KOTC: A New Dawn – Medicine Hat – September 27

KOTC CanadaDate: September 27, 2013
Venue: Medicine Hat Arena in Medicine Hat, Alberta
Tickets: Buy Tickets

Pro Fights:
185lbs- Mike Goehr (0-0) vs. Justin Schmit (0-1)
155lbs- Dia Grant (7-10) vs. Terry Nichol (2-1)

170lbs- Elmer Waterhen (14-16) vs. Chris Mattock (3-1)
***Welterweight Title Fight

205lbs- Jordan Murray (6-10) vs. Anton Tokarchuk (0-0)
135lbs- Jesse Arnett (3-3) vs. Chad Anheliger (2-2)
150lbs- Devon Neville (2-3) vs. Connor Derry (0-1)
265lbs- Matthew Swimmer (0-1) vs. Kris Dyck (0-0)
185lbs- Zach Manywounds (0-0) vs. Cyril Glover (0-1)
170lbs- Lyle Clearsky (0-1) vs. Chris Lauzon (0-6-1)

Amateur Fights:
185lbs- Shawn Locke (4-1) vs. Matthew Palmer (0-0)
185lbs- Phil Grimshaw (0-0) vs. Josh Fried (0-1)
145lbs- John Nguyen (0-0) vs. Kyle Marleau (0-0)
125lbs- Josh Tse (0-2) vs. Ruben Lopez (0-0)

***All fights are unconfirmed and subject to commission approval

92 Responses to “ KOTC: A New Dawn – Medicine Hat – September 27 ”

1. Ken Kupsch says:

Ok, sorry but that fight won’t happen

2. Dave Mah says:

We’ve never been offered Jordan.

Elmer is probably the last person who would brag about being a Champion. He doesn’t even like wearing his belts to the ring. He’s probably the most humble and down to earth fighter that I know.

Also, the last thing anybody should ever say about Elmer is that he pads his record.

3. Trent Thorne says:

Yup Elmer’s a stand up gentleman! I’ve never heard anyone say a bad thing about the guy. He’s more than willing to help anyone, even if he doesn’t know them.

4. Acacia Bisson says:

hey!! my husband is looking for more fights!! :) hes only had one fight in Estevan sk, hes a heavy weight and won by tko in 19 seconds, he would love to keep having more fights, if anyone could get back to me that would be awesome!! thanks :)

5. Shane BTP Mountney says:

I’ve got a guy 0-0 looking to make his debut….as a 205er or heavyweight in the fall…

Added Dia Grant to take on Terry Nichol

7. Mister KO says:

Why would btp not try and get his fighter on the Ontario fight card, provincial fighting championship. It’s in October, which he’s asking for and in their province, so no need for transportation expenses.
    Is there something else going in here? Is his reputation as credible as it is on this forum(not a compliment)?

8. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Have spoke to the powers that be…and they all ready have more than enough fights…but hey you never know….;)

9. Neville says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 2 Thumb down 12

10. Blackout says:

Clearsky and Lauzon….. Interesting.

11. Donald Duck says:

The 6 confirmed fights combine for a stunning 9-19-1 record!

WAR!!!!

Donnie

12. AMLEHTC says:

The only thing interesting “blackout” about this fight is that they are slightly better than you at fighting Billy

13. Kris says:

Acacia , what weight is your man

14. Kris says:

I read these forms daily, a majority of these comments are by guys who don’t even have the parts to step in a cage. Now bobby, we both know you couldn’t spell MMA if you wanted to! But you’ll step in the cage with anyone, so for that I do have some respect for you! Whether a guy is 3-13 or 13-3 at least these men have the courage to get in there and bang! Looking forward to KOTC Med Hat.

