Battle for the Border 2 – Cranbrook – June 1

BFTB2Date: June 1, 2013
Venue: Western Financial Place in Cranbrook, BC
Tickets: 250-426-7328

Pro Fights:
155lbs- Derek Boyle (9-5) vs. Eben Kaneshiro (14-9)
150lbs- Charmaine Tweet (3-3) vs. Amanda Bell (0-1)
155lbs- Derek Clark (3-4) vs. Rob Roy (3-5)
185lbs- Sheldon Doll (1-3) vs. Dan Walders (0-6)
185lbs- Jordan Murray (6-8) vs. Brandon MacAarthur (7-24)

Amateur Fights:
155lbs- Adam Wills (4-1) vs. Connor Derry (1-0)
155lbs- Jesse Cuthill (0-0) vs. Tom O’Connor (1-0)
145lbs- Mike Seguin (1-0) vs. Robert Nelson (1-2)
170lbs- Donovan Hack (2-0) vs. TBA

70 Responses to “ Battle for the Border 2 – Cranbrook – June 1 ”

1. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 3 Thumb down 18

2. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 14

3. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Why get thumb down for this… not that i care…but were just trying to get Craig a fight and you trolls have a problem with that…seriously!

4. Cameron McQueen says:

I thought he had a new manager?…as opposed to a guy who begs for fights on a Canadian MMA news site?

5. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Did i beg..no…i asked for a contact…some peoples children!

6. WM says:

doesn’t the wardog have a new manager?

7. BOOBOO says:

NOTHING WRONG WITH SHANE TRYING TO GET THE WARDOG IN A SCRAP ON A FULL CAMP IMO . IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE THE WARDOGS FOUGHT AND I DONT SEE ANYONE WANTING TO FIGHT EM NOW ( DONT GET IT ? ) SO IF HE HAS TO BLAST THIS SHIT ON TMMN , THEN THATS WHAT IT TAKES . IF BODWELL CAN GET A FIGHT ON HERE , CRAIG SURE AS HELL SHOULD ALSO ( NOT COMPARING AT ALL ). TOUGH SOB WILLING TO FIGHT ANYONE ON A FULL CAMP . SO I WANT TO SEE CRAIG FIGHT TOO , I THINK HE WILL BE A BIG SURPRISE TO A LOT OF US AND THE PROMOTER WILLING TO GIVE HIM A SHOT MIGHT JUST FIND A DIAMOND WITH A LITTLE BETTER FINISH ON IT .

THE WARDOG NEEDS A FIGHT , PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

8. Cameron McQueen says:

amateur hour

9. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Yes… yes you are Cameron!

10. PUCK says:

After lossing 2 strait and being 2-3 as a pro….whould anyone fly the “war dog” out west to fight? Thats a lot to spend on a fighter that won’t sell one ticket? Here’s some free advise, find a local show close to where he lives and get him some cage time and fan base. (not just the poeple he pays) Then you won’t have to pound the pages looking to get him on a card telling poeple how great he is….poeple will contact him/you for fights. By no means am I trying to be rude, just my thoughts

11. Shane BTP Mountney says:

I agree with you about getting cage time..except there are no local shows here anymore…and we have had fights set up with other promotiins from out west and they have fallen through…one way or another…we have had promotions from out west ask a few fighters if the would fight Craig and they said no….so this was not suppose to be a debate about what we should do or shouldnt do…i simply asked for the Contact for this promotion…as so far all others in Canada have been aproached…somethings maybe in the works…they may not…its a waiting game…as it is right now for so many Ontario fighters…

12. WM says:

maybe his manager should take care of him and you should stop making him look bad by begging for fights on here…

13. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Again i havent beg for any fight…all i have done.. is asked for a contact…which i got…and all i have done is told any of these promotions that Craig is available…and thats it…if you cant see that…than your blind and dumb!

14. Cameron McQueen says:

Stop making excuses and begging. Learn how to do your job properly. I know Sean Quinn has had a headache over the last few years getting fights and not once have I seen his management pump him up, beg for fights or make excuses on this website. That can go along with a handful of other fighters having trouble.

15. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Another troll looking to spout off…about nothing they know about…spout away troll!

16. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Cameron i think you and i should have a chat… face to face…

17. Cameron McQueen says:

Craig sat at the table in front of mine in Sarnia and I was a big fan of his fights and fighting style but now I root against him and am tired of his name since “wardog” has his name attached to yours.

18. Shane BTP Mountney says:

So easy for you to mouth off behind your computer screen…whether thats your real name or not…for what ever the reason you have choosen to make this your buisness…why… do you know Craig…do you have something against him…you dont want to see him succeed… or is it me you have a problem with…do i know you… have i offended you in anyway…im not Craigs manager… but i will help in any way i can…if you dont like it…thats to damn bad…im not begging for fights…im simply approaching promotions i have had dealings with in the past and a few new ones…and giving them Craigs availability and details…again if you dont like it to bad…and anytime you would like to meet face to face to discuss it…im more than willing!

19. J. Tyler says:

Sounds like begging for fights to me. Wardog is not a to heavyweight in Canada and never will be. Clearly he isn’t willing to fight anyone

20. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Well thats your choice not to be fan…I would like to know why though…you say its me explain!

21. Shane BTP Mountney says:

And for your info…i started Craig in his mma career first as an amature and then as a pro…ive Coached him from the beginning when he first wanted to get into mma…ive stood by his side through all the highs and lows in training…ive stood by him in victory and defeat…and i will continue to do so until he retires from this sport or he no longer wants me to…ive done more than you’ll ever know… so Im sry you feel the way you do…but its the way it is…

22. Cameron McQueen says:

Are you trying to intimidate me? Feel free to email me and we can discuss whatever you want to get off your chest there. I’m simply implying that in no way do you help Craig’s image or career. If you are not his manager then you should not be trying to contact promoters. Who is Craig’s manager?

23. Cameron McQueen says:

Bring The Pain…..LOL

24. Shane BTP Mountney says:

No intimidation implied…i merely would like to know who im talkin to…

25. Cameron McQueen says:

It’s not very hard to find out who I am. I used to manage a handful of fighters when I was only 18.

26. Shane BTP Mountney says:

And you know that i dont help his image or career in what way…and how do you know this…and as for his new manager…when it is all finalized and said and done…im sure he will let it be known…and what is your email?

27. Cameron McQueen says:

I am telling you that you don’t help his image or marketability by begging for fights on an mma forum. All I see are excuses for his losses as well. If you don’t like the risk/reward of taking short notice fights then don’t take them. I know, I know, 2013 is a different year and you won’t make the same mistake this year. Nobody cares or wants to hear it. Fact of the matter is that Craig probably wouldn’t beat Rama or Tim if either of those rematchs but I give Craig props for being a tough guy. Unfortunatly with you as his handler his career won’t evolve and he will have very few oppertunities other than fights signed off of a forum by way of begging. Leave it to the real managers like Woodrow, Alex C. and Chris Clements of the fight game.

28. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Well your right about one thing…short notice figgts werent tge best idea especially after coming of a hand injury after Macphearson to fight Hague and a broken nose to fight Rama…but again show me where ive begged for fights…pls im curious

29. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hmmm no faith in Craig eh?…well thats cool…we will see my friend…we will see….but first… he has to fight… to prove guys like you wrong…cheers

30. Cameron McQueen says:

You’re making excuses again. You always go in a big circle. Talk less. Do more research and succeed. It’s simple. You are a waste of time my friend. Best of luck to Craig. I hope his new management has somewhat of a clue what they are doing compared to you.

31. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Its funny ive made no excuses…you havent showed me where i have begged for fights…and you conitnue to insult me…even though i have not insulted you once…cant have everyone s approval i guess..;)…enjoy life more Cameron…you might just be a happier person for it…

32. Cameron McQueen says:

I am an extremely happy person. I just like to see fighters have proper representation. Managers are meant to be in the background. Speak when spoken to. Trust me, it will garner you much more respect.

33. WM says:

There goes BTP making empty threats again “i think you and i should have a chat…face to face”. Shut up Shane, stop using a stupid nickname, you are in your 40’s and fat. The worst part about seeing you on here everyday throwing Craigs name around is that it gives him a bad name. Craig is a nice guy, a tough guy wanting to fight but you are making a joke out of him. Leave it to the managers, as Cameron mentioned there are a lot of good ones around. Stop trying to stay relevant, you are not anymore.

34. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Thanx for the advice….but im not fat thanx…im actually the lightest ive been for a while…im a slim 241lbs…right. now and again they was no threats implied…i dont make empty threats thank you…this is a public forum…im allowed to express my opinions and veiws on every topic on here…and not .everyday… what i say on here is about Craig…and your right… im not relevant anymore…when it comes to fighting…i am 42 yrs .old…with a bad knee that has to have 2 more surgeries this year on it…but i am a loyal friend to my frienda and my students/fighters….and that will never change….i dont post my veiws. On here because i wanna stay relevant….its not a popularity. Contest….most who truly know me…like me i think…;)…maybe not…but i am very out spoken and very forward and will sa qhat is on my mind…when i want and how i want and for the most part that rubs ppl the wrong…and ia wh i catch so much negative flack…on here…but at least I know who I am… and I. Stay true to myself….

35. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Not once have i come on here and bashed any fighter…any .Coach or any organization… like so many have…ive have never said a negative to anyone who has not insulted me or try to attack me personally on here…i have nothing to hide… this is me….im not asking for anyones approval….you dont like what i say… thats fine…dont read it than….its that .simple!…as for managing Craig…i did my best…Im not a professinal agent/manager….things went the way they did last year. And we learned from them…thats not an excuse its fact…hoping for a far better year this year….yes has Craig decided to go with a management company…yes but on my advice…has anThing been offically signed….no.. not yet…so until.. Craig and his new management come to an agreement offically…im going to continue to help in anyway that i can….im sure… promotions will be hearing from Craigs new manager soon…pretty much thats tge short and skinny of it…have a nice day…cheers!

I think this is getting way off topic… if you two would like to continue your discussion I think it might be best to move it to the forum so we can keep this discussion board related to the Battle for the Border card! Thanks!

37. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Your right Cody…i apologize for hijacking the thread…;)

38. Woodrow says:

Cameron- myself and alex c are managing craig with shane being heavily involved as well.

Its very tough getting craig fights, hes very tough with a not so great record. He takes fights on short notice but is having a very difficult time getting fights with a proper camp. There is a shortage of shows in ontario and quebec. Our border cities to the US are a mess. If shane wants to come on here and hype craig thats awesome they are very close friends. Shane i love u bro, who cares who gives u a thumb down!!! Shit im gonna now too lol

If anyone is looking to add a HW to your card please email me woodrow@hotmail.com Craig is a great guy who throws heavy hands and brings it everytime.

39. Woodrow says:

40. Shane BTP Mountney says:

And there you have it!….thanx Woody…;)

41. Cameron McQueen says:

Sorry Cody. Glad Craig has proper representation. Continue being a fanboy then Bring The Pain. Back on track.

42. WM says:

Why craig or the management team wants mountney anywhere near them is beyond me. best of look woodrow hope you find him something.

43. PUCK says:

I agree with one thing, Ont/Que fully suck to put on fight cards. The truth is if he (war dog) wants to make it anywhere in fighting he’s going to have to make hard choice’s in life, like moving to Alberta/Cali. so he can fight more often. Hey, didn’t you say he works out here (west) anyway? Plus, who’s he really got to train with over there? Its fairly tough to have a (full)fight camp as you say he needs if he’s not even around to train I’m thinking? Even harder with no fights getting lined up for your modavation. Good Luck Craig. Again no insualting intended at all just my thoughts….

44. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 1 Thumb down 12

45. Cameron McQueen says:

Shane. You have already apologized to Cody. Get over it. We formulate our opinion on how you present yourself on this forum. Woodrow has come on here to defend so take that and quit while you are ahead. You have the endorsement of somebody has is respected.

46. LO says:

Who is the contact for this card? Thanks

47. Chad Laprise says:

If you guys need a 55er please contact me!

48. MKB says:

Laprise vs Aubin-Mercier would be a great fight. I heard Olivier is having trouble finding an opponent.

49. LoL says:

Laprise is a beast at 155, any promotion in canada would be lucjy to have this guy fight for them!

UPDATE: Added Rob Roy, Sheldon Doll, Adam Wills and Mike Seguin