Fivestar Fight League 9: Quick Results – Tyler Davis New FFL BW Champ!

Fivestar THUMBFivestar Fight League is in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, holding it’s 9th show. This is their second visit to Yellowknife with a Bantamweight Title fight between Eric Wilson and Tyler Davis headlining the card.

Here are the quick results:

Pro MMA:
*** Fivestar Fight League Bantamweight Title Fight ***
Tyler Davis defeats Eric Wilson by Split Decision (48-47, 47-48, 50-45)
*** Davis wins Fivestar Bantamweight title

Andrew McInnes submits Danny Doig by Von Flue Choke in Round 1, 0:18
Misha Cirkunov submits Jon Ganshorn by Armbar in Round 1, 1:59

Amateur MMA:
James Williams defeats Chris Cardinal by TKO (Verbal Tapout) in Round 1, 0:10
Stuart Fontaine defats William Quintal by Unanimous Decision (30-27×2, 30-26)
Nick Hrabec defeats Rylee McKay (30-27×2, 30-26)
Devon Tordoff defeats Alec Paul by Unanimous Decision (30-27×2, 30-26)

29 Responses to “ Fivestar Fight League 9: Quick Results – Tyler Davis New FFL BW Champ! ”

I wouldn’t mind seeing an Owen Carr vs. Tyler Davis rematch, I’m sure Tyler has improved quite a bit since their first meeting!

2. Tyler Davis says:

Just want to say that Eric Wilson and his coaching staff were simply great! I’ve never shared food at a weigh in with my opponent before. It was a true honor to fight that man! Thanks to my great team who prepared me for that battle, thanks to FiveStar Fighting league for the opprotunity. And just want to spread a little awareness about blood donations and how they are so direly needed 1 888 2 DONATE. This is truly a dream of mine, gotta send a huge thanks to my bro as well who can tolerate me during my weight cuts.

3. Jamie Locke says:

Didn’t Wilson have the title? So Davis would be the new champ, not inaugural?

Any video of the fight?

4. Demitri (trev) says:

No disrespect to ganshorn, super nice guy.

But I think it’s time for misha to fight a high caliber opponent. Sick of hearing all the hype, time to beat someone…

5. Misha came into this fight off a quick sub loss in his last fight. No harm in resetting by getting a win over a less skilled opponent.

6. Donald Duck says:

So um, MMA judging…. huh?

Note: Before you maroons get your Sprawl shorts into a twist I’m taking nothing away from Tyler or Eric; this is a post about judging.

Judge One – 48-47 Davis

Judge Two – 47-48 Wilson

Judge Three – 50-45 Davis

Seriously, what angle was Judge Three watching the fight from? Was he/she scoring stylistic points?

PS – Congrats to Tyler on the win.

7. Marv says:

I was thinkin the same thing Donnie, look at the 3 ammy fights.
    30-27×2, 30-26. This one particular judge is very generous with 10-8 rounds too.

8. Azzurri says:

Why do you not bash Rama or the many other fighters for fighting so-called lesser quality/known opponents?

Fighters tend to face high calibre opponents when in the bigger shows, such as the UFC. Be patient

9. Irruzza? says:

Misha has looked terrible against good opponents and soso against soso opponents and ok against cans so if ‘Azzurri’ (Sam’s 8th fake name) thinks Misha could get a sniff from the UFC he’s dreaming. Overhyped jits guy with no striking and even less cardio.
    Anyone know why Sam wuz kicked out o extreme btw?

10. Irruzza? says:

And at KG all that guys wins are over “lesser skilled opponents”. His last loss was to one to.

11. Demitri (trev) says:

When your camp is arrogant and you fight guys with a much lesser skill set you are asking for it.

All these guys are incredibly arrogant.

12. Blackout says:

Verbal Tapout at 10 seconds? What happened there?

13. Obviously says:

Davis should fight Syd Barnier for either of their belts. good fight.

14. Five Star Fight Fan says:

I enjoy how opinionated these nerds are about the judging when they were not even at the fights. Apparently just by looking at the score sheets the can acquire an accurate assessment into the flawed judging. Ignorance is bliss, those guys must be smiling non stop.

I felt a 10-8 round was deserved in those fights. There was dominating rounds, and as for the main event which was easily the best fight I’ve ever seen! Every round was razor close and the ref that gave every round to Davis was non other than Kyle Cardinal, who I believe is more qualified to be a judge than most judges on the NSAC or most UFC’s. So before you make assumptions, research is always advised!

15. george says:

In the Davis-Wilson fight, every round was in fact razor close. Wilson won the standup in every round, Davis the ground. If a judge thought ground was more important than standup I can see them calling it 50-45 for Davis. If a judge thought standup was more important than ground I can see it being called 50-45 for Wilson. But a 50-45 score says more about what a judge thought was important in a fight than anything else – damage seemed to be about the same (Wilson’s on the feet, Davis’s on the ground), and I only saw one near finish (Wilson on an armbar which Davis showed real grit in holding off).

My own feeling (and I was there) was that it was 48-47 for one or the other (it really was a very close fight all the way through), and Davis getting the win is a very respectable decision. Congratulations to both of them for putting on a great show, and to Davis for pulling off a fine win.

16. Well…how about a rematch for the former champ if it could have went either way?

17. GNP says:

I’m a big fan of Eric Wilson , but he should be a 125er

18. george says:

From talking to him, that’s where’s he’s been planning on going for awhile now – his next fight will be at 125. BTW, he only had good things to say about Davis (both brothers) – classy folks in the lighter divisions.

19. Macintosh says:

Unfortunately, facts and logic are no match for stupidity and lack of intelligence throughout this forum

20. Tyler Davis says:

Cody I don’t think that match up interests Owen as he posted on my Facebook who he think I should fight shortly after you made that comment……and I also hope to be a dad one day, fighting Owen again is not conducive to that goal. But I would be down.

21. Jerobe says:

Anyone who wants kids better not fight Owen Carr. Your nuts will never be the same after a MMA fight with Owen Carr.

I have to give it up to Tyler Davis. He has stepped up his competition big time and beat 2 very very tough legit 135 lb fighters in Eric Wilson and Sean Quinn. These guys from Arashi Do Red Deer are legit.

22. Gspot says:

Lol Tyler Davis good kid :) still remember when you koed that fuckin showboater Keenan Feeny! Dudes jaw was busted between his two front teeth. Bad ass KO of the year

23. Marv says:

Yo fight fan, you coulda just laid the facts on me instead of bein a little bitch about it. Did I trash the judges?! No was just inquiring into why the judges would’ve had a difference in opinion. Just cuz they were all out of your heavy flow tampons you don’t have to take it out on me

24. Gspot says:

Marv, I’m sorry :( you sound like a bitchy teenager! Please before you post again get a voice…. Ahem “bitch”

25. Marv says:

Sorry I didn’t recal asking for the input of a bitch. With a name like gspot, you must get a lot of tail hahaha

26. PUCK says:

Ya the Davis KO of Feeny was brutal!

27. Tyler Davis says:

My shin still has a dent in it.

28. joey says:

I was thinking the same thing, Davis has fought in Grand Prairie before and has a bit of a fan base their.
    But 48-47, 47-48= close fight regardless possible split decision but obviously two judges seen atleast 2 rounds lost by Davis than
    Judge 3, 50-45???? I question this as wtf was he watching, clearly thats a bias

29. Mitchell Arrow says:

Ok currently I’m training out of Alliance jiu jitsu and looking to knock some people out