15. hasslehoff says:

Police officers, firefighters, EMS(doctors, nurses etc.) are the people who deserve respect and admiration. Each and every day they work, they risk their lives or have us put our lives and well being in their hands.
    Moronic meatheads who can barely get off the couch, pretend to train and fight in a cage/ring to pay the bar tab are certainly not someone I would want anybody to look up to, especially the younger generation. These not professionals. I don’t respect these type of fighters…I feel sorry for them and I don’t want to pay money for events to see them get beat up or hurt

16. Oilcity30 says:

Courage are you freaking kidding me, at least they have courage????? Wow if you think it takes courage to walk into the ring without proper training without any mma background and make a complete mockery of yourself your definition of courage is far different than mine and most of society’s. Everyone has the right to try or pretend to be an mma fighter I guess. I get all cards can’t be filled with big names and great fights and everyone has to start somewhere. It’s just some people have no business fighting. I don’t no if its the commissions fault, the promotions fault or simply the man who thinks cause I had a few street fights and it would be pretty cool to be a fighters fault. People will always pay to see 2 people beat each others heads no matter what there skill sets are we’re humans its in out blood. I give props and respect to the fighters that give there heart and souls for this sport those guys got COURAGE !!!!

17. Marv says:

Oil city- what are you talking about?! It takes a lot of courage to walk to the cage and tap from strikes for 5 of your 13 losses!! Doesn’t it? Hahaha

Added Chris Mattock to challenge Elmer Waterhen for Welterweight Title

19. Brad "Scorpion" Robinson says:

I’m looking for a fight at 185.

20. Blackout says:

Hey, all I can do is live and learn, right? I’m doing things to better myself right now, I can only get better from here. I don’t know who you are, AMLEHTC, but you have no grounds when it comes to judging me. Nobody does. I do what I can and I’m still learning. Pity I have people who dislike me, maybe I can change that in the future.

21. I.love.rousey says:

I hope elmer delivers another 5 second head kick ko!

22. War Gi says:

Gonna be awesome see Mattock bring Gracie Barra another belt! 1st round triangle! You heard it here first!

23. Bdc says:

A triangle on Elmer doubt it unless Mattock pulls guard I can’t see Elmer putting anyone on their back. I also think the ju jt level is about the same in no gi. It will be a great fight for both guys.

24. Bdc says:

But I’ve gotta go Elmer by tko rd 2.

25. Blackout says:

Elmer will always deliver. The guy is pure class.

26. B2J says:

Chris Mattock wins via 2nd round guillotine.

27. War Gi says:

Mattock has top notch jits I really dont see the no gi equal at all.

Added full fight card

29. Stampede says:

If anything happens to kris dycks apponent I would be more then happy to make him my first fight..

Jordan Murray replaces William Hatch against Anton Tokarchuk

31. Ryan D says:

Where is the results??

Here’s all I could find through Facebook… I was unable to get in touch with the promoter and will try to get the official results from him or the commission in the morning! Consider these results VERY unofficial!

-Chris Mattock defeats Elmer Waterhen by Armbar in Round 1 (Controversial stoppage? rematch in Nov.)
    -Dia Grant defeats Terry Nichol by RNC in Round 2
    -Justin Schmit defeats Mike Goehr by TKO in Round 2
    -Anton Tokarchuk defeats Jordan Murray
    -Zach Manywounds defeats Cyril Glover
    -Tyler O’Brien defeats Chris Lauzon by RNC
    -John Nguyen defeats Kyle Marleau

33. Aaron Morton says:

Good job Slim!

34. AMLEHTC says:

Can someone explain what was controversial about the main event?

35. B2J says:

I’m also curious why the Chris mattck submission was controversial.

That’s just what Elmer posted on FB…

“Lost my fight do to bad call frm ref bt rematch in November bt thank you Lord for this wonderful night to glorify your name God bless you all for your support in this fight.”

37. Bdc says:

Anyone who was there think it was early?

38. War Gi says:

Bad stoppage? I was told from multiple people he tapped.

39. bob says:

It was a very bad call I was at ring side, o and the heavy weight I was training won his fight also swimmer.

40. Top Dogg says:

How can you dispute tapping out, other than being a sore loser. Reminds me of when Matt Lindland tapped to Murillo Bustamante, whined that he didn’t, somehow got to continue and ended up tapping again to Bustamante.
    Many have spoken how much waterhen is a stand up guy, but to deny tapping when it is clear he did, shows what kind of character he really has

41. Bdc says: