Legends MMA Series 1 – Edmonton – April 19

legendsDate: April 19, 2013
Venue: Ramada Event Centre in Edmonton, Alberta
Tickets: Legends Training Centre or (780) 990-0996

Amateur Fights:
170lbs- Matthew Reeves (0-0) vs. Stephen Forde (0-0)

225lbs- Dave Olson (0-0) vs. TBA
135lbs- Emmanuel Angelo (0-0) vs. TBA
145lbs- Michael Hay (0-0) vs. TBA
155lbs- Dalton Doyle (0-0) vs. TBA
145lbs- Josh Balbar (0-0) vs. TBA
155lbs- Keenan Hachey (0-0) vs. TBA
145lbs- Kyle Dillion (0-0) vs. TBA
185lbs- Andrew Marsden (0-0) vs. TBA
135lbs- Justin LaFrance (0-2) vs. TBA

33 Responses to “ Legends MMA Series 1 – Edmonton – April 19 ”

1. Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 11 Thumb down 30

2. AMLEHTC says:

Who does the sanctioning?

3. Donald Duck says:

Wait, that’s my line.

Hey Kevin, who’s sanctioning this?

Donnie

4. Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 8 Thumb down 24

5. Donald Duck says:

So this isn’t a sanctions event.

Thanks for being honest.

Donnie

6. Donald Duck says:

So this isn’t a sanctioned event.

Thanks for being haonest.

Donnie

7. MMA News Stand says:

Heads up people, as a previous member of Legends and the way I & others were treated I don’t see this working out well as I do feel not many people care to work with Legends staff for certain reasons.

In my opinion I won’t be supportive of this bs.

8. Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 9 Thumb down 26

9. K.Rasmuss says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 6 Thumb down 20

10. Just Laughable says:

the way i see it,, losing money with MFC so why not run a show where you dont have to pay anyone and just charge for admission, drinks, merchandise etc …… is there any other reason any one would run a strictly amateur show unless of course your gonna have free admission.

11. t.r.o.n says:

Its really too bad about Legends, i understand its a very nice facility but all i hear from former employee’s and member of this gym is negative. But i guess none of that matters cause they are still in business…

12. Anyway back to the amateur athletes.. We need more events in Edmonton that Amateur MMA athletes can improve their skills with less chance of getting seriously hurt. That is all what we are trying to do. With more athletes getting involved with amateur MMA it will help their development in ALL the gyms in Edmonton. So maybe some day beginners can train with amateur athletes. Not going into the ring or cage and getting beat to a pulp by experienced pro fighters every day. Developing pro fighters should be a long process. We are just just trying to do our part. If you are a gym out there lets get together and work to develop all amateurs in all gyms. All gyms logos will be on the event poster. Give me a shout. Or we can meet in a neutral location where we can spray holy water on each other just in case we catch something from each other. Just joking. Don’t read more in to it I am seriously joking. Think it’s clear now.

13. Legends Critic says:

Hi folks I just wanted to put in my 2 cents regarding legends and their employees! I will be the first to say that I was once a very proud member for this organization until being treated like absolute garbage. I will also say that it is a great idea what Kevin is doing but from past experience this guy also does NOTHING for free. This organization cares only (or mostly) about the cash flow and not so much on the actual members it retains. I was ripped off for roughly $700 by these guys and I know about 10-12 people that had the exact same problem!! Again this is a great idea for the amateur fighters and i hope it takes off but please be aware of the dudes that are running it.

14. mike kent says:

I think its a great idea and its awesome to give amateur fighters a place to learn and fight without elbows, head kicks, GNP and other things that people that are a little inexperienced get hurt bad with when they fight pro for lack of amateur fights.

All the people that are hating on legends if you have a real gripe why not post who you are . Arguments and valid points just seem dismissible when you wont even put your name behind it ?

Getting ripped off for 700-1000 dollars seems like a legit and valid reason to come on here and say im so and so and I was ripped off. If not it just seems like anonymous bashing.

I don’t know if there a good or bad gym just would like sources when someone runs anyone down . Legends critic isn’t a source

15. Who is sanctioning these fights?

I remember reading something about MMABC being the sanctioning body for this event but I can’t find where I read it, maybe it’s not 100% confirmed yet… MMABC is run by Bill Mahood and Andy Social, they were the ones who sanctioned the Aggression “Make Me A Fighter” Finale and it seemed like a well run event from what I saw.

Unfortunately there’s no new info on the website and they need a name change to reflect that they’re going to be working in Alberta as well!

17. MMA Freak says:

Boxing gyms do have some really good tourneys and fight cards but the boxing side of things is more family aimed and they really stick together like a group on most issues.

I don;t see the 2 people running this show or tourney getting any local support due to the rif in the communtiy plain and simple.

If a group other than these 2 went this route sucess would be more likely.

18. Fighter says:

What’s wrong with Bill Mahood and Andy Social?
    Both are interested in bettering the sport of MMA.
    It makes way more sense to have these two involved instead of some city offical that has no clue at all about the sport and is more worried about politics than the saftey of fighters.

19. Dan101 says:

This is a good thing for Mma in Edmonton and to my knowledge, Bill Mahood will have Alberta amateur Mma set up the same as Mmabc and it will be properly sanctioned.

Personally I think Kevin is a great guy but I am very confused as to why he would team up with Pavelich on this, take one step forward and then ten back, this is nuts!

A good idea gone bad instantly

20. KHachey says:

Why does it seem no matter what the MMA community is constantly bashing on one another, is there really any reason to say the negative things your saying, everyones got a grudge against someone, but these guys here are clearly trying to do a good thing for there amateurs, this isn’t a whine about what gym you like/dislike forum its promoting a small fight card. Can we put our gripes aside and focus on whats good for the new members of our beloved sport, Kevin’s setting something up that i don’t see any other gyms doing, or anyone else for that matter. someones making an effort, and its not any of you so how about we keep negative comments to ourselves, and possibly enjoy a good amateur show? is it really that hard??

21. AMLEHTC says:

Wouldn’t it make more sense for a promotion to put in the card as opposed to a gym doing and more than likely looking to score wins for their guys? You’re talking about helping amateurs, how about we get a proper amateur mma sanctioning body and continue to get promotions to do it?

22. Jared McComb says:

I like legends training center.

23. Legends Critic says:

Again I need to say that this is a great idea and I HOPE it takes off because its a great opportunity for a lot of the guys/girls starting out I just wanted to let folks know about the greasy business many many people know them for in the past. Whether I put my name on here or not is irrelevant! Just trying to pass on some info so people can be aware of!

24. Legends Critic says:

and Jared I find you very handsome

25. Doctor MMA says:

Well this sounds good however having the pro/ammy cards in Edmonton instead is actually safer as the pro cards have proper doctors & medical staff on site to help out if needed. I am not sure how medically safe a Ammy full card would be as the pro cards provide the proper medical staffing and the ammys on the card benefit properly. I see this full ammy card being bush league with a first aid persons as your medical staff.

26. Jared McComb says:

Oh critic I’m blushing

27. Smart Call says:

GO TBA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. PUCK says:

Thats why soon Canada will have laws in place for AMMA.

29. Truth says:

@top Mma news

Is this event still happening?

30. Town says:

Event happening next weekend ?

31. Matt says:

I HOPE not for my sport

32. AMLEHTC says:

It’s not your sport Matt, quiit being a sad sack with a holier than though attitude