Wreck MMA 2.0 Play-by-Play – Banin Upsets Turner, Holst Submits Whitson

WRECK THUMBDon Wilson is in Gatineau, Quebec for Wreck MMA’s return. Here is his play-by-play for the event:

Top MMA News Awards:

• Knockout of the Night: James Kouame
  • Submission of the Night: Mike Banin
  • Fight of the Night: James Kouame and Bryan Black

Randy Turner vs. Michael Banin
Rd1: Turner catches a kick and quickly brings Banin to the mat. Banin looks for the ankle lock but can’t finish. Back to their feet Turner dives in for the double leg and leaves his neck out, Banin latches on and squeezes for everything he’s worth and coaxes the tap from the hometown hero.
Banin submits Turner via Guillotine choke at :56 of Rd1

Richie Whitson vs. Mark Holst
Rd1: fighters exchange leg kicks and jabs before Holst rushes in and clinches up. Holst uses the body lock and leverage to force the fight to the mat. Holst a passes to half guard and unloads some punches but Whitson escapes back to his feet. Back on their feet the fighters continue to clinch against the ropes with Whitson this time getting the TD. Holst attempts an arm bar but must let go when Whitson threatens with the slam. Holst showing a very active guard constantly going for the arm bar. Holst is able to use a rolling omoplata to make it back to his feet just as the round comes to a close.
Top MMA News scores the round 10-9 Holst

Rd2: Holst bull rushes in with punches and forces Whitson against the ropes. Again Holst body locks and forces the fight to the ground. Whitson fights back to his feet and lands a crisp right on Holst who returns a solid left of his own. Whitson lands the trip on Holst. Whitson landing some solid elbows inside Holst guard but Holst throws his legs up again and cinches in the arm bar forcing Whitson to tap.
Holst submits Whitson via Armbar at 4:42 of Rd2

Dimitri Waardenburg vs. Eric Montgomery
Rd1: Waardenburg use sing his speed to beat Montgomery to the punch early in the round. Waardenburg pressing the action knocking Montgomery to the mat with a stiff jab. Montgomery works back to his feet and waist lock Waardenburg bringing him down to the mat. Montgomery looking for the armbar but the fighters are too close to the ropes and the ref restarts them on their feet. Waardenburg landing with the stand up but Montgomery ducks under and lands the takedown but Waardenburg escapes back to his feet.
Top MMA News scores the round 10-9 Waardenburg

Rd2: Montgomery comes out swinging for the fences but Waardenburg slows him down with a double jab. Montgomery forces the action against the ropes waist locks and brings the fight to the floor but Waardenburg stays in top position. Montgomery attempts an omoplata but Waardenburg pulls out and escpes to his feet. Waardenburg connects with a jab that knocks Montgomery’s mouth guard out. Waardenburg connects with a couple stiff jabs while Montgomery responds with a brutal kick to the body. Again Montgomery waist locks and drags Waardenburg to the canvas but again Waardenburg maintains top control.
Top MMA News scores the round 10-9 Waardenburg

Rd3: Waardenburg’s speed and head movement are too much for Montgomery but Montgomery evens the fight up with his clinch work. Another waist lock and another takedown byMontomery who this time takes top position. Montgomery working some big elbows from inside Waardenburg’s guard. Montgomery takes mount and Waardenburg gives up his back. Lots of hand fighting while Montgomery looks for the choke. Montgomery locks in a brutal face crank but can’t seal the deal. Montgomery continues to look for the choke finally getting his arm underneath the chin but Waardenburg is showing amazing resiliency in fighting it off. Montgomery let’s the choke go and looks for ground and pound in the last 10 seconds to finish off the round.
Top MMA News scores the round 10-9 Montgomery
Waardenburg defeats Montgomery via Split Decision (29-28,29-28,28-29)

Francis Charbonneau vs. Matt Parsons
Rd1: Parsons lands a solid body kick and tires for the takedown but Charbonneau sprawl out, Parson ducks underneath and lands a beautiful fire mans’ carry to finish the takedown. Charbonneau makes it back to his feet and lands a solid knee to Parson’s midsection. Parsons’ escapes the plum and muscles the fight to the canvas. Parsons working some punches inside Charbonneau’s guard and even uses the can opener as an opportunity to slam his opponent back down to the canvas.

