Fivestar Fight League 9 – Yellowknife – September 7

Fivestar THUMBDate: September 7, 2013
Venue: Yellowknife Arena in Yellowknife, NWT

Fight Card:
135lbs- Eric Wilson (6-3) vs. Tyler Davis (9-2)
***Bantamweight Title Fight

205lbs- Misha Cirkunov (5-2) vs. Jon Ganshorn (5-3)
155lbs- Andrew McInnes (2-1) vs. Danny Doig (2-1)
135lbs- Tang Thongpheng (2-3) vs. Phil Deschambeault (4-6)

Amateur MMA
185lbs- Paul Tuccaro (0-1) vs. James Williams (1-1)
170lbs- Chris Cardinal (0-1) vs. Todd Vatcher (1-1)
155lbs- Joe Alisauskas (2-0) vs. Marc Baudin (0-0)
185lbs- Alec Paul (0-0) vs. Devon Tordoff (0-0)
180lbs- William Quintal (2-0) vs. Stuart Fontaine (2-1)
155lbs- Rylee McKay (2-2) vs. Nick Hrabec (0-1)

85 Responses to “ Fivestar Fight League 9 – Yellowknife – September 7 ”

1. MMA Fan says:

Always doubters of Hudson.
    Well the proof is in the video.
    Its not Fortin gasing,it’s Fortin not being able to breathe from the crushed ribs.

I don’t know about you guys but I would rather be ko’ed or submitted instead of being beat down like that and being dropped by a body shot and having the my will sucked out of me and being forced to tap!

Oh and Marv you guys wouldn’t afford Hudson the excuse of getting gased. So why give it to Fortin.

A lot of heavyweights can’t fight 3 RDS let alone 4.

Hudson came prepared with a solid fight strategy and was in shape to go five against a much bigger man and won. There was no luck involved he listened to his coach and put on a striking performance that kept Fortin guessing and getting caught.

He chopped down the tree so to speak.
    And what a classy respectful guy.
    Going and sitting with Fortin after.
    After seeing this fight I’m even more of a Fan of this guy!

2. MMA Fan says:

Oh and AMLEHTC, maybe you should asked Fortin if those kicks hurt or better yet take one yourself!

I mean Fortin at the young age of 27 retired after this fight!

3. give your head a shake! says:

Hudson looked very good in this fight!

4. Hudson came in with a great strategy and better cardio and got a great, upset win over Fortin.

5. Ryan D says:

I really don’t think Fortin gassed I think he got the wind beat out of him. Nice fight Craig can’t wait to see your next challenge.

6. MMA Fan says:

Awesome you posted his pro debut.
    And a fight he took with Tim Hauge on 6 days notice.

But I see you didn’t post his 2 1st rd ko’s in the Score Fighting Series.

Looks like he’s has learned and improved from fights he had over a year ago.

Still a fan!

7. Marv says:

Oh my god you Hudson fanboys are so fuckin sensitive….or stupid I dunno which one. So let me set the record straight I LIKE CRAIG HUDSON, HE’S A GREAT FIGHTER. I was curious if it woulda went down the same way if fortins cardio was even close to Hudson’s.
    PS: you guys gotta stop being such bitches if someone doesn’t like your fighter, don’t get all defensive and whiny about it, it’s sports, everyone has their favs and everyone has their hate list for whatever sport you’re watching. Keep that in mind next time someone says something ill-willed about him and don’t act like a bunch of females

8. Marv says:

@ MMAfan–Why would he take a fight with the country’s top heavyweight on 6 days notice?!

9. BOOBOO says:

10. Marv says:

You think that’s his goal? To be not bad?

