Canadian Rumour Mill – September 16, 2013
So with Louis Fisette back in The Ultimate Fighter 18 house, that makes four out of five Canadians making the cast. For me, that makes this the first must-watch TUF in a long time! Odds are that one of the four can make a finale! Cross your fingers.
- Always love seeing 2 ranked fighters going at it! Victor Valimaki vs Tim Chemelli rematch on December 14th at XFFC in Grande Prairie! Valimaki has had some well documented issues with weight cutting and the likes, I wonder if this fight be contested at a catchweight?
- The winner of KO of the Night at Unified 17 will be awarded a trip to Las Vegas from sponsor Travel Gurus!
- TJ Grant is out of his title fight with Anthony Pettis in December.
- A couple of recent second place finishers of main event Middleweight bouts could meet at ECC later this month. Mike Kent may being added to the ECC card against Chris Currie. Jon Williams and Josh Walker are also expected to meet on the September 28th card.
- I’ve heard several rumours that TUF Nations may be Welterweights only and the Middleweights’ participation will get cut out of the plans. This wouldn’t be the first time this has happened. Also it seems like whomever makes the cut may just go directly into the house and not have to fight his way in!
- Add Joel Powell, Ryan Machan, Chase Degenhardt, Sheldon Westcott and Derek Boyle to the ever growing list of Canadian boys going down to try out for TUF Nations!
- Ricky Goodall was yanked from the quickly filling-in ECC card as he is suspended still from his knockout loss to Richard Arsenault. Not sure how this will affect his TUF Nations aspirations…
- Unfortunately, James Kouame’s ONE FC debut was not a positive one as he was submitted by Jake Butler at 2:11 of the 1st round of One FC 11.
- James Mancini‘s Ontario, Canada-based opponent couldn’t get licensed, so their Philly bout is off.
- Also Sabah Fadai lost via 3rd Round TKO against Justin Larsson at Cage Warrior Combat 7 this weekend in Kingston, Washington.
- It’s been nearly a year since Tyson Steele signed a three fight contract with WSOF. He’s fought on two shows but did not appear on the last show and is not rumoured to be on WSOF 6. Is he going to stay with them?
- And… look for a Canadian boy not named Tyson Steele to appear on WSOF 6!
- Latest on the Prestige Fight Club MMA amateur card is that it is not sanctioned by anyone and that now that Bill S-209 has been signed, fighters who appear on the card could be suspended for up to a year! Contact the Saskatchewan
- Boy, did Shane “Shaolin” Campbell put on an impressive performance in Mallorca, Spain at K-1 World Max Final 16! Shane’s opponent, Wallace Lopes, came in overweight for the bout, but that didn’t matter as Shaolin made short work of him and finished him off in the 1st round with a kick to the liver. Way to go Shane! Let’s hope he gets a somewhat favourable draw and fights 3 times in 1 night!
- Nick Penner’s return to boxing was cancelled due to medical reasons.
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.