ECC 15 Carnage Quick Results: Kent stops Krahn

ECC Logo

ECC Logo

Derek Leblanc is cageside in Halifax, Nova Scotia for ECC 15:Carnage tonight. Here are his quick results:

Mike Kent defeats Cody Krahn by TKO (Ground and Pound) in Round 4, 1:46
Syd Barnier defeats Stephane Pelletier by split decision 48-47 (Pelletier), 48-47 (Barnier), 49-46 (Barnier)
Gavin Tucker submits Lyndon Whitlock by Rear Naked Choke in Round 3, 2:27
Jerome Wilson submits Matt Heim by Guillotine in Round 1, :51
Aaron Myers defeats Chester Post by TKO (elbows) in Round 2, 4:08 (Post announced his retirement after the fight)
Maverick Cowx defeats Travis Lee by TKO (ref stoppage) in Round 1, 2:40
__________________________________

________________________

129 Responses to “ ECC 15 Carnage Quick Results: Kent stops Krahn ”

1. Chester says:

ClinchCraig, thanks for the kind words.I’ve been fortunate and honoured to be able to compete against a lot of top talent. I’ve also gotten to meet a lot of nice people and watch young guys turn into superstars. Although I did go out on a losing note (a very long losing not,lol) I don’t consider myself a loser because of all the knowledge and experiences mma (teams, coaches, fighters, promoters) has given to me. I’ll still be cheerin on all of the mma scene. To the “haters” out there, I understand where you come from and the fact that you’re passionate enough to voice your opinions is much respected. I’m sorry I won’t have any new material for you though. Thanks to everyone out there. Saturday had some amazing fights regardless of the controversies. Thanks everyone.

2. CanMMA says:

Nobody told either fighter that it was changed to a 3 round, so there goes the “assuming” again.
    Probably not a good thing to hop into the cage and “assume” things when both fighters show up to try and kill each other.

3. booboo says:

I HONESTLY BELIEVE YOU BOTH AND SORRY FOR ANY DISRESPECT MIKE . WHAT A CLUSTERFLUCK OF A SITUATION. THE ONLY WINNER OF THAT FIGHT IS REGARDLESS OF OUT COME IS NO ONE , WHAT DISRESPECT TO BOTH FIGHTERS. WHAT GARBAGE! ( MIKE YOU DID WIN FAIR AND SQUARE THOUGH AND YOU DID YOUR PART )

4. Teddy Ash says:

Props to all the fighters last night that fought! a bunch of great hard fought fights, hats off to those victorious and not.. theyre may have been some bs with the commision and whatnot, buut that ghetto little venue was sick and i liked the environment and energy in that place last night! fuck the commision, the contracts, and all that shit, the fighters showed up and banged it out and it was sick! respect to all the fighters last night

5. OttawaMMA says:

Yeah, the venue was ghetto but it had great fight atmosphere. Used to be a venue for kickboxing in the 80’s.

6. Mike kent says:

So boo boo the only winner of that fight was nobody but I won fair and square lol ? What ?

7. Xoman says:

Peter Martel is slim bag and everybody knowns he’s in good with the nsba and I bet if kent was winning the first 3 rds it would have only been a 3rd fight .

8. CanMMA says:

It wasn’t ever supposed to be a 3 round fight. Regardless of what was going to happen it was a 5 round fight. They clearly announced that at the beginning of the show. Ask anyone who was there.

9. Cody Krahn says:

Lots of people still thought it was a title fight too. I stayed backstage for almost entirely all of the card so I never herd that jagoff of a ring announcer mention that. I would’ve though we both would have had to agree to it being a 5 round non-title fight. The whole experience was a cluster-fuck.

10. Cody Krahn says:

Even after we agreed to a catchweight ECC released the fight poster promoting our fight for the MW strap.

11. Xoman says:

Sounds like mike kent always has a advantage when he fights on the east coast . Was martel in his corner ?

12. conspiracy_theory says:

Out of towners always get the shaft in the ECC. Anyone remember McKay winning the LW title by an up kick on Krysa? Martell always bends things for his guys. Never fails.

13. Kyle Stoltz says:

Fighting for this promotion vs. Kent was a risk in the first place in my opinon. I discussed this option once with Luke and it was like if you don’t knock him out or rip his arm off, god knows what will happen with judges or what not. I have guys fight for 5-7 promotions total as bs happens in the smaller ones alot. Just not worth the risk fighting in most smaller shows.

On a flip side I still think this all should of been discussed prior. A fight goes from a 185 pound title to 195 pounds catch if I was the manager first question would be so not for title then? Then of course next question so 3 rounds then? If I got all yes’s to those questions too many changes new contract should of been drawn up.

14. Chad L says:

This should be a lesson to all fighters get a real manager somebody that really looks out for you and knows the fight game because clearly this manager had no clue to what was going on . Like I said a fighter should just train and show up to fight that’s it that’s all .

15. Oilcity30 says:

Don’t think I like the new kinder BOO BOO, lol!!! Sounds like Cody got screwed bigtime props to Mike for being so profesional about it and offering rematch. Kind of FISHY though!!!!!

16. Kyle Stoltz says:

I’m a big believer in only the elite really need manager’s. If your building you way up you will most likely fight at a local show and don’t really need a manager. Just have a friend or family member help that you can 100% trust and have a lawyer who will review all contracts beyond one page bout agreements if need be. Most families know a lawyer who would probably do that for free just to make sure there is no legal jargen that might be risky to sign.

This game from the management side has changed so much. Now the top level management companies do it all and have full staffs of people for all fighter’s needs.

17. Mike kent says:

I signed up for a 5 round fight , I thought it was a five round fight and that’s what I fought , I can’t help what happened I’m sorry guys , I was advised by everyone around me not to fight and pull out and didn’t because I wanted to fight Cody , we went out and gave it everything for 4 rounds and now everyone is causing shit , I just showed up and fight

Lets do it again , three rounds and 185 , that’s all I can offer , I had a fucking fractured rib and layed on my back and got my head elbowed in for three and half rounds and wasn’t able do to shit because I couldn’t even attempt a sweep or defend a takedown because of my rib , didn’t train for 3 weeks , all to put on a show , we did and Cody is the man , if it was three rounds he won and in dominating fashion , that’s not what it was and I won , sorry that was the rules that we supposedly made up

Will fight again and I’ll be a lot better fighter and so will Cody and it will be even better my next fight will be Cody ,

18. Chad L says:

Nobody is blaming you mike you did what you had to do and that was fight. It just sucks that Cody got the shitty end of the deal I mean it’s clear that the manager was treating you a lot better then he was treating Cody it’s like he wanted you to win and he just did not care about Cody . And just wondering why does this manager always have his fighters fight eachother all the time you would think it would be a conflict of interest ?

19. Xoman says:

From what I see Cody says he sighed up for a 5 rd tittle fight and mike sighed up for a 5 rd 195lb fight . It sounds like this was planed from the beginning by ecc they wanted to sell tickets so they put on the poster that it was a tittle fight but the trueth is they where never going to have it because both fighters live on the west coast and it would cost to much to fly them back in fourth and I no for a fact that mike new about this from the beginning and Cody had no clue . Like I said Peter Martel is a slim ball and he’s in good with the nsba .

20. Ty says:

Fights a fight no one got in the ring with mike and finished it for him! Good job mike! Hopefully you guys can fight again to settle it!

21. Jeff Harrison says:

Why didn’t the fighter ask it make sure he knew the rounds? I know some people like to avoid all accountability but this is rediculous. If it was a five rounder, and you think it got switched to a three rounder.. Why not just a quick question to the commission. Even if you believe that is your management’s job.. Wouldn’t you take the 30 seconds to just make sure?
    It’s too bad this cheapens the winning experience for Kent and the losing experience for Khran. It slaps a big ” but” beside the W or the L, and instead of looking at what happened in the fight and evolving it will be a non stop petty argument to the grave about who is to blame.

