Tim Hague Returns to Face Kalib Starnes at AFC 19 July 5th in Edmonton

AFC Undisputed.pdfFor Immediate Release:

The Aggression Fighting Championships has added more star power to an already stacked card that will showcase Edmonton’s prodigal son Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford fighting the winner of TUF season 16 semi-finalist Michael Hill versus top 10 Welterweight Joel Powell in a bout taking place May 19 in Victoria at AFC 18. As well a second title fight with arguably the two best Lightweight strikers in the country with Shane “Shaolin” Campbell defending his title against Jesse “The Body Snatcher” Ronson in what has the early makings to be a fight of the year candidate.

The Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton Alberta will now play host to a very intriguing matchup where Edmonton’s own and 5x UFC vet Tim “The Thrashing Machine” Hague will make his return to the Aggression cage where he’s a perfect 3-0. Hague will stare across the cage at another 5x UFC veteran in Kalib Starnes. In his last AFC fight we saw Starnes headline AFC 11 in Winnipeg versus Joe Doerksen in a fight of the night performance. Starnes will come into this fight weighing 225-230lbs and will be relying on his speed out match Hague’s power.

When Hague was asked about his return he had this to say, “I have a high amount of respect for the AFC and its owners. I am very happy to be back and build on my perfect 3-0 record in AFC.

In my fight with Kalib fans can expect me to knock him out. Fighting is my livelihood, and the way I see it, Kalib is trying to take food off of my sons plate. So for now, I respect Kalib as a man and fighter, but until we are done doing business in the cage, I don’t {explitive}ing like him. So he’s going to get knocked out.”

Rounding out the main card will be a heavily anticipated bout with the return of Dwayne “D-Bomb” Lewis rolling into town with his Lewis Army to take on UFC veteran Victor Valimaki. In addition Stephen “Big Bad” Beaumont looks to take a step closer to recapturing AFC Lightweight gold when he looks to take out a top prospect in Brandt Dewsbery.

This event is shaping up to be Edmonton’s biggest fight card to date. Tickets are available online through TNTtickets.ca or by calling 780-426-SOLD

AFC 19 Fight Card:
170lbs- Ryan Ford (20-4) vs. Winner of Mike Hill (5-0) vs. Joel Powell (6-3)
***Welterweight Title Fight

155lbs- Shane Campbell (8-1) vs. Jesse Ronson (12-2)
***Lightweight Title Fight

205lbs- Victor Valimaki (17-8) vs. Dwayne Lewis (12-8)
155lbs- Stephen Beaumont (7-1) vs. Brandt Dewsbery (10-2)
265lbs- Tim Hague (14-7) vs. Kalib Starnes (12-8)
185lbs- Zach Blaber (7-2) vs. TBA
170lbs- Sheldon Westcott (8-1-1) vs. TBA
185lbs- KB Bhullar (3-0) vs. TBA
200lbs- Denny Houle (4-0) vs. Teddy Ash (1-0)
170lbs- Steve Dubeck (4-4) vs. TBA
135lbs- Ben Jansen (2-0) vs. TBA
170lbs- Aaron Bosiak (0-0) vs. TBA

*Fight card subject to change

85 Responses to “ Tim Hague Returns to Face Kalib Starnes at AFC 19 July 5th in Edmonton ”

1. Demitri (trev) says:

Ahh….screw it. I’m excited!

2. Donald Duck says:

Seriously? Hague versus a welter weight?

Fuck me, Pride Never Die still lives. Will we see Ryan Ford versus a Comedian soon?

Wait, never mind.

I’ve had a couple of beers so I may not censor myself very well but…

REALLY?!? IS THIS THE BEST YOU COULD DO?!?

Donald

3. Joe Doerksen says:

Damn. Hague vs Starnes is an unexpected twist. And interesting, too.

