Canadian Rumour Mill – May 13, 2013

photo: Rob Trudeau

photo: Rob Trudeau

Well, we ALMOST had “Ragin” Kajan Johnson back to action. Kajan, who’s been out of action since MFC 31 in October of 2011, had accepted to fight UFC vet Jason Dent on June 1st. But Dent seemingly was not as eager to take on Johnson and seemingly decided to go a different route. Where does that leave us? With one of Canada’s best Lightweight talents sitting on the shelf waiting for a fight, sigh!

• Speaking of long layoffs, how about nearly three years! Good news, wait no longer as Ryan “The Lion” Diaz is finally back in action as he takes on Yusup Saadulaev at One FC 9 on May 31st in the Philippines!
  • Former boxing world champion Ricardo Mayorga’s win over Canadian Wesley Tiffer has been taken away.  The Nicaraguan MMA commission has overturned the decision to a No Contest and suspended Mayorga.
  • Anna Barone will compete in Florida for Championship Fighting Alliance on May 24th taking on Ashlee Evans-Smith (1-0).
  • Canada’s MMA Amazing Race’s is moving on from Ontario and its next stop is Vancouver, British Columbia. This untapped MMA hotbed is about to become open for professional MMA business by the end of May once the provincial commission starts up. Top MMA News has heard that both AFC and the MFC are looking into putting on summer shows in Vancouver and we imagine that Battlefield Fight League’s Jay Golshani must be knocking on the commission’s door as well. Who will be first?

• The inaugural Challenge MMA event was a success, so promoter Gary Chartrand will be holding Challenge MMA 2 on August 17 ​​at the Centre Pierre Charbonneau in Montreal. Look for Olivier Aubin-Mercier, who had Theo Toney pull out late from their Challenge MMA 1 fight, and Aiemann Zahabi to be on the card.
  • When Metallica comes to town Nothing Else Matters and that is why Xcessive Force Fighting Championship (XFFC) will push their second show up a week to July 20 as to not compete with the legendary band.
  • Sheldon Westcott’s next fight will most likely be at Middleweight and probably for Aggression. Two weight cuts in two months is enough so Westcott will give his body a break and fight at 185. Having seen Sheldon Westcott in action, I’m sure he’ll still be in sexy shape for his 185lbs bout.
  • Jon Henderson knocked out his opponent, Gustavo Rodriguez, in the 2nd round at Road 2 Glory USA this past weekend.

__________________
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: gossipqueen@topmmanews.com.

115 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – May 13, 2013 ”

1. Donald Duck says:

Thoughts, by Donald P. Duck.

1. This may mark the first time the word ‘whomever’ has been correctly used in an MMA forum.

2. Hague was a fat mess in the Wardog fight but he did KO Craig in the first round.

3. Sean Quinn is adorable.

Donnie

PS – The P stands for Pendergast.

2. Shane BTP Mountney says:

OK guys…enough Hague bashing…the rematch be tween Craig and Tim will happen if Tim wins his next 2 fights and then wins in Aug. In Five star against opponent…. And Craig defeats Peck in October…also Tim and I had discussed it …so if it all goes the way we plan and Tim plans that rematch could be in winter or early spring…depending on Fivestar…So get of Tims back…at least he made it to the UFC… Most if not all of the fighters that come on here have not!

3. BOOBOO says:

TIM LOOKED LIKE A FAT MESS IN THE UFC TOO , EVEN MY BLIND ASS COULD SEE THAT . DERKSON AND ALLESIO BOTH COMMENT ON HERE ALOT AND THERE WILL BE MORE FUTURE FIGHTERS GOING TO THE UFC OR BELONG IN THE UFC THAT POST ON HERE – THE FUCKING BODY SNATCHER FOR 1 –

I CAN REMEMBER A MONTH OR TWO BEFORE WARDOG BEAT FORTIN THAT TIM WOULDNT FIGHT CRAIG BECAUSE HIS NAME OR RECORD WAS NT IN THE BEST INTEREST FOR HAGUE WTF HAPPENED THERE!!!

4. Oilcity30 says:

Oops ment to thumb you down BTP!!!! I do some Tim Bashing on here but just cause Wardog has a belt don’t let it get to your head. If Tim gets 3 more wins if I was him would go for a bigger name the Craig he already knocked Craig out. What does that fight do for him 3 more wins from now??? Wish I could give you 10 Thumbs down for that.

5. Oilcity30 says:

I like the Wardog but fuck BTP. Wardog a nuts must be hurting cause all you do is hang of the f@@kin things!

6. Shane BTP Mountney says:

If Tim wins all 3 and then decides to go to bigger fish fine…nothing gone to my head …I just want the bashing of the fighters to stop…not that will…that was all…you guys can bash me all you want doesn’t bother me at all…enjoy the rest of your day gentlemen

7. Shane BTP Mountney says:

And that why I said most fighters BOO BOO

8. BOOBOO says:

@BTP – EVEN THOUGH I DISAGREE WITH YOU SOMETIMES – I AM STILL YOUR BIGGEST FAN !!

FIGHTERS BASH AND GET BASHED AND WE AS FANS DO SOMETIMES HAVE THE RIGHT TO BASH BECAUSE WE REALLY GET BASHED ON HERE !! ITS A DOG EAT DOG WORLD AND YOU GIVE SOME AND GET SOME SO IF NOONE WANTS TO GET BASHED THEN DONT POST SHIT THEY CANT HANDLE FIGHTER OR NOT WHO GIVES A FUCK , WE ALL GET BASHED ON HERE AND KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE AND THATS THE INSANITY OF BEING A PROUD MEMBER OF TOPMMANEWS !!

9. Oilcity30 says:

Nobody says it better than you BOO BOO!!!

10. Idolmaker says:

I agree booboo!!! Fuckin sick of having my posts removed. Get bashed my share, and keep coming back. I’m done on here!!!

11. BOOBOO says:

LOVE THIS SHIT – IF I CAN GET A FUCKING NICKEL FOR EVERYTIME I HAVE HEARD THAT LINE ON THIS SITE ( IM DONE ON HERE ) WITH MYSELF INCLUDED AND KEEP COMING BACK AFTER THE FACT , MY BANK ACCOUNT WOULD BE ENDLESS . WHICH TO ME MEANS WE ALL LOVE THIS SITE , DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT BEING BASHED AND CANT WAIT TO SEE WHATS NEXT ON CANADAS BEST SITE FOR MMA . COMES WITH THE TERRITORY !

12. Idolmaker says:

Stfu Burberry asshole

13. BOOBOO says:

@ IDOL – IM A BLUREBERRY ASSHOLE GET THAT SHIT STRAIT !!!

14. MMA News says:

Anyone else out in the MMA world just really fed up with the way some MMA guys put on the gangster image as its not good for the actual sport is it???

15. Idolmaker says:

@booboo there was a post by one of those spammers on here. His name was Burberry handbag or something. Not meant for you. You’re my boy blue!!!