Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – June 24, 2013
Crazy times in Calgary. Hope all our Cowtown readers are doing well and have stayed relatively dry. By the way, the AFC is offering a 10% discount on tickets to future AFC events in exchange for donations of non-perishables, water, cleaning supplies, garbage bags, and other useful items. Drop off your items at the Hype Fight store or the Champions Creed gym. All items collected will be given to the Salvation Army to ease the burden to those affected.
- Roger Hollett has been cut by the UFC.
- They never met when both were competing as top fighters in Japan but will finally square off this year. Ivan Menjivar will take on Kid Yamamoto at UFC 165 in Toronto this year.
- Congrats to Mitch Clarke on resigning with the UFC with a four fight deal.
- Sounds like Fight Xchange 2 will happen and the Canadian fighters will be heading to Asia. While in Canada, the six fighters will be working out at Adrenaline Training Centre in London, Ontario.
- Elmer Waterhen will fight his next MMA fight on September 27th.
- Looks like MMA managers are just like MMA fighters, they can’t stay away from the fight game. “Big” Jake Hirsch is back managing fighters. Welcome back, Jake!
- Todd Stoute is fighting Patrick Walsh next weekend at Substance Caged Combat on June 29.
- Alex Ricci will face Providence, Rhode Island’s Luis Felix on the SCC card as well.
- Fivestar will host an event Nov. 8 and another March 14, 2014 in Grande Prairie.
- Add Kajan Johnson’s name to the list of fighters trying out for TUF.
- Smealinho Rama’s boxing debut was called off due to the flooding in Calgary forcing a cancellation of the event.