Canadian Rumour Mill – September 3, 2013
Let’s kick off this week by congratulating Sean Quinn and his wife on the arrival of their baby boy, Aeden! Hopefully he grows up with more of Hajar’s characteristics and less of that little gnome Sean’s.
- After being out of action for nearly two years, Chris Kelades is ready to get back in there! But now Chris will be looking to drop down in weight and compete at 125lbs.
- World Series of Fighting will not be coming to Canada in October, but don’t worry guys, they are still definitely coming to The Great White North!
- Denis Kang will be teaching full-time at Mixed Martial Arts & Fitness Academy in Ottawa. MMAFA is Canada’s only certified American Top Team school! Don’t worry fans, Denis will still be fighting as well!
- Canada’s Nordine Taleb plus MFCer Dhiego Lima and former Bellator champ Lyman Good all attended TUF 19 tryouts in Indianapolis! Typing Dhiego Lima’s name made me wonder, is that guy still with MFC as it’s been a year since we’ve since him compete in the MFC ring! Cough…, Nathan Coy… cough, cough.
- UFC fighters Martin Kampmann and Gray Maynard along with K-1 legend and President of the World Series of Fighting, Ray Sefo will be doing a seminar in accordance with the Kamikaze Punishment’s Grand Opening on September 21. Get your tickets HERE.
- King of the Cage Canada’s show on October 25th in Edmonton will have Josh Machan defend his Featherweight belt against Alex Halkias!
- The MFC has signed Alex Garcia… wait not the “Dominican Nightmare” but Alejandro “Alex” Garcia from the States. The American Alex Garcia is 14-5 and fights at featherweight. It looks like he’ll take on the returning Curtis Demarce!
- Want to see the UFC Lightweight champion and his belt up close and personal? Newly crowned UFC LW King Anthony “Showtime” Pettis will be a special guest at CFC 8 along with his coach and kickboxing legend Duke Roufus.
- Mukai Maromo is going to go back to competing in muay thai before January, but plans on returning to MMA in 2014
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: email@example.com.