11. Wardog can train for 6 days, 6 weeks or 6 more years, he will NEVER be a top heavyweight fighter in boxing or mma, contrary to all the bs, excuses, delusions shown by the lack of knowledge by his one and only fanboy…bragging about winning worked fights against winless punching bags is so sad.
    Hudson is never going to fight in five star again. This so-called fight with Peck is not happening. Does anybody think an organization want this over the hill tomato can as their “champion”…or as his fanboy call it, the world Canadian provincial municipal champion. Quite the honour

12. Shane BTP Mountney says:

OK boys OK..easy now…everyone is entitled to there opinion…
    Craig is 39 yrs old.. Did he get into the sport a little late…sure…but he’s doing fine…and your right will he ever be atop Heat in the world…maybe …maybe not…but that’s not why he’s doing this…he’s loves the sport…he’s loves to fight…and as long as theres fights out there for him…hell will continue to fight…
    And for your info…we have already talked to Fivestar last week about Craig’s fight against Peck…and from my understanding …its a guys whether you guys are saying positive stuff or negative stuff about the WarDog…

You’re still talking about him..;)…cheers!

13. Paul Hudson says:

Fuel for the fire!

14. PUCK says:

And hey if Hudson finishes his 5 star run at 5-3 then some of those match ups start to make sense to me? 39 too eh? Looked in great shape his last fight.

Added Phil Deschambeault to take on Tang Thongpheng

16. Fight Fan says:

Have to say I have just earned so much respect for Tyler Davis as he just found out his mom has cancer I saw on Facebook through Tim Hauge status. Than found out more and for Tyler to stick it out and not drop out of this fight through this is one of the most inspiring things I’ve seen in a long time. He is a true warrior & I am now a life fan win or lose Tyler Davis deserves the utmost respect for this. Best wishes go out to both Tyler & Mike my prayers are with you am you’re family. I’m pulling for both of you in you’re fights.

17. Marv says:

Yep it’s going to be an emotional and inspired Tyler Davis in that cage. I’ve been through the same thing with my mom and it’s not fun, mad respect for Sticking in that fight

18. Mitchell Arrow says:

Hi, i was just interested in where i can sign up for a match here in Yellowknife. I have some Tae-Kwon-Do and Kung-fu experience.

19. @ MItchell Arrow, maybe try signing up at a legimate mma school first, cause your Take- My- Do and Kung-Fu Panda experience are no good here!!

20. Mitchell Arrow says:

…no youre right, i need to switch schools, u see im ol’school, and new to this “legit” fighting game, but im from the streets of Winnipeg, and thank you for your guidance.

oh you’re from the STREETS! Well, why didn’t you say so! Please, by all means, get in the cage as soon as possible and show us your deadly street skills. You can traneufc later….

22. Mitchell Arrow says:

Actually were bred in cages and penitentiaries, all our lives since we were children, an entire generation waiting to turn our lives around and fight in your cute lil fight club…

23. AMLEHTC says:

You’re a tool

24. Mitchell Arrow says:

…so ive come to the right place then?

25. Supersonic says:

Ouch, burn on you amlehtc

26. mahon says:

Oh god another bodwell is just what this sport need guys from the street that want to step in the cage with no mma experience are a joke. I figure if they want to fight so bad they should just stick there heads up each others ass and fight for air

27. AMLEHTC says:

Hardly. Mitchell Arrow, join a legitimate gym and get their coach to get you fights

28. mahon says:

Arrow didnt you say on another thread that you trained out of alliance bjj. I thought that was b.s

29. @Mitchell Arrow, If your from the streets of Winnipeg and you wanna fight mma, you should cash in all your Arrow plan miles, hop on the next Arrowplane and get in contact with veteran fighter now turned trainer notably known as Coach Bob, he will guide you straight as an Arrow in the right direction! No worries he wont shaft you or string you out to dry.

30. Mitchell Arrow says:

I’ve been at Alliance for over a year now…and the other thread i mentioned im in the tae-kwon-do class being taught out of there…now i took ‘poppa groove dudes’ advice on his reply and called the Alliance Jiu jitsu instructor today…of which i thanked the ‘groove’ dude for his guidance, and hope its a good lead.i begin jiu jitsu tuesday.

31. Mitchell Arrow says:

ANd I apologize for interrupting any conversation, i just jumped into the first one i saw…it looks like a heavyweight fight clip, im only 220 lbs, just a small guy.

32. Mitchell Arrow says:

Thank You.

33. @Mitchell Arrow,Looks like now you have set your sights in the right direction, in this game you dont wanna be hit n miss if your eventual goal, or should I say bullseye is to compete in mma.