Rd2: Parsons starts the round off working over Charbonneau’s lead leg with kicks. Parsons ducks under a Charbonneau punch for the takedown but can’t finish. An inadvertent kick to Parsons’ family jewels brings about a short break in the action. Fight starts back up and Charbonneau lands some clean punches on the inside. Parsons attempts a single leg but again can’t finish the takedown. Charbonneau looks for the standing guillotine but can’t get the leverage. Charbonneau opens up Parsons’ nose with a big knee but Parsons drives through and finally gets the single leg. Parsons’ leaves his head on the inside and Charbonneau locks up a weak triangle which forces Parsons to give-up top position. Charbonneau transitions from a top side triangle to the fight ending arm bar forcing the tap.
Charbonneau submits Parsons via Armbar at 3:51 of Rd2

Ashley Nichols vs. Randa Markos
Rd1: Both fighters tie up and Markos uses an outside trip to bring the fight to the mat. Markos in Nichols’ guard landing some nice ground and pound. Marks continues her assault and quickly passes to side control, then to mount and spins around for the arm bar and the tap. Gorgeous technique displayed by Markos.
Markos submits Nichols via Arm bar at 3:06 of Rd1

Jordan Preston vs. Kyle Vivian
Rd1: Preston runs straight out the gate and crashes into Vivian bringing the fight to the floor. Preston quickly transitions to mount forcing Vivian to give up his back. Prestons flattens him out, sinks in the choke and forces the tap.
Preston submits Vivian via Rear Naked Choke at :58 of Rd1

James Kouame vs. Bryan Black
Rd1: Kouame lands a big head kick to start things off then connects with a big hook. Both fighters exchange in center cage and Kouame slips off a big kick attempt. Kouame drops Black to canvas and follows up with a brutal soccer kick the connects flush on Black. The ref stops the fight and takes a point away from Kouame. Black comes and wobbles Kouame with a right then knocks him to the ground in the next exchange. Black follows him to the mat and grabs the back of Kouame’s head and proceeds to unload some big hockey style punches before Kouame makes it back to his feet. Kouame catches Black with a hard kick to the neck/throat area but Black returns with a stiff jab to Kouame.
Top MMA News scores the round 10-8 Black

Rd2: Kouame stalks Black around the cage and forces the fight into a corner where he misses with a teep kick and Black makes him pay with a quick succession of punches. Big head kick connects on Black but he walks right through it. Kouame connects with a left hook then head kick that finally floor Black but only to one knee and Black pops right back up. Black eats a body kick but knocks Kouame’s head back with the returning jab. Black misses with a spinning back fists but lands flush with the right hand to end the round. Black has one helluva chin.
Top MMA News scores the round 10-9 Kouame

Rd3: Kouame presses the fight against the ropes lands to head kicks and a hook but Black runs right through him looking for takedown but catch finish it off. Both fighters have mastered the art of circling right as they are demonstrating in the third stanza. Kouame lands a nice short right that rocks Black just for a second and back to circling right. Kouame lands flush with head kick and again Black doesn’t even blink and back to circling. Black misses a punch and Kouame catches his opponent bent forward and plant a massive kick right on Black chin and the ref calls the fight. It’s worth mentioning Black was out for about 2 seconds then popped right back up. Black has a tremendous chin and Kouame can throw brutal kicks.
Kouame defeats Black via KO at 3:24 of Rd3