22. Jeff Harrison says:

Honesty I was impressed with Peter and while the production and venue was that of a b list MMA film, the fights were bad ass, with two of them hopefully affecting the top ten rankings. What impressed the hell out of Martell is he drove 30 minutes to our hotel to drop off our per dium and taxi fare to the airport at 330am cause he forgot to get it to us prior. I have been coaching and cornering professional MMA for 7 years now and have never seen a promoter go out of his way like that. Definitely not a slime ball.

23. Xoman says:

Trust me he’s a Slim ball

24. booboo says:

@KENT – YES SIR YOU WON THAT FIGHT , YOU DID EVERYTHING RIGHT SIR AND I AM NOT FAULTING YOU BY ANY MEANS . I DO THINK SOME REAL SHADY BEHIND THE DOORS BS DID HAPPEN THAT YOU WERE CLEARLY UNAWARE OF. WHEN I SAID THAT NO ONE WINS IS BECAUSE AFTER 2 YEARS OF ANTICIPATION OF THIS FIGHT AND IT ENDS IN THIS KIND OF CONTROVERSY , OUR WHOLE COMMUNITY IN MMA AS A WHO WHO SUFFERS IN THE LONG RUN. I DID NOT MEAN ANY WRONG TOWARDS YOU AND I KNOW YOU LEGITELY WON THAT FIGHT , JUST WISH THERE WAS NO CONTROVERSY AND YOUR WIN WAS CLEAN ,AND IT WAS ON YOUR PART , NOT THE PROMOTIONS THOUGH SEEMS THEY PLAYED IN THE MUD LAST NIGHT , THAT ALL, SRY FOR ANY DISRESPECT , THNX MIKE.

25. booboo says:

OH YA KENT HAS HANDLED THIS LIKE A PRO SHOULD , 2 THUMBS UP.

DAMN IT , IT FEELS LIKE I FOUND JESUS OR SOMETHING , CANT BELIEVE I DIDNT CUSS 1 TIME I THINK . lol

26. @ClinchCraig says:

booboo, since you found Jesus, you should ask him where the Caps Lock button is!

27. booboo says:

HAHA VERY FUNNY .

I DONT KNOW WHAT IM GOING TO DO WHEN I FULLY LOSE MY EYE SIGHT AND TO LET YOU KNOW IT IS ALOT EASIER FOR ME TO READ AND WRITE WITH THEM ON SO I CAN ATLEAST READ SOMETHING WITHOUT SOMEONE ALWAYS HELPING ME

DO YOU KNOW HOW DEGRADING IT GETS TO HAVE TO ASK EVERYONE TO HELP YOU ?

SO IF MY CAPS BOTHER YOU , THEN PLEASE QUIT READING MY POSTS BECAUSE I AM NOT GOING TO CHANGE FOR YOU

TMMN AND EVERYONE ELSE ON HERE WOULD PROBABLY CRAP THERE PANTS IF I STARTED USING SMALL LETTERS, THEY WOULD NOT BELIEVE IT WAS ME. TRADEMARK TOO MABE , I DONT KNOW . I JUST MAKES MY LIFE EASIER AND AFTER WHAT MY FAMILY WENT THRU THE LAST 5 WEEKS . I WILL TAKE ANYTHING EASY RIGHT NOW !

TNX FOR THE SMART–S COMMENT THOUGH , I NEEDED IT TODAY

28. Shane BTP Mountney says:

This is not BooBoo…this has to be an imposter…;)….good to read your caps again…

29. Mike kent says:

Lol @ someone calling Peter Martel a slime ball , Peter is the most giving , hard working man I ever met in my life , he has a wife 2 young kids (third on the way) and a full time job and runs a full time fight team and promotion . He is a renzo Gracie black belt as well , so hes bot some guy that just jumped into this as a quick cash grab ,he spend all of his time developing fighters and his team and it means the works to him ‘ he puts on these event because he wants to give local mms fighters a place to fight and he is the only one to ever consistently do this in Nova Scotia , most of these shows he’s lucky to break even on , he doesn’t care as long as he helps his fighters and sport !

All the fighters at his gym look at him like ra role model or father figure.

How did you say I knew about this the whole time lol , I told you that I called Peter almost 4 weeks out from the fight and told him I need a catch weight an that I was told is still a 5 rounder , there’s no conspiracy , I just told you I knew ,

Peter is the reason huge names like roger are known now and why up and coking future super stars like mike Mallot will be known , because he cares about fighters first and not $’

Shows how much u know xoman , Peter is planning on bringing me into fight 3-4 times this year , I sell a ton even for living out west so it’s feasible . The guy just has syd varrneir and Stephane on his card with no ties to n.s just beciaee it’s a great fight

And even after all the nice things I just saiid about Peter Martel I would bet my life that if xoman ever tried to tell Peter Martel that to his face he would get open handed slapped to sleep .

30. booboo says:

@BTP – I MISSED YOU TOO!

31. Kyle Stoltz says:

Can’t believe I’m going to say this but siding with Mike here.

To me it seems like Cody’s team didn’t ask the appropriate questions and made some assumptions and they guessed wrong on those assumptions and in doing so had a fighter go into a fight not knowing how many rounds he was fighting. If I have learned anything in MMA it’s don’t assume things. People that deal with me might think I ask too many questions but I never assume anymore cause when I have in MMA it’s blown up in my face. Also I over use contracts and to me it sounds like a new contract should of been demanded here cause to many things changed beyond the weight. I’m guessing this is a good lesson learned for his team as not to bust chops we all have made mistakes it’s hard not too in this sport as things are constantly changing.

About the glove situation, that’s kind of what you deal with when you deal with smaller promotions. Some guys or camps are good with random stuff like that and some not so much. If things were 100% a well oiled machine most likely that small promotion would be a larger promotion so have to expect stuff like this in smaller promotions to me.

What Mike said about the guy not making any money for the shows is probably true. I know tons of guys who run smaller shows and they run solid promotions and make nothing. It’s 100% cause they love the sport. Alot of people don’t get this. From managers, to promoters alot of people unless your big time make nothing from the job being done.

32. snyper says:

Boo boo Skidmore?

33. snyper says:

TTT for ECC. Made my dreams come true and a lot of others.

For the uninformed. The NSBC has watched my hands get taped, insructed corners to retape guys hands and has looked over my shoulder for every fighter I have taped.

Cody maybe you have tunnel vision

34. Newnamesamegame says:

There’s only 1 t in title. Every time some posts tittle, I read it as tittie. Mind you this was a catch weight, haven’t seen the vid, so it might have been a tittie fight.

35. Cody Krahn says:

Also Peter martell is a spineless fuck who stared at the ground and handed me an extra 100$ when i confronted him backstage. I talked to a bunch of fighters at the airport and they all had issues ranging from cancelled rides to the airports to not paying fighters their per diem to stay out there.

36. snyper says:

Cody. That is really disapointing to hear. Honest to god. The guy provided you with a trip out east, you fought, got paid.

No ones fault but your that you didnt know at was going on. And to call Peter spineless. I thought you had a bit of clas but I see I was wrong.

37. Cody Khran's tear duct says:

Wouldn’t your friend cheering and video taping know that it was a three round? They never let on. The only one that seemed to knoW this was Cody.. Everyone else was getting ready f

38. Cody Khran's tear duct says:

Or a fourth round

39. Cody Krahn says:

I’ve posted the video and had a crazy day and a half to go with it. I missed my flight at 6am the day after i fought, most of what I’ve wrote has been from airports/hotels I’ve been stuck at. So I’ve been agitated and angry with nothing better to dothan plug in my laptop, eat a shitty 17$ burger, AND get mildly drunk with an off duty cop! That part was actually a lot of fun by the way.

I’ve also been able to sleep probably a total of 4 hours since my fight on Saturday night because of how screwed up my flight schedule has been because of cancellations and all that bullshit. So I will let the footage speak for itself. But you will notice the ring announcer announces the fight as being at 186lbs. We both weighed in at 194, so already some fishy shit there….

As for talking shit about a promoter openly on a forum like this. Peter is the only promoter I’ve ever worked with that I would be willing to do that to. I’ve been a pain in the ass for anybody I’ve fought for but I would never try to say something to burn bridges with them because I believe if I put on good fights and maybe get a fuckin’ win or two along the way they’d be willing to have me fight for them again.

Except Peter, that’s how much of a dickbag I think he is and that’s the last I want to talk about it.

Mike’s getting married right away and I feel bad I’ve been on here bitching so much and I’m done with it. It’s hard not to get into it when your fight is the center of attention and I don’t want him feeling bad about the win. The commission out there is like a coastal Alabama and I won’t fight there again!

Andy Cotterill wrote a good article about all the bullshit at the weigh ins.

Like I said I don’t want to come on here and keep ranting about it. Mike won, he was the better fighter that night and I congratulate him on it and bitching about it won’t change my Sherdog record anyways. So I’m gonna take a few days to let my bruised up face heal and then get back in the gym and train for our rematch.

Thanks all for taking so much interest, and in the words of Cyrus from trailer park boys would say: “Fuck off, I got work to do.”

I’m going to bed.

40. Mike kent says:

Yeah i do know Martell very well and I know for a fact that he battles within the commission to get these events sanctioned , it’s a blatantl lie and straight up wrong to ever say Peter woud pay Hubert earl any money to do anything illegal , don’t smear a good mans name with blatant lies . That’s just plain wrong man .

Rob walker was at the event coaching and watching fights and also at the after party , weird that you chose this forum to say something about him and Peter and not at the event when you could have done it to his face or peters ,, says a lot about your character

41. MMA town says:

I watched fight,

Cody lost and gave up in 4th in my opinion and got tko.

The rest of the bs that shouldn’t matter as that stuff is private and from what I see your on a 3 fight losing streak and perhaps you need to re-think your training and or camp focus as to be honest your excuses are childish. We get it you weren’t treated like royalty but you do realize this is fighting now modeling.

IMO if you would have won we would have heard that show was amazing and everything was great.

We can smell ur bs from here Cody and you had time to finish fight properly and make your self a clear winner but you didn’t so by a fluke mike kent had more mojo than you and manage to beat you by tko, you weren’t defending your self as the video shows unless laying is a modern defense.

42. mike kent says:

i dont really think there is any need to bash cody for the way he fought , if what cody is saying is true and he really didnt beleive that it was a 5 round fight ( i cant see why he would lie ) then that is a huge thing to have to mentally overcome during a fight where you just gave it your all for three rounds and think that you walked away a winner only to find out your still in a fight .

I thought it was 5 rounds but im not going to sit here and pretend like i was conserving myself for the later rounds and let cody beat me , Cody whooped my ass for the first 3 rounds not even debatable.

Theres four reasons why after i cracked my rib i decided to carry on with this fight:

1) i had pulled out twice on cody already and knew that he had severly burnt a bridge with MFC to come down and fight me . it would be unfair to him to leave him again without opponent.

2) I was returning to Halifax and had sold roughly 6-8 grand worth of tickets at the time of injury and flights had been booked and i really wanted to come home and fight

3) i was fight CODY KRAHN ! me and this guy had this great fued going for a year and the only thing missing from it was and actual fight. This needed to happen.

4) cody swore up and down that he was much more powerfull, sharper and all around better then me standing and he was gonna keep this a stand up match. I was completly unabale to train the last part of this camp and the only thing i could do was go into the gym and lightly hitheavy bag and some light running . I figure if cody wasnt lying and this was a stand up war then i may be ok and have a good chance if he did take me down ( which obviuously he did ) i would be in for a bad night . i couldnt stuff a td or scramble off back because of rib and the first time i grappled since january was in the fight , not pretty.

