ECC 17: Rise of Champions – Halifax – May 11

ecc1Date: May 11th, 2013
Venue: Halifax Forum in Halifax, Nova Scotia
TV:
Tickets: TicketPro

Fight Card:
185lbs- Mike Kent (9-1) vs. Elias Theodorou (6-0)
***Middleweight Title Fight

145lbs-Jesse Gross (7-3) vs Tristan Johnson (8-3)
155lbs-Pat Carroll (0-1) vs Zack Quinlan (0-0)
155lbs-Ken Macleod (0-4) vs.”Judo” Jon Williams (4-5)
145lbs-Brian Johnson (0-1) vs Tyler Lee (0-1)
135lbs-Dylan Mercer (0-0) vs Robin Smith (0-0)
150lbs-Morteza Shashi (0-1) vs Josh Walker (1-1)
180lbs-Chad Symonds (0-0) vs Matt Heim (1-3)

Exhibition Mauy Thai
Mike Malott vs. Coel Peach

95 Responses to “ ECC 17: Rise of Champions – Halifax – May 11 ”

1. Although not confirmed for fight the card could also see Coel Peach, Pat Carroll, Ken MacDougall, Mike Malott, Kyle Sanford, Tyler Lee, Sebastian O’Malley, Matt Heim, Ryan Conner, Dylan Mercer, Chad Symonds and Gabriel Vinneau.

2. cj says:

tell dugay to step up and fight a decent calibre fighter, judo john with all due respect is very low level.

3. mike Kent says:

ECC is putting on great show after show and giving a platform for fighters in Atlantic to fight on consistenly. Props to my coach and friend peter martell for investing his time and money in eastern canadas talent and bringing in big named out of town fighters like gross and Romero to challenge them .

4. 100% agree with you Mike. Nice to see Halifax getting some great matchups thanks to Martell.

5. will romero says:

Dont know why my name is on that card when ive never even heard of or been offered to fight on that show. Ive been offered no contract by word or on paper by my manager or by ECC at all in the past in regards to fighting on that date.

6. Peter Martell says:

I am sorry Will. That is a preliminary poster I sent to my promo team yesterday with the understanding that I was working on setting that fight up. Again my apologies.

Peter Martell
    ECC

7. Removed Will Romero’s name from the card.

8. mike kent says:

LOL at people thiumbs down ! Whens the last time somebody else has brought a show in halifax and took the risk with their own $. Not only is the ECC giving all the maritimes gyms a place to fight but also are bringing in great big named fighters like Lyndon Whitlock, Syd Barrnier , Stephane Pelletre , now jesse gross. Three shows within three month is huge for MMA fans in nova scotia and for all the fighters dying to fight.

9. Blah says:

Haters gonna hate Mike!

10. HUGE AARON MYERS FAN says:

GET AARON MYERS ON THIS CARD

11. Snyper Mcgrath says:

Big props the ECC for continually being the only promotion to take a chance in a small market like Halifax. Remember TJ Grant and Hollett started off in the ECC.

Keep up the good work Pete

12. Conan says:

Haha I love how Peter has advertised on his last to posters that he had tittle fights and they never happened and now he puts fighters on his poster that are not even on the card lol PETER MARTEL is the biggest dirt ball in mma .

13. mike kent says:

I think i had everything to do with the last title fight not happening and he just said it was a match up they were trying to get and they posted it. Peter isnt the least bit sleazy AT ALL . Putting on an event in halifax is not an easy job at all. There commision isnt quite as strict as ontarios but very , very strict and peter constantly gets curve balls thrown at him. When you put on shows things change like my injury which cancelled the title fight and other proposed match ups fall through

Look what happened to peter rodly in his last show. He tried to put on a great fight and it completly collapsed. Its easy to throw all the blame on someone but thats not always the case.

Peters not just some money hungry scum bag out to make a dollar and believe me if you knew halifax you would know that isnt the case . MMA in N.S is so hit or miss your risk going broke with each show. Hes a martial artist, BJJ Black belt and a great coach. He puts on these shows so his fighters have a chance to perform. FURTHEST THING FROM SHADY OR A SCUM BAG.

If you want to share your feelings with peter feel free to pop by his gym any night he will be there training and coaching conan

14. Conan says:

I’m pretty sure the commission has nothing to do with advertising tittle fights and putting guys on his poster that are not even fighting . Jhon fintch is a free agent maybe Peter can put him on the poster as well . He’s a jk

P.s I have trained at his gym

15. mike kent says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 7 Thumb down 19

16. Conan says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 16

17. Snyper Mcgrath says:

Conan. With the attitude you are displaying, I guess your time training at Titans was very short lived. You are the guy who wouldn’t be able to handle the rigors of training at Titans.

Quit hiding and be a man.

Peter Mcgrath

18. cj says:

Put Hill and Ronson on this card!!!!

19. Gnp says:

I agree with cj !!!Put Hill and Ronson on any card…..its worth seeing!!!!

20. jeremy josey says:

i’d like to see SYD BARNIER vs JOSH HILL for the title

21. mike kent says:

FUCK I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHO THIS GUY IS ??? STOP BEING A COWARD AND SAY WHO YOU ARE ITS SOOOO EASY !!!! U ARE GOING TO CALL A GYM FULL OF FIGHTERS PUSSYS BEHIND A SCREEN NAME LIKE A COWARD. MAN UP YOU LITTLE PUNK !

22. mike kent says:

its not like were gang members and are going to come and beat you up lol i dont street fight , i dont think anyone from our gym would hit someone outside of competing , its just about having enough respect for yourself that when you say something to put your name behind it , If you cant do that then you have a extremly sad life.

I could never imagen spending time tearing down a fighter or a whole organization and gym of fighters behind a made up name and getting any satisfaction out of that. Just say who u are and then you can atleast have a ounce of dignity .

23. BDC says:

CAPS LOCK ENGAGED

24. Main Attraction says:

Hi Conan,

I train at Titans MMA, 174 Horseshoe Lake Dr., Halifax (Bayers Lake), Nova Scotia, Canada.

You are more than welcome to come in anytime, 7 days a week to express yourself. I’m there everyday.

Sincerely,

Mike Malott

25. Conan says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 6 Thumb down 16

26. mike Kent says:

Hahahhahahahahh

27. Sgt. Detective says:

1.Conan says:
    March 15, 2013 at 9:27 pm
    1.I don’t know who you are mike malott I have never heard of you do you train mma ? And I’m not aloud to train there anymore because I ko Peter about 3 years ago when we where sparring and he said I’m never aloud to go back .

Conan says:
    March 14, 2013 at 12:56 pm
    Of course he apologized haha he got caught lying again . And I love how Peter treats fighters when they come from out of town . Ya he’s a great guy

1.Conan says:
    March 14, 2013 at 12:05 pm
    P.s I have trained at his gym

1.Conan says:
    March 14, 2013 at 11:37 am

1.Allen hope says:
    February 20, 2013 at 11:27 am
    For ones in my life I agree with you mike haha I’m not saying you never won and I’m not saying you never did what you needed to do to get the win I’m just looking at it from a diffent view . Well we are planing a show for July 6 in Yarmouth but I won’t be fighting on that card . And plus I have a agreement with the mariner center that I’m the only person that is aloud to hold fights there . Since I did that last show there’s been lots of guys calling and asking if they could hold a mma event there and they have said no and I already no Peter has tried .

1.Allen hope says:
    February 20, 2013 at 10:47 am
    Sounds to me there was lots of confusion and I personely don’t blame either fighter I think there should have been a new contract written up and sighed by both fighters after they agreed on new terms . If they both sighed to fight at 185 for a 5 round fight and it was changed to a 195 catch weight fight not for a tittle and no new contract was written up that means the NSBA sanctioned a eligal fight because all pro fights need to have a contract in place that’s why we have contracts . I personely think it should be a nc .