Stevie Yhap vs. Tyler Kirk
Rd1: Yhap works sones strikes, grabs the body lock and forces the action to the floor. Yhap quickly transitions to mount but Kirk uses his strength and reverse but leaves his head and shoulders in and is trap by Yhap. Yhap switches his legs, transitions to the arm bar and forces the tap.
Yhap submits Kirk via Armbar at 1:05 of Rd1

Tristan Kalijudzic vs. James Polodna
Rd1: Kalijudzic starts off with low kicks and Polodna slips to the mat. Polodna ties up and muscles Kalijudzic to the mat and jumps the back but Kalijudzic escapes. The goes to the ropes and Kalijudzic tries to work the thai plum but Polodna escapes and avoid the head kick on exit. This time Polodna press the fight against the ropes but the ref separates them due to lack of action. Polodna tags Kalijudzic with a solid right hook. Both men exchanging kicks and right hooks but Polodna gets the better of the exchange. Polodna forces the action against the ropes and lands a nice double leg but the fighters go through the ropes and the fight is restarted on the feet. Kalijudzic polishes off the round with some painful looking leg kicks.
Top MMA News scores the round 10-9 Polodna

Rd2: Kalijudzic showing off some dazzling spinning kicks just too bad none landed. After the last spinning kick Polodna ties up, takes the back and sinks in the rear naked choke leaving Kalijudzic no choice but to tap.
Polodna submits Kalijudzic via Rear Naked Choke at :26 of Rd2

94 Responses to “ Wreck MMA 2.0 Play-by-Play – Banin Upsets Turner, Holst Submits Whitson ”

1. Jeff Harrison says:

Holst looked incredible last night. What a great match up. 155 is his home for sure he should focus on taking some tough fights at that weight. Would still love to see Boots and Campbell.

155? why on earth was the fight at 160 then? I got no response in my previous post…….

3. hens says:

Where is Mike Davis hiding now that Woolley is on here ??

4. AMLEHTC says:

Can someone just get a Woolley a fight so this bickering ends

5. juanjuones says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 1 Thumb down 14

Things I now know about juanjones:

He’s a dick.
    He’s from Ottawa.
    He’s been at and probably involved with wreck at numerous events including this one and the one I fought Mike in.
    He doesn’t like Woolley for some reason. Seems jelous we’re talking about him but could be something more personal.
    He’s undoubtedly someone I know and is nice to my face but When behind a screen name bashes me.
    He claims to be a fighter and is tough enough to use me to
    ‘pad his record’ but too big a pussy to use his name.

New game. ‘Guess The Douchebag’.

It’s fun! :)

I’m not sure if I missed this site or hate that I returned.

I need to get a life. That I do know.

8. Shane BTP Mountney says:

No way man… i love you on hear Robin!!…;)

9. Gnp says:

good to see your back robin….don’t let the lugans upset you that much….still didn’t realize you were a rock star tho….

Thanks guys. Really.

@Gnp I definitely wouldn’t say ‘rock star’.

I would say C List Canadian music performer.

Maybe E or F list.

But man it really was fun. I have some incredible stories man.

11. Chad Pearson says:

JJ already discredited himself through his own words so much that his opinion isn’t even worth considering anymore…the guessing game sounds fun though.

12. Nigel Guerin says:

What’s with all the fake names? lol

I’d love the see Holst vs Ronson, as I don’t think Holst and Campbell would go toe to toe in an MMA Fight….game plans – maybe a Muay Thai Fight….who knows though…

I’m not making excuses for Randy, but man – fighting sick…..I’m only an amateur Muay Thai Fighter and I fought sick once…..was a horrible experience. Hope to see him back quickly!!!

13. Nigel Guerin says:

I never liked the term “Haters,” but man – it seems appropriate when crumb’s on this site try an dog Robin Black. He’s a TV host, musician, MMA Fighter, great writer and I’m sure much more……get real

14. BOOBOO says:

ROBIN , I DONT KNOW I THINK IM ALWAYS CHONGED OUT .

MAN IM GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!

ASK ME IN 10 MINUTES , THIS MEDS I GOT NOW MIGHT MAKE ME REVOLT BACK TO THE OLD BOO !