Cody also had a injury in camp with a cut that really limited his last few weeks of training . All of these thing factored together make me think that the a second fight between us would be awesome and that it has to happen,

I think i can stuff alot of his TDs and keep it standing in a rematch and i think i could be more active in scramvbling and make it a more exciting fight , i also belive that cody could land a bomb on me or ground and pound me out or definitly decision me. so im looking forward to a rematch , it pretty much has to happen .

Wish there wasnt so much controversy surrounding this fight , We both just did what we thought we had to do

43. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

Don’t you guys both have the same manager?

How did the manager not do his job in notifying both of you with the number of rounds?

This is odd.

44. mike kent says:

I knew the # of rounds that the fight was . I was told of it 3 and 1/2 weeks out . It was announced at the weight ins , it was announced at the event. The contract i signed was for 5 rounds.

I do believe Cody when he says he didnt know but everyone from my camp and at the venue and that i talked to knew . It seems they just assumed that it wasnt or neglected to ask. Super Odd shitty deal but i knew going in that it was 5 rounds

45. smash says:

Since when is a non-title fight 5 rounds? That should’ve been a 3 rounder, and I would assume it would be a 3 rounder if I was competing since Kent didn’t make weight.

Look at it this way. Has there ever in the history of MMA been a title fight where one person missed weight, and the fight went on the next day as a 5 rounder. No chance. Only example I can think of is Silva vs. Lutter Originally scheduled for a 5 round title fight, shit happened, therefore changed to a 3 rounder.

My opinion is Krahn got screwed by the shady E.C.C boys. I heard Martell and crew lied to Whitlock’s manager about the order of the fights too, ahhaha go figure.

46. mike kent says:

Smash i didnt miss weight , you should get the facts straight before you comment like you know everything.

I came in a pound under the contracted weight of 195. It was a title fight and one month out got changed to a non title catch weight fight. not the day of or the week of so i didnt miss weight. i signed on for 5 rounds. The only fucking person that got screwed is me out of any kind of pride in my win.i battled back and won a fight after being beat on for three rounds and what do i get for it ?? accused of lying , cheating and screwing people. The fight i agreed to was 5 rounds and i won within those 5 rounds . Cody didnt know and im very sympathetic for that but why he didnt know should be examined a little closer and alot of the people pointing fingers need to except blame themselves

47. smash says:

I don’t know everything, but I do know almost everything. Perhaps “missing weight” was a bad choice of words. Your very sensitive about that eh? hhmm. What I meant was that the original contract was for a 185 pd title fight, if you come back a Cpl weeks later and say hey man I can t make 185 lets fight at 195, then I would assume the title fight is off, and its back to a normal 3 rounder. That’s all Im sayin.

48. mike kent says:

Wll i know a few fighter that if accused of missing wieght by ten pounds would be a little sensitive. I was hurt , i could make 185 the fight was changed to 195 and i was told then that it had to remain a 5 rounder becuase it was main event and thats the way they wanted it , Thats the last i though about it and nobody told me differently.

49. teddy ash says:

Props to the 2 fighters that got in the cage and fought.. the only 2 guys that aren’t on here bitching about it.. everyone else is on here whining like little bitches about something that doesn’t even affect them.. we’ve heard both sides of the story and know where the confusion lies. what happened happened, they fought 4 rounds. props to cody for going all out and putting it on mike for 3 rounds, and props to mike for fighting through those 3 rounds and coming back in the 4th with a huuge win, keep your pride and hold your head high. these 2 agreed to go at it again, 3 rounds, at 185 to settle the score between the two of them not for the rest of you, soo go flick your bean you pussies and let the fighters fight through they’re own battles instead of bitching about something that already happened, it cannot be changed, it is what it is, lets move on, and get ready for the rematch