AFC 18 Results – Powell wins Main Event!

Aggression Fighting Championship 18 goes down tonight from the Bear Mountain Arena in Victoria, BC. The event will featured a Welterweight #1 contender bout between Michael Hill and Joel Powell.  The winner of the bout will challenge Ryan Ford at Aggression FC 19 in Edmonton this summer. In the co-main event, UFC Veteran Kalib Starnes takes on rising Middleweight prospect  David Perron. You can get a live stream of tonight’s fights HERE or keep it locked right here for live quick results.

Here are the live AFC 18 results:

Pro Fights:

Joel Powell defeats Michael Hill by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Kalib Starnes defeats David Perron by TKO in Round 2, 4:05
Tristan Connelly submits Jonathon Dubois by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 2:48
Miles Anstead submits Ash Mashreghi by Guillotine Choke in Round 2, 0:40
Dillon Brown submits Taylor Parker by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 2:02

Amateur Fights:

Alexi Argyriou defeats Thomas Proppe by TKO in Round 1, 1:45
Guy Gauthier submits Shane Jung by Guillotine Choke in Round 2, 1:20
Ty Daggis defeats JR Cuevas by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Marcos da Silva defeats Jason Driese by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

______________________________________________

25 Responses to “ AFC 18 Results – Powell wins Main Event! ”

1. Jamie Locke says:

Looks like we’re about to get started here.

2. james says:

Is this working for anyone? it wont let me buy this event

3. GFL site says this:

The Streaming Equipment is working but cant get the Camera Feed working. We will continue to work on it. Thanks for your patience. No more purchases until we get this resolved

4. 604fan says:

After seeing that fight live Ford is gonna take the AFC title in July! Just hoping I can fly out!!

I have no clue how 1 judge gave the fight to Hill. Powell absolutely controlled nearly every minute of the first 2 rounds and third was close.
    I had it 29-28 Powell. No chance Hill won 2 rds?

Anyone know who the judge was? That was ludicrous.

Glad Powell didn’t get screwed by 2 judges though! Congrats to Joel Powell!

6. Joe Doerksen says:

I think Powell is better than most people realize. Interested to see how he matches up with Ford. I see that being a really entertaining fight.

7. Mike Russell says:

Agree 100%, Joe. He didn’t mention it since he didn’t want Hill to attack the area, but Joel also had an injury heading into this fight. Not serious enough for him to pull out and it was 85% come fight time, but it affected his training and cardio for sure.

8. Adam Lorenz says:

Congrats to Joel, he is on a tear!
    I hope he gets all healed up quickly.

9. james says:

Yeah i agree powell won the first 2 rounds with his wrestling, It seem ppl have a hard time finishing hill when they top positions for rounds at a time,kid doesnt give up ill give him that. It got really exciting when they started standing and trading there in the third round. Good luck to Mr Powell in his next fight! and i hope AFC matches hill up with another strike first fighter in his next fight!

10. Jamie Locke says:

I’m with BKB, not sure how you score 2 rounds for Hill.

Also with 604, neither Hill nor Powell will give Ford too much trouble. Powell did a great job of executing his his game plan and controlling to win rounds 1&2. Hill needed to finish to win and he just couldn’t keep the gas flowing after carrying Joel around for 10 minutes.

Good fight though, loved the last 40 seconds of round 2!

11. any one hear about the internet squabble over Ari Boldens new oma-kimurta doublethrust take down??

is it effective or even legal?

i need to watch some more reality tv and get some more tattoos before i can take on the AFC heavyweights/super heavyweights……

Sposh Spong is my sensei and he makes me bow at odd occassions in public….

he has a mean knee lock and great ground stragedy and im proud hes my coach and a “proffessional fighter

12. Ari is a BJJ god. Stop wasting our time on a legit forum making fun of Spong!!!

Great fights

Go tristan!!!

13. James says:

great fights!!!

i liked the leglock in the last one!!

14. BigDaddyKane says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 1 Thumb down 17

15. Darren Owen says:

I know most people would say don’t even justify him with a response but he needs to be exposed as a liar.
    To promote an event in Manitoba you need to pay a $4000 bond to the commission, which they hold until after the event to ensure all fighters are paid and anything else connected to the event. Such as Police costs and Commission fees. Commission fee’s must be paid up front a week before the event ($4,950) if it’s not paid the event will not be sanction and the show will be cancelled. So to have outstanding commission fees would be impossible. The police are connected with the province of Manitoba therefore if there were outstanding fees the bond would be used to cover those fee’s. I received my full bond ($4,000) check this past Friday. If you would like to waste Joel Fingard’s time to call and ask him to clarify the commission office number is 204-945-1788. Also I’d be happy to send Keith Grienke proof of our full bond repayment.

You’re making yourself look pathetic and you’re slandering. You keep doing your thing and we’ll keep doing ours. Best of luck with your next event.

16. James says:

guys like trollwarBigDaddyKane/ the commissions and police and “saftey boards” just want their “cut” of the action….

because of them the people that suffer the most are the fighters(which get paid very little if anything in canada other than endorsements) and the fans etc…

the sad thing is that in least in boxing their was decent payouts for boxers at the top level

now you get more “shows” and more reality tv stars

i need to get a tattoo and finance a motor bike!

17. The Manitoba commission would not return a full bond to a promoter, unless all fees were paid off.

I was sure that the police bond was paid before the last show, but not 100% sure.

The commission ensures all the vendors, and more importantly the fighters are all paid in full.

These are baseless accusations that are not needed.

I’m assuming by the bond being returned, there are no plans for AFC to come back to Manitoba this fall :(

18. Atom Tom says:

Powell will be a much tougher fight against Ford then most are thinking. I think Powell can dominate the wrestling and ground/pound, making it a difficult fight for Ford, IMO

Powell is big, strong, skilled, mentally rock solid, and on a roll.

Its really great to see.

The guy has been around training hard and pushing hard for a long time now.

You like seeing guys like Powell do well.

Awesome.

20. fighterfan101 says:

Atom Tom, I really don’t see how that will happen? Powell dominate Ford I really doubt that. After seeing Fords last 3 fights and seeing Powells last couple There is a big diff between the both and if you cant see that you must be watching the wrong guys.

IMO Ford will stop Powell in the 2nd or 3rd round. Ford has the gas to go hard every round while Powell seems to fade after the 2nd.

21. PUCK says:

I hate to say it too as I think Powell is great but he won’t be able to man handle Ford like he did hill, I think Ford will force him to bang as his wrestling is good. I see him stopping Powell in the 3rd by TKO or G and P , but, really shouldn’t Ford be in the UFC anyway? He’s tough as hell and fun to watch! But I hope Powell can prove me wrong. Thoughts?

22. t.r.o.n says:

i heard from a lil Bellator birdy today that Ford is looking to get out of his contract with Bellator due to “money Issues” … Its too bad really, Ryan has all the parts needed to make a succesful run in the UFC but with his past always lingering i don’t see him ever making the leap. A shame really, he’s likely to remain a big fish in a small pond. With that being said i think Ryan can and will make a very good living fighting locally.

23. Jamie Locke says:

I agree PUCK, I think Ford will beat Powell, either TKO GNP or Decision.

I think we’ll see Ryan in the UFC at some point. He has more and more supporters and believers in higher and higher places.

In the meantime, he can make some good money and have some good fights in AFC. Its a great place for him. Perfect fit.