I LOST 2 FAMILY MEMBERS IN THE LAST 3 MONTHS ( REAL TALK ) AND I AM TRYING TO BE A BIGGER MAN ON HERE AND LIFE IS TO SHORT BIKKERING ABOUT NONSENCE WHEN WE NEED TO BE TALKING ABOUT HOW THE SPORT WE ALL LOVE ( EVEN MY STONED ASS ). I MIGHT SMOKE ALOT BUT I WOULD GIVE ALL THAT CRAP UP IF I COULD FIND A BETTER WAY TO DEAL WITH THE PRESSURE PAIN I HAVE ALOT ( BURNT MY EYES IN AN ACCIDENT IN DEARBORN MICHIGAN DOING ELECTRICAL WORK )

WORST DAY OF MY LIFE !! SO I DEAL WITH IT THE WAY I CAN .

Thanks Nigel that’s very kind my friend. Thanks man really.

BOOBOO, email me at Robinfblack@hotmail.com let’s chat man.
    Hope you have sone fun this weekend and enjoy life my man.

16. BOOBOO says:

@ROBIN BLACK – IT WILL BE MY PLEASURE TO CHAT WITH YOU SIR , YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A HUGE POSITIVE INFLUENCE TO ME BECAUSE OF YOUR LOVE FOR THE SPORT AND WOULD BE AN HONOR .

I LOVE THIS SPORT AND THIS SITE ,BUT ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND OTHERS WITH THE TRUE LOVE , THAT MAKE THIS SPORT WHAT IT SHOULD BE , TY . EXPECT AN EMAIL AND TY FOR CARING AS MUCH AS WE DO !

17. Dave Nicholls says:

I just wanted to say thank you to Wreck and all of the fighters who put on a fabulous show. I would especially like to thank both of my fighters Bryan Black and Matt Parsons for putting on terrific performances against two great opponents in Kouame and Charbonneau. All four of these kids were class acts and they all have bright futures ahead of them. Best of luck to all that fought and to Wreck in the future.

18. hens says:

ttt for a response from tyler davis lol

19. Adrian Woolley says:

Mike Davis

Just wondering if there was anything in my terms that you didn’t like? how about you tell me when is good for you!

For the promoters out west, my offer stands! Pick a date and I’ll fight Davis for free.

20. Davis.mma125 says:

Wooley here is my counter offer

Coffe doable Ill buy personally but I want some sour keys man only way this will happen. I have a fight being lines up and after this fight ill be down for this east or west. Would be cool to fight you out east never traveled and fought before would be fun. I can say this though have a fight line up next unified by looks of it and after that I will gladly step in cage with you. Your a amazing athlete and fighter would be a honor man. Maybe fall ? See what comes up sure we can work something out.

21. Davis.mma125 says:

Sorry for late reply I was out last night, watched Olypus has fallen….it’s not very good don’t waste your time lol.

22. Chad Pearson says:

Way to step up Davis. Solid and a class act brother.

Whatever fight the promoters are planning Im pretty sure they would jump at the chance to have Wooley on the card instead of whoever they have in mind as they would save the purse AND have a kick ass main event.

23. Adrian Woolley says:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. There are talks of a show in Toronto in June! I’m sure I can get them to fly you out if you’d rather travel east.

24. Davis.mma125 says:

Oh this fights good ! Ill fight Wooley first see if ex injury holds up through a full fight camp. And don’t count me a stepping up till we fight but I’m completely down for this, really wanted a fight and I might get it by looks of it. I’d really love to go fight him out east though, I’ve only fought in Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer and LloydMinister need some variety!!!!

25. M.F.M says:

Finally!!! A 125er with balls! Nice Mr Davis!!

26. Davis.mma125 says:

27. Davis.mma125 says:

28. Davis.mma125 says:

Any promoter wants to look at this fight email is Davis.mma125@gmail.com

29. Adrian Woolley says:

Heal up! I’ll have the promoter out here e-mail you with the details. Or the promoters out west can contact sean peirson directly

30. Davis.mma125 says:

Ok done deal man would be a good time.

31. ChrisB says:

Woolley vs. Davis is a good fight, but the fight I really want to see is Kyle Vivian vs Paul Ebejer. I’m not even being sarcastic.

These two guys are always willing to take a short notice beating so the show can go on. One of them deserves to retire with a win on their record.

32. juanjuonesbonescamerondiaz says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 9 Thumb down 24

Yes i guess I am a can. I have 4 wins and 5 losses and my wins are over lower level guys.

You have 5 wins and 5 losses and most your wins are over lower level guys too. What does that make you?

I’m all for trolling, some people find it enjoyable.

But you’re being a dick to me for no reason under an assumed name. I’ve never been anything but good to you.

Are you entertaining yourself? Great if you are, but you’re being personal for no reason.

Grow the f%ck up man.

34. Chad Pearson says:

Its not worth your breath Robin…you’re talkng to a guy who has so few people around him that he spent the Saturday night of a long weekend working on a post he submitted at 1:53 am.

I know man.

I understand that some people find trolling to be an interesting experiment in human behavior. I get that.

And I get that I’m a great target. I get that I’m funny to make fun of.

But when you work hard and try to contribute good work you really don’t take to kindly to being compared to Ebeger or Colletti.

That’s low man. That’s just too low.

Whatever maybe I’ll get a private Facebook message apologizing and this guy and I can be cool again.

Or maybe I won’t.

It just gets a little tired this crap.

36. Shane BTP Mountney says:

@ROBIN….just take it for what it is… a silly little post by a silly little man or who knows…women….who wont use their real name… over fear of backlash…an assumed name to them… they think gives them almost superhero like powers to say what they want when they want with no repercussions…just laugh about it…. cause anything they say… loses all crediability and validity…under a fake name..whether its just an opinion or fact!…cheers!

37. Joe Doe says:

lol @ juanjuones. what a troll

I’m all for trolling but this guys going too far lol. Any idea who this guy is?

38. BOOBOO says:

@ROBIN BLACK – STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES BUT WORDS MAY NEVER HURT . FUCK THIS DUDE , NO RESPECT AND NO BALLS , NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS ITS ALWAYS THE BIGGER MANS RESPONSIBILITY ( IN THIS CASE YOU ) TO REMAIN THE BIGGER MAN AND NOT LET THIS LOSERS NONSENCE GET YOU . THE LAST THING I WANT IS TO SEE YOU GO AGAIN . GIVE IT A DAY OR TWO AND OUR NEW FRIEND WILL BE A MEMORY , NOT WORTH OUR TIME AND YOURS AND HE WILL MOST LIKELY DISAPPEAR LIKE MOST IRRELAVENT TROLLS ON HERE DO .

39. Jeff Harrison says:

Who is Juan Jones!? Come on the suspense is killing me!

40. alex says:

“that guy sounds hispanic”
    – chael P sonnen

41. Adrian Woolley says:

just a quick recap of Mike Davis saying 100% in

42. hasslehoff says:

Davis.mma125 says:

“Wooley I’m in talks to fight June.21st think date is, anytime after that I’m 100% down. I’m slowly getting back into training cause was injured so after June man east or west what ever gets first I’m down for this if can wait till after that. Would appreciate, and would love to test myself against you.”

“But ya after June I’m 100% down Wooley, I don’t want to have a questionable camp against you I want to be 100% so no excuses. Been hurt last two fights and think I’m getting close so i really want this fight and than lets do this. This year I will fight ya so at least you get 1”

Lets see if Mike Davis is a man of his word…or excuses

43. Chad Pearson says:

Davis is the Champ now. He CAN’T turn down a contender. The fight has to go on or he goes from Champ to Chump….UFC doesn’t sign Chumps.

44. Obviously says: