Canadian Rumour Mill – April 1

(photo: Jim Beattie)

(photo: Jim Beattie)

Let’s start this week off by congratulating Eric Perez who welcomed his baby boy Nolan into this world! The Perez bros are tough guys and I’m sure little Nolan will putting it on his daddy soon enough! J

• So a few rumour mills ago I mentioned how a couple of Canadian boys had started up a MMA promotion in China, RUFF. Well it now sounds like they’re catching some heat for possibly not paying fighters, contract disputes, etc. Check out a column on this here: http://www.asianmma.com/?p=5980
  • Aggression FC is considering pushing back the date of AFC 18 by two weeks to Sunday May 19. A few of the scheduled athletes are recovering from injuries and could really use the extra time.
  • I’m hearing Mike Hill vs Joel Powell at AFC 18 for the chance to fight Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford on July 5th for the AFC Welterweight title.
  • Kyle Prepolec will be crossing the border and taking on Kevin Lee (3-0) at at MFL 29 (Michiana Fight League) in South Bend, Indiana in 2 weeks on April 13th.

• Good news for Sheldon Westcott, although his ankle looked very bad post AFC fight, it looks like it was just swollen quite badly and not broken. Bad news for Aaron Shmyr, who will still have to face him at Fivestar in May for the #1 contenders spot for the WW belt.
  • Charmaine Tweet will be travelling to the UK to take on Stacy Hayes on July 28th for Eiko’s Women’s 70kg strap.
  • Last week we talked about Josh Hill going to TUF tryouts, this week I’m hearing that if TUF doesn’t work out he may be scrapping Curtis Brigham for his AFC title and/or possibly taking on undefeated Chris Kelades.
  • Speaking of TUF, sounds like Calgary’s Owen Carr and Louis Fisette will also be travelling down south to try out of for the show. Owen is a controversial figure in the Canadian MMA scene with Louis being one of the hottest prospects in Canada and a cute little boytoy, this should help them with their chances of making the show. Good luck!
  • More TUF, Sarah Moras of Toshido will be heading down to try to make it as one of the females on TUF. Sarah is one of Canada’s best and hopefully the TUF producers will realize this and give her the chance of fighting on a bigger stage like Sarah Kaufman and Alexis Davis! Girl Power!
  • Adrian Wooley has been campaigning hard for a bout and hoping that Mike Davis steps up, but first it seems that Davis will be taking on Michael Banin at Unified in June.
  • Neal Anderson nearly pulled off a gogoplata at Unified this past weekend in his loss to Ryan Rother. Well it looks like that’ll be the last time he’ll attempt that submission… unfortunately Neal broke his ankle while going for the gogoplata and will be in a cast for 6 weeks, prior to that he tore ligaments attempting it in his Unified 11 victory over Jevon Marshall. Due to this injury, Anderson will not be able to compete at Unified 16 as previously rumoured.

__________________
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: gossipqueen@topmmanews.com.  Also…want to contribute a 150×150 pic of a gossip queen for us to use.  Send it along!

27 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – April 1 ”

1. Marv says:

Owen Carr is tryin out for TUF?! I’m pretty sure that’s the same guy who bags my groceries

2. M.F.M. says:

Unless you know something I don’t, Adrian Vilaca is fighting PATRICK LAFLEUR at Challenge MMA 1 on May 11.

3. allen hope says:

neal was looking great in that fight till he got with a lucky punch. neal is one of the hardest working guys in the gym and is very talented .

4. allen hope says:

caught

5. Michael Karkula says:

How do you break your ankle from a gogoplata?

