Canadian Rumour Mill – August 6, 2013
Let’s start this week off on double congratulatory note!
Big congratulations to AFC partner Troy Lepage who got married in a lavish ceremony in Edmonton to his fiancé! The wedding was truly extravagant with a ring, screens, prizes and championship belt!
Also congratulations to Alexis Davis who got engaged to BJJ Black Belt boyfriend Flavio Meier! Bad news for “Big Win” Don Wilson as he’s lost his imaginary girlfriend and I am sure Flavio could take him with ease!
- I know I said that Tim Chemelli had a rematch with Dwayne Lewis in his AFC contract. However, I hear that Tim Chemelli could rematch Victor Valimaki at Xcessive Force Fighting Championship 3 in Grande Prairie for their Light-Heavyweight strap. Lots of options for Chemelli!
- XFFC 3 is changing dates, from September 21st show to December 14th!
- Sarah Kaufman is now is looking for a new opponent for her UFC debut with Sara McMann being forced to withdraw from UFC Fight Night 27.
- Tim “Shady” Smith is possibly defending his Unified 155lbs belt against Ryan Rother. Rother unofficially earned that shot when he finished off Neal Anderson in his last bout.
- Jared McComb will appear on MFC 38 in October.
- Team Nogueira member and former Revolution member Thiago Goncalves returned to action after nearly two years off and defeated Alexandre Barros by TKO in the 2nd round at Watch Out Combat Show 27 in Brazil this weekend.
- Shout out to Hayabusa Training Centre who recently moved to a brand new building across the lot of the previous facility. The new training centre is nearly double in size (5,000 sq/ft) and now has a weight room to go with the cage, mats, bags etc as well.
- MAS student Ashley Nichols won the World Professional Muay Thai Federation Super Flyweight title in Bangkok, Thailand last week with a decision win over Saifar Sor.Sparat during the prestigious Prince’s Cup tournament. You can read more about that HERE. Congrats to Ashley and coach Chris Kew.
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.