28. mike Kent says:

Weird that they both. Say allowed as aloud , also put haha in middle of sentences and also spell title as tittle . Odd coincedence . Especially when Allen has a known grudge with me and has been very outspoken about his dislike for titans and peter. Weird for sure

29. Allen hope says:

Lol good work boys you got me all figured out . If I had something to say about mike kent or Peter I would have no problem telling them to there face . Don’t be mad at me because somebody thinks you guys are idiots .

30. Snyper Mcgrath says:

Funny you dropped in on this thread so deep.

31. Allen hope says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 1 Thumb down 14

32. Mike kent says:

I could really care less at this point It’s just a weird coincidence , it’s just bulkshit that someone will say those things about our coach and hie behind a screen name as well as call a whole club full of great fights pussies .

33. Snyper Mcgrath says:

Perhaps the good Sgt.Detective can inquire and find another detective and analyize the writing style between Conan and Allen.

theer certainly appears to be a lot of similiarities in spelling, punctuation, wouldn’t you agree Allen?

34. Snyper Mcgrath says:

KENT VS HOPE ECC 82. GERIATRIC WAREFARE

35. Allen hope says:

I’m pretty sure everybody knows I don’t like kent and I have no problem writing on here or telling it to his face and I could care less about who trains at peters gym . And if I have something to say to anyone trust me I would say it to them . So if anybody would like to talk to me about this message me on Facebook and I will give you my number and we can talk . Have a good day :)

36. Allen hope says:

@snyper who are you

37. Snyper Mcgrath says:

Peter Mcgrath

38. Allen hope says:

@snyper you have far to much time on your hands .

39. Snyper Mcgrath says:

You are correct. At work.

40. Conan says:

Hahaha

41. @ClinchCraig says:

Duguay hasn’t fought in almost 2 years. Williams might not be at the top level but he’s a capable fighter and took Duguay into the 3rd when they fought.
    Can one of the Titan’s guys tell me where Mike Murphy is? I thought he was gonna wreck some people at 145lbs but he’s been out 2 years now.

42. Mike kent says:

Murphy blew his knee out a few years ago, training again now but is living in b.c

43. LOL says:

get Hudson on this card, any heavyweights in Halifax?

44. @clinchcraig says:

That’s too bad Mike, thanks for the info.

45. Mike Malott says:

Licensed fighters interested in competing at this event please email: mmalott@extremecagecombat.ca

46. Mma guy says:

Mr. Allen fuckin hope

47. Lenny wheeler says:

Yeah big thanks to Peter for giving a lot of guys opp to fight in the maritimers. Ppl talk but at the end of the day the east coast records are starting to speak for them selves. EAST COAST

UPDATE: Added Mike Kent vs. Elias Theodorou for Middleweight Title

49. BOOBOO says:

GREAT TEST FOR 2 TALENTED FIGHTERS . I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO MIKE , HE HAS NOT SHYED AWAY FROM GREAT FIGHTS LATELY AND I HOPE YOU STAY HEALTHY AND HAVE A GREAT FIGHT . THIS ONE SHOULD BE AWESOME .

HOW COME TUCKER VS GROSS AINT HAPPENING ? WAS NT THAT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN LAST TIME FOR THE 145 TITLE . I THINK THAT FIGHT NEEDS TO HAPPEN CAUSE ALOT OF US WERE WANTING TO SEE THIS FIGHT LAST TIME. TRISTAN IS A GREAT FIGHT FOR JESSE ALSO BUT NOW . WHO ARE THEY GONNA BRING IN TO FIGHT GAVIN ?

HOW BOUT THE HAGGIS BASHER ?

50. Shane BTP Mountney says:

That’s a great step up in competition for Kent…I’ve seen Elias fight 4 times live…he’s very skilled tough and athletic…this will be an awesome fight…wish I could be there live for this one!