4. lol says:

lol pretty sure Starnes thinks hague is a jk why else would he move up to h.w

5. Sean Jamerson says:

Omfg…

6. Aaron Robinson says:

This man never ceases to amaze me. Goes from calling out guys like Frank Mir to fighting a welterweight. A step above Vince Lucero indeed but a joke none the less.

7. Joe Doerksen says:

I’d imagine Starnes is looking to stay active and compete against names. I see it as an interesting fight. Starnes will be more mobile, Hague having the power advantage. Fight could go either way.

Let’s not forget the last former Middleweight Tim fought!

9. Joe Doerksen says:

And Starnes has never fought at welterweight, from what I can remember.

10. Juan Juones says:

Tim Hague vs Kalib Starnes will deliver
    Brandt at 155, sheesh. he’s like 6’3. Canada’s Corey Hill

11. Big Win says:

WTF!!!

12. Darren Owen says:

Maybe you should watch Starnes vs Doerksen and see if you still think this is a joke. Starnes is 6’3″ and has put on muscle. He’ll come into that fight around 225 or 230, he’s got a BJJ black belt and has fought the best 185ers in the world and has beaten some of them to. Everyone thought Hackert vs Hague was a joke too.

13. Aaron Robinson says:

Sorry I just don’t see how a win here does anything for Tim’s career and his comeback. If you want to fight undersized guys and overweight old men on the local circuit than do it but don’t squawk off about making it to the UFC.

14. Aaron Robinson says:

You can talk about being 6’3″ all you want but it comes down to bone structure, Tim is a BIG dude with the bone structure of a heavyweight he will walk around at 265+ and he is still very athletic. There is a lot of 6’3″ HW’s but the is also 6’3″ middleweights and there is a reason for that.

15. Darren Owen says:

I was strictly speaking about the fight itself. Nothing about what it would do for either of their careers. I think it’s a very intriguing matchup that the fans will enjoy watching.

16. Aaron Robinson says:

Intriguing matchup it is you are correct there Darren.

17. I don’t mind the fight at all and I really like this card a lot.

After seeing Hackert beat Hague twice and Anthony Johnson topping Arlovski, who’s to say this is a bad matchup?

18. LOL says:

Still don’t understand wh Hague said no to a rematch Hudson.but atleast he’s getting back in the cage.

19. LOL says:

Whether it’s an intriging fight or not, you guys are all talking about it,including me, so it will sell tickets,touche AFC!

20. LOL says:

So Kalib is fightingin May at 185 and then 6 weeks later fighting Heavyweight, interesting.

21. Showtying says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 8 Thumb down 23

22. Darren Owen says:

@LOL it’s no brother vs brother but it seems to be getting a lot of hype.

23. Bdc says:

Dont see how without some serious vitamins he could go from 185(maybe 200 b4 cut) to 230 in 6 weeks. Unless its 6 big macs a day and bed training.

24. christ franck says:

i would like to fight steve dubeck im 4-3
    make it happens

25. TimHague says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 12 Thumb down 29

26. anonymous says:

Tim Hagues vs Kalib Starnes, getting the chills already. Good luck to both fighters!

27. Idolmaker says:

Fight the war dog again. On a full camp.

I like this fight A LOT.

Super cool fight. Creative, competitive, and very very intriguing.

Yeah. Great job Darren. Very cool one.

29. LOL says:

Yeah Tim Fight Hudson again and this time guve him a chance at a full camp, and lets see what happens.

I know he’s gonna put Fortin in the hospital! Are you next?

30. LOL says:

“Give”

31. Sean Jamerson says:

Tim you MUST care who you fight….

32. tron says:

wow, its weird cause ive got to know Tim (somewhat) over the course of a few years. He has always been a stand up guy but lately he seems to have gone completely bat shit crazy! Its too bad, but lets be honest hanging out with guys like Olmstead cant be good for ya… like having a bunch of fucking douche bags around ya telling ya how cool you are and offering to suck your balls cant be any good for one’s self image! Tim go back to the place you were when you first came up and try to find that reason you started fighting again! One more thing, if your only fighting for food for your kid (s) go get a real job and man up, you have a bachelor of education degree!

33. Great matchup. I like this fight.

I’d give the slight edge to Starnes.

Very intriguing

34. BigDaddyKane says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 6 Thumb down 19

35. AMLEHTC says:

Better than your show Mark, with your stupid ass brother vs brother fight

36. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Explain the “cast offs” bit? Very disrespectful to the other fighters on the card.

37. james says:

hey we watched tim get his ass kick by 185lbs before so why not again. we know he can’t hang with the big boys so why not acept an over weight middle weight figther. the reason he dont get a real job because hes to busy thinking what he could have been. he’s to stuck up for his own good. he liked to keep his perfect record in the afc lol because hes trying to forget what happen outside the afc. atleast this is more competitive than his last heavy weight fight in the afc.

38. TimHague says:

I sure get hate in a lot for how nice I am to every an anyone I’ve ever met. If Wardog beats Fortin Im coming for him as well, yes because he will have the FiveStar belt, and I’ve already been offered that fight. My AFC contract is exclusive in Edminton and theyve granted me permission to fight on the KOTC card on June 7th.

Watch me win or watch me lose, I chose to make my living this way because when im training and fighting I am my most happy. I dont care what some faceless loser has to say about it on the internet. Im happy, and thankful for the opportunity to fight. Im thankful to the haters as well. They buy tickets to watch me lose, and the more tickets I sell the more money will be donated to the stollery childrens hospital. So thank you very much to everyone who comes and cheers for me to lose. I appreciate you all.

39. TimHague says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 14 Thumb down 27

40. K.Rasmuss says:

Heavy weight fights with skilled fighters are Gold !!!

41. Idolmaker says:

So this must be a bronze then.

42. TimHague says:

Id say its gold Idolmaker, youre talking about it now arent you?

43. MMA Princess says:

Tim Has always been a class act and loyal to us fans in the stands we do appreciate your decision to keep fighting and win lose or draw you never show disrespect to your opponent or the haters either

keep up the good work

44. AMLEHTC says:

Didn’t you also say you would bea Frank Mir and Jeff Monson? So your say doesn’t have a tremendous amount of swing behind it

45. AMLEHTC says:

Also MMA Princess, did you see the heinous stuff he was saying to Jeff Monson for really no reason

46. MMA Princess says:

Trash talk is not my idea of good sportsmanship and I don’t approve of it but I understand some things are said to create a marketable atmosphere or hype the fight as it were

Tim I know is also humane and has had his faults

I have met him at a number of shows and he is a stand up person outside the cage

I appreciate all fighters whom take the time to train and compete and also appreciate a guy who has the ability to communicate with his fans and donate funds to charity

47. Idolmaker says:

Yup it’s gold if a “troll” you don’t give a crap about comments on your crap. Throw a couple of poser self shots at us on Facebook, please do it and make our day…,haha

48. TimHague says:

Any trash talk I’ve ever dobe, is simply to get a fight or hype a fight. I’ve seen what Chael Sonnen was abke to accomplish by yapping. It gets people interested, love him or hate him. Same with me man. I’ve done some yapping recently, and people want to see me lose, but its increased my drawing power considerably.

Im sure if I ever met Jeff Monson in person Id be very intrigued by what he has to say. He is a very sharp individual.

Frank Mir was a wicked dude when I met him. I’ve never trash talked him. I asked him politely to fight me. He didnt respond.

49. AMLEHTC says:

This is a bad fight for Starnes I think. As much as people rip on Tim he does have KO power, and he’s a naturally big dude. Frame wise he’s ginormous , and Kalib doesn’t have the hand speed or size that Hackert does. Could be interesting

50. Idolmaker says:

Going to this event for all the great fights. Ill skip one, take a long piss break, maybe have a smoke and a beer.