. I wonder if he is ok. He took some horrible damage.

19. underhooks says:

I was there.

Jeff Porter won clearly. Bad Decision.

Demarce lost every round but it was a valiant effort.

Hawkes clearly won one and two. Maybe the third was waterhens but that was close as well.

don’t leave it in the hands of the judges!!!

20. JB says:

Xavier “Weapon-X” Pellerin, 1-0

21. Graham Weenk says:

Great to see MAD put together a good show…the way it goes, bad Edmonton show and everyone jumps on him but not seeing any other comments about coming back with a strong show.

Good work kotc, hope to get some of my new guys in your next show!

22. scotty says:

MAD……take king of the cage to St.John’s Newfoundland and Labrador.

Someone needs to open the doors to MMA in that province.

23. Appreciate the kind words Graham.

I don’t do what I do for praise or for the hate. I do it because I don’t care about anything else in life.

But it does feel good to be appreciated by those that matter.

Thanks

24. Dan Amyotte says:

Awesome night of fights….every fighter sure left it on the line….i never thought i would’ve recovered so fast from my incident and be back in the cage so soon..i was shot five times not even 5 months ago…but i was in good shape from training mma and i believe thats the reason i recovered so fast…thanks Ken and Marc-Andre KOTC!!! for asking me to fight look forward to fighting again

25. Don Smith says:

100 apologizes for spelling Kyle Oliveira’s name wrong on a recent blog. It was sent as Oliveria the first time, thanks to someone who misspelled it and forwarded to me and others. Sorry, Kyle!
    Don Smith/journalist Arizona Boxing News & Notes With Don Smith