AFC 20: Stampede – Calgary – July 12

AFC-THUMBDate: July 12, 2013
Venue: Telus Convention Centre in Calgary, Alberta
TV: Internet PPV
Tickets: Buy Tickets

Pro Fights:
135lbs- Noah Ali (3-1) vs. Mike O’Neill (3-2)
145lbs- Nathan Wilkins (1-2) vs. Corey Houston (4-3)
155lbs- Matt Krayco (5-5) vs. Matt Spisak (5-5)
155lbs- Trent House (1-0) vs. Brandon Shorter (0-0)
135lbs- Owen Carr (3-2-1) vs. Brent Fryia (6-3)
170lbs- Marcus Vinicios (5-7) vs. Dia Grant (7-9)
185lbs- Dusty Kramps (0-0) vs. Zach Manywounds (0-0)
170lbs- Brandon Ypma (0-0) vs. Beau Bentley (0-0)
145lbs- Jared Silverthorn (1-1) vs. Will Monzon (0-0)

337 Responses to “ AFC 20: Stampede – Calgary – July 12 ”

1. Louden Swain says:

I think Ali is going to Crush O’neil and I’m taking Fryia or Carr, but I would pay to see any of the possible matchups between these four guys. Including a rematch of Carr and O’neil, the fight would look the same but Carr would actually get the W.

2. Louden Swain says:

^ Correction. I meant to type Fryia OVER Carr.

3. Jeremy says:

Have to agree with louden swain. oneill’s been going
    Through some marital issues for a while now I heard.
    In sports mental is a big part of it and I dont think he’ll
    Be all in. Which will makes for a easier fight for noah.
    I saw him fight denatale and he was relentless and it made
    For a good fight so I hope he gets his head together.

4. The Spartan says:

I just checked my calender guys and I’m very free July 12th! Just throwing it out there, you know, incase someone pops a rib or something…

Well loved. I just fight.

Elias :)

5. Woodrow says:

Elias on stand by watch out!!!

6. Just Laughable says:

Hmmmmm lets see I believe I once stated a while back how Oneill loves to make good excuses prior to every fight so he has a fall guy when he gets destroyed!!!!!!!!!! DING DING DING and we have it a guy named Jeremy who I honestly have never scene that name post before and I know all I see is lovey dovey hugs and kisses and back and forth from Oneill and his wife on facebook so HERE we are again congrats Mike Oneill on starting your excuse way in advance already !!! Cheers

7. Mike kent says:

Whoa that coming out of no where especially after I showed u nothing but respect

Really nice of you to offer Elias but ill be fighting July 12th . It’s funny i tapped out because I was injured in our fight and my rib popped and you ran around the cage celebrating like you just knocked me out acting like a clown , then a week later i aee an interview with you saying it didnt matter you would have knocked me out anyways.I never said one word disrespectful to you, i spent my fight week getting cortisone shots and frozen so you could still have your fight you trained for more or less gift wrapping a win for you. I told Derek Leblanc not to mention anything about a pre existing injury in my interview after so it didnt spoil your win . my rib was popping out all week but i still fought , all out of respect for you . I guess I should have pulled out and screwed my coach the promoter and fucked u out of fight so you couldn’t come on here and take cheap shots about me

Ill be fighting July 12 forsure so I wouldn’t hold my breath If I was you

8. Mike kent says:

I know Forsure if someone is hurt and taps out I’m not gonna jump on the cage and celebrate like I just got an amazing win by KO I would try a bit of humility it would go nice with your shiny record . Stay classy

9. The Spartan says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 14 Thumb down 25

A fighter has every right to celebrate every win.

If you take a guy down and hurt him and end the fight with a takedown or a brutal physical pass or a clinch or you hurt him with a punch its all the same. You won the fight and you should celebrate.

As far as Elias questioning the validity of your injury that is between you two. That is none of the rest of our businesses and only you two know what happened in there.

I hope you have a great fight against Dave Mike and I hope its an exciting experience you always remember.

11. mike kent says:

“I jumped on a cage because I train hard, real hard, for 7 weeks. When you tapped I knew it wasn’t an injury, It was you realizing how much stronger, fasted and better I am than you. I made you quit. I took your will. And for that I celebrated.”

This is what you get for fighting a guy and not pulling out to save the main event, fighting so your family and friends that flew in to watch your fight didn’t waste their money, but especially so the guy that trained hard your fighting and put all that work in doesn’t waste all that time and still gets a fight.

Everyone that fights keep that in mind the next time your hurt and decide to fight but put on a lackluster performance. That’s what your opponent will think of you.

Self belief in this sport is huge so whatever you have to tell yourself I guess

Not really anything to say else to say. Good luck in the future. I hope we meet again in the cage some day sooner then later.

12. Donald Duck says:

99% sure every commission asks the following (or some variation of) quesiton during pre-fight interviews:

“Are you aware of any medical condition that would limit your ability to fight.”

Are you saying Mike that you lied in your prefight medical and went in with an injury?

Don’t give me the b*llshit, “everyone is injured” because that is only true to a certain degree.

Donnie

13. mike kent says:

nope I was 100% healthy, I lost because Elias took my will and soul and made me quit. Im done with this. I fought, I tapped, I lost. The details aren’t important.

I moved on and got another fight I suggest Elias does the same. If Elias is mad that I was offered “the crow” fight and not him then that’s something to take up with his manager.

Ive always fought to the fullest of my abilities so anyone one saying different is just plain wrong.

14. Louden Swain says:

Looking forward to seeing you in action on the 12th Mike. Glad that retirement didn’t stick. You’ve got a banger coming up, no need to even acknowledge anything about your previous fight.

15. Mike kent says:

Thanks alot man ! No need to explain that I’m easily goaded into arguments ! Truth be told I have a lot of respect for Elias and his camp and his accomplishments , If we meet again great if not that’s ok too ! I know he’ll go far .

I’m 200 percent focused on louiseau and pumped to fight in the AFC again ! I’m planning on giving the fans a hell of a scrap

16. Confucianism says:

I think many are underestimating Owen Carr. Remember he beat up a hyped Tyler Davis. So, are they both good fighters or not?

17. Jerobe says:

Not that I’m a Tyler Davis fan but Owen won a split decision against him in 2010. Tyler has drastically improved since then. A 2013 fight between the 2 of them will have Davis winning a UD

18. Jeremy says:

@laughy guy. You haven’t seen me on much probably cause ibdont always comment on here but when I do its rarely worth while but im from thunder bay and word gets out quick so I spilt the beans and jeremy aint my real name. :)

19. Confucianism says:

Even with his career slowing down, Loiseau will make quick work of Kent. Staying retired wkd have been a smarter move than taking this fight. I do really hope he thinks he can win rather than it being an ‘honour’ to fight the crow

20. Mike kent says:

I would never take a fight I didn’t feel I could win , I have no other motive to fight besides loving it, the fact is it is an honor to fight the crow he’s an Mma legend an pioneer. That doesn’t mean in gonna show up as a fan and not fighter. I’m coming to win an get my career on track. I have more to offer then my last years results in Mma has been and I hope this I the fight that shows it !

See u there

21. G.O says:

I dont think the crow is going to make short work of Kent i believe Kent will be ready to fight and outside of a crazy move landing i think it’ll be a fun fight.

22. G.O says:

Also cant believe I’m even adding my 2 cents to this but Jeremy if O’neill is going through life issues who are you to “spill the beans” about it? thats a dick thing to do, You and Just laughable are both dicks.

23. snyper mcgrath says:

Mike Kent. You guys all hated him a year ago and learned to love him. He is a great guy and a man. He has had some pressures to fight recently as a main eventer and did so through injury mind you to keep the show going.

Look for a relaxed Mike this fight.

He will give the Crow and fight.

24. juss sayin... says:

the spartan comes off as really full of himself

Does anyone know if the flooding affected the Telus Convention Centre at all?

26. Are these amateur bouts still going forward despite being currently illegal?

27. MAD, apparently calgary has amateur legislation written into their commission making it legal

28. Only according to them though. They are basing it on the fact the Unified Rules of MMA have an amateur rule set.

But since the law changed, provincial legislation rather than city legislation is needed.

29. Darren Owen says:

Telus Convention Centre was not affected whatsoever by the flooding.

30. mike kent says:

who would thumbs down that the arena where event is taking place wasn’t damaged and the event will carry on ? fucking morons

31. Marcus Ossoduro Vinicius says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 5 Thumb down 17

32. Marcus Ossoduro Vinicius says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 3 Thumb down 15

33. Marcus Ossoduro Vinicius says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 16

34. Josh Machan says:

Advin also took the fight on short notice coming back from a knee injury. He won with no controversy by a wicked arm bar. I don’t see the reason for a rematch.

35. Marcus Ossoduro Vinicius says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 2 Thumb down 16

36. AMLEHTC says:

Sour grapes much there Marcus

37. AMLEHTC says:

Excuses are like buttholes Marcus….you’re a butthole

38. Marcus Ossoduro Vinicius says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 17

39. You sure don’t come off as very intelligent.

You sound like a baby.

Fine, you’re ashamed of your performance. Get back in the gym, stay active and win more fights.

Maybe talk less, and you’ll be better off?

Most wars are won by armies fighting when the odds are on their side.

41. Marcus Ossoduro Vinicius says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 1 Thumb down 11

42. Advin Omic says:

Wow Marcus you’re a peice of work…fair enough homie, you wanna kick my ass come try, if there’s a promoter out there who’d like to set this up, this bitch is gonna knock ur ass out this time, let’s do this.

43. Josh Machan says:

Its gonna be embarrassing markus, being on Advin’s highlight real twice!

44. Vlad says:

Advin, let your management decide who and where to fight. If you really want to be a pro fighter, not just a local hero. Who cares who call you what , you gonna fight everyone who talks shit? Stay classy my friend you are on a good path.

45. Well said Vlad, don’t feed the trolls.

46. Kyle Stoltz says:

My two cents Mike shouldn’t of taken either one of these fights. You have big heart/balls for taking them though. Good luck on both fights.

47. Mike kent says:

Thanks Kyle ……. I think lol

48. Kyle Stoltz says:

I also think someone said Elias is looking for a fight. I know someone interested.

49. Mike kent says:

Kyle would you have let luke fought joe or loiseau ?

Just curious

50. Kyle Stoltz says:

Luke has trained with David so they don’t want to fight each other. Joe if it was the right opportunity yes. But that opportunity would have to be in the UFC or have a UFC blessing saying when you win you will get a contract. Have to weight risk vs. reward and to me anyone fighting Joe or David that is not a big stage vet like them better have huge rewards for a win and that is beyond financial pay for the fight. Fighting either guy without huge experience or a guarantee if you win of a big push up is a big risk. There both still VERY good fighters. But if either guy would agree to a catch weight between 70 and 85 I would put Hornbuckle in with either in a New York minute.