6. That’s a strange injury.

Bad angle or bad technique? (Combo of both)

7. AMLEHTC says:

When Neal had it, rother rolled on top of it it looked like which may have caused the break

8. Tyler Davis says:

i tyler davis am hereby challenging eric perez to fight me on the july Xcessive Force Fighting Championship card. he has said some choice words about my mother, if only he knew the caliber of woman he so easily insulted(she was born deaf and overcame many hardships in her life…..proud to call her my mother) he has dodged,dipped, ducked,dived, and dodged me for nearly a year and i have had it. july is close enough and no way im waiting till fall for this fight. he brought family into this if he was a man he would face me like a man…..and i promise someone will take an ambulance home. If he has no intention of fighting i suggest he shut his yap. Im suggesting we do this in Grande Prairie as that would be “neutral territory” im willing to put my career on the line to get just a chance to make him regret those words. fighters can put on wars in the cage with zero disrespect. so why does he have to stoop soooooooo very very low. the challenge is on the table Eric this is the only time you will ever get a chance to fight me as i refuse to continue to play these games. (he backed out of his winner take all challenge). balls in your court….you little bitch

9. I'll Say it says:

I like this challenge it’s more then enough time to prepare, I was sure who was ducking who but it really sounds like Eric is. I am officially on team Davis.

10. Tyler Davis says:

oh ya i forgot to mention Eric.135,145,155,170
    whats your preference?

11. Rob Veevers says:

Isn’t there already a thread dedicated to this “fight”?

12. AMLEHTC says:

This fight will not happen, it’s the Hope vs Kent of Midgets

13. mike Kent says:

Hahhaha I laughed out loud

14. Louden Swain says:

We’ve all heard way to much about the possible davis/perez fight already. There was a thread dedicated to that bullshit, go use that instead of posting here.

15. evan blakely says:

Chris Currie (7-4) is a strong 185 fighter from Wulfrun MMA, hes rounded himself out over the years and I believe he needs an oppoenent for April 20 at Elite1 MMA in New Brunswwick, Any help?

16. Jerobe says:

Alan Hope just because Neal is your buddy and training partner doesn’t mean you should discredit Ryan Rother’s KO of your buddy by calling it a “lucky punch”.

17. allen hope says:

no disrespect to ryan has a fighter im just saying it was a lucky punch. most of my fights where won by a lucky punch haha 9 times out of 10 neal would win that fight.

18. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 3 Thumb down 14

19. WM says:

And you wonder why people give you a hard time on here BTP? Clueless.

20. Marv says:

A troll is someone who has a nickname as horrible as “bring the pain”

21. Marko says:

Ryan Ford signs 4 fight deal with UFC.

22. Idolmaker says:

I’m pretty satisfied with my life. Are you an FBI profiler btp? You’re the one who seems miserable. Always asking why your getting thumbs down, and defending all your crap with, I don’t care what you all think of me. Isn’t that contradiction? Things could have been so different for you on here, if you’d only just listened. You should have slowed your roll, you should have just stfu in the beginning. You certainly have some valid points, but not many take them seriously, because of your reputation. You’ve earned it.

23. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Im ok with that Idol…im not miserable at all…;)…i saw that quote from Ricky Gervais the other night and thought it was fitting….did i know i wouls take heat for it…of coarse…and im ok with that…wasnt directing it at anyone inparticular….cheers

24. Cameron McQueen says:

Keith should really sit you down BTP(lol). You are ruining people’s enjoyment here. I know I shouldn’t even tell you that because you get off on the fact you even get a sliver of attention.

25. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Dont reply to any of my posts…im not looking for your attention or approval…its that simple…you guys are the ones…who keep commenting and posting back ar what i post…and others join you cause they think its fun to jump on the band wagon…again im not looking for tge popularity vote…i post mostly about fights…i would like to see…and about trying to find Craig fights….this forum actually has been a useful tool in getting contacts to other promotions and fights…im not here to pls anyone or kiss anyones ass…I cant help that their are ppl in todays society that feel the need to try and bash someone or discredit at everything the say and do….but such is life…have good day bashing gentlemen…

26. lol says:

I dont a response from perez.

He is on here a lot. hmmmmmm

27. Marko says: