Ryan Ford Ready To Put on Show for Edmonton on March 23

Ryan Ford(Aggression Fighting Championship Press Release)
Once again Edmonton’s most notorious fighter Ryan Ford will be fighting in his backyard on AFC 17 “Anarchy” March 23 at the Shaw Conference Centre. Ford went undefeated in 2012 with his last 2 wins coming under the Bellator banner. He will take on a dangerous Bellator vet in Brendan Tierney. Who’s yet to go the distance
in any of his 14 professional fights and 8 of his 10 wins have come via submission. Tierney trains out of Arizona Combat Sports along side such notables as Ryan Bader, CB Dolloway and Seth Baczynski . Tierney will travel from the hot desert of Arizona to a cold hostile territory in Edmonton Alberta.

As for Ford, he’s packed his bags and heading to Montreal for his training camp at Tri-Star where he’ll be pushed to his limits by fellow welterweight sparring partners Georges St. Pierre, Rory MacDonald and Alex Garcia.

As always we can expect to see the ultra aggressive style of Ford as he always looking to finish his opponents. Ford was asked what it means to him to fight for the AFC in his hometown.

He responded, “Man it feels really good to fight for AFC in my home town, it’s been over a year since I have been able to put on for my city live! My fans can expect nothing but The Real Deal come fight night! Aggressive, explosive & exiting from start to finish when I step in that cage! GDUP”

AFC exec Harvey Panesar added, “It’s kind of cliché but Ryan Ford is the Read Deal. We’re so excited to be able to bring him back to Edmonton and have him pack the house with his friends and family. There’s always an electric feeling in the building when Ryan fights and to be able to bring in a tough opponent in Tierney, the fans are going to be the big winner in this one.”

AFC 17 also features a World Light-Heavyweight title fight between Tim Chemelli versus Razak Al-Hassan and two highly anticipated fights where Sheldon Wescott takes on Season 16 TUF alum Nic Herron-Webb out of Alaska and hometown fan favorite Stephen “Big Bad” Beaumont looks to take a step toward regaining his Lightweight title when he clashes with Sabah “The Persian Warrior” Fadai.

Tickets for all of this action are available through www.AgressionFC.com or by calling 780.426.SOLD

33 Responses to “ Ryan Ford Ready To Put on Show for Edmonton on March 23 ”

1. Sevak says:

Another easy 1st round win for Ford. A nice tune up fight before Belletor.

2. BigDaddyKane99 says:

That’s why this guy is going no place fast, fighting nobodies

3. RickyBobby says:

this could end up like another David Hulett… who was brought in to get smashed like this guy coming off KO Loss…didnt end well, id love to see Ford against somebody that can push his career forward, not a stupid fight for him with nothing to gain and a lot to lose… he must be getting old now, and a set back like this could damage his career… hope he wins GDUP the real deal is one of my fav edmonton fighters next to Mukai Maromo

4. Ryan Ford says:

Lol at the shit talkers always on my case like I choose who I want to fight

TRUST me when I say this I always ask for HARD fights and guys with Names at the end of the day no one wants to fight me you think it is easy and guys are lining up to fight me?? Ask the promoters who I have fought for I am down 2 get down with anyone.

If I got a win for everyone who said they would fight me & then changed their mind I would be 70-4 LOL

I laugh at you guys who say fights are easy Everyone has a chance when they step in for battle Just like RickyBobby said look at Hullet I should and beat that guy 9 out of 10x and that was the 1x he beat me.

You think I go into a fight thinking my opponent is a easy fight?? Not a fuckin chance every fight is tough I don’t give a shit what anyone says if you have stepped in the ring or cage you know what Im talking about but if you haven’t all you are looking at it paper stats and that don’t mean shit.

5. Ryan Ford says:

And another thing I am THAT GUY who is willing to take RISKS.

I have a family to feed and that means I have to fight. In order to provide for them I have to fight I don’t just do this for me I have 3 other people to feed beside myself.

Im a FIGHTER

6. Fans says:

BRENDAN TIERNEY ranked #403 in the world vs RYAN FORD ranked #48 in the world.

Am I the only one confused here on what’s going on here?

7. Idolmaker says:

Fuck the rankings!!! I’m a Ryan Ford fan, just stfu about rankings, and watch that boy fight. I’m not a Westcott fan, but stfu and let him fight. AFC puts on great shows, they’re good guys, and they do it well. Feel blessed that this community in ab only has one dirtbag promoter. Keep up the great work AFC!!! Can I have signed gloves from Ryan now… Haha jk.

I would pay to see Ryan Ford fight anyone anytime.

Dude is a fighter’s fighter man. Performs like an animal every time. And gets better and better.

9. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Im so sick of everybody jumpin on every fighter that they think…fights cans or its to big of fight or step up in competition…its a fight…plain and simple…and the any given sunday rule applies…you bust Fords chops because you think hes fighting cans…you try ans take away Robins last victory or the fight he was gonna have with boyd…because he has some experience…then on the flip side…you bust my chops and jump all over Craig… because he took 2 tough fights on a weeks notice…you trolls/keyboard warriors…what ever you wanna call yourselves…are fucked…you have no idea what it takes physically…and mentally to play this game

10. JJ says:

BTP manages to get the WarDog’s name in again!

11. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 2 Thumb down 14

12. Jamie Locke says:

BTP…..Makes….WARDOG….Famous….

13. mike kent says:

lol whats wrong with this fight. They NEED bellators approval so their limited and its not like Ryans fighing someone with a losing record for god sakes hes fighting another fighter signed to bellator thats 10-4 . Whats wrong with that . The guys good. Fords returning home to put on a show for his fans and his naysayers. Love him or hate him you have to admit that fords a wrecking machine and personally one of my favorite fighters to watch. Hes a beast

14. Demitri (trev) says:

Shane – did you nickname yourself “btp”?

15. Jerobe says:

Ford don’t handpick his opponents. He aint no Westcott. Ford will fight ANYONE. Sapo is a fucking animal and Ford knocked his ass out with no fear. If they offered Ford a fight with Mein or Steele he would take that too. Ford has a tough road ahead of him in Belletor, like any other Belletor fighter. Ford is the man. Straight up.

16. I don’t think it was mentioned here but Top MMA News heard a month ago that Bristol Marunde was supposed to be Ford’s opponent and that Bellator needed to approve it. Ford already had approved that fight and judging by Ryan Ford’s tweets, Marunde backed out of the fight. Bottom line: Ford is willing to fight tough opponents.

@Jerobe…Westcott is fighting a tough opponent on the same card that Ford is fighting Tierney. I think Herron-Webb is tougher opponent than Tierney although others may disagree. Let’s give Westcott a break.

17. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 4 Thumb down 16

18. JJ says:

I hope when I’m 40 something my friends and family would tell me to stop using a stupid nickname from 1997…

19. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 5 Thumb down 17

20. Puck says:

Oh I think its crazy! really, as he (Ford) would woop lots of UFC guys. And he is fun to watch wich I thought is what the UFC is all about? I want to come to Edmonton just to see him in person and try to get an autograph before he gets real famous! lol Your the man Ryan keep it up!

21. BigDaddyKane99 says:

403 in the world versus a guy who is 48 in the world, sounds good http://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-search/?fName=Brendan+Tierney&sa=Search%21

22. BigDaddyKane99 says:

People will see when Ford steps up to fight real guys in the top 50 he will go down in flames, being a thug will only take you so far.

23. CM says:

Didn’t your son get shot in the ass trying to be a thug?

24. Fighter says:

“BigDaddyKane99″ Nice handle!!
    Haven’t you read the posts above.
    What’s Ford suppoused to do??? Not fight anyone ranked over 50???? Not fight in his hometown becuase you call him a thug???
    Everyone on here knows he’s fighting a lower ranked fighter. Come to the table with something new, not the same old regurgitated bullshit about Ford.
    Myself, as a consumer, I can’t wait to see him fight again. He’s the main reason why I’ll attend this card.

25. Fighter says:

Is “BigDaddyKane99″ make-up boy???

26. BigDaddyKane99 says:

Ford is to hate he’s screwed over everyone.

27. Darren Owen says:

BigDaddyKane99 says:
    March 1, 2013 at 3:07 pm
    Kb Bular is ready for the M.F.C, hes wasteing his time fighting for the three stooges , Larry, Moe, and Curley who have him on the rails of a slow moveing train heading towards palookaville.

Mma police says:
    March 1, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I think having 2 screen names discredits your biased opinions

28. Idolmaker says:

Ford is a product, with a shelf life. He knows that, and he’s made excellent moves to advance himself. He’s got a good family, he’s got a good work ethic, he’s got a strong business sense, that far override a shitty background. The only way a man can prove himself, is over time. He’s doing that, and well. In your eyes he may have screwed you over Pav, but 99% of us on here(I’m certain), won’t fault him for wanting to leave you as soon as he could. Your not likeable as a person, your not likeable as a promoter, your promotion isn’t very likeable as well. You’ll see, your day is coming.

29. Diggin says:

Pavelich strikes again, how dumb can you be!? Two screen names and the same comment

AFC is the best organization in Canada, dumbass

30. Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 2 Thumb down 13

31. Darren Owen says:

I’m the one who doesn’t hide behind multiple screen names because I don’t have anything to hide. Do you actually think that anyone believes that you didn’t accidently post the same thing from 2 different screen names? Maybe the Spanx are too tight and cutting of the circulation to you diluted brain or maybe the eyeliner got in your eyes and blurred your vision. Either way you’re making yourself look pathetic.

Hair dye causes dementia.

33. Brendan Tierney Fan says:

Ryan……Brendan Tierney was on the verge of making the UFC when he was the victim of a lucky punch last Fall. He trains everyday with Seth Baczynski and he holds his own. BT has knockout power in both hands, is very tall with a big reach, excellent BJJ.and he is being cornered by Cain Velasquez’s cillege wrestling coach. Closing my eyes, I make Ford a 2-1 favorite. If Ford isn’t on his game, he could get clipped or submitted. Hope its a great fight! These guys bust their asses fir scraps. I’d be shocked if Ford is making more than $5k to fight and $5k to win.