Canadian Rumour Mill – February 4
When I heard that Score Fighting was no more,
I was sad all the way down to my core.
Their end was a big blow to the sport,
And it left Canada one top promotion short.
I was hoping that the news was a horrible dream,
But had my week brightened when Big Foot knocked out The Reem.
On to my rumours!
- Tyson Steele will be bringing his Hulk Smash style for MMA back to Vegas, and hopefully this time he is on NBC Sports, when he appears on World Series of Fighting 2 on March 23rd. All aboard! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa! Tyson Steele is going off the rails on a Gracie train! Igor?
- I know how you guys all love “interesting banter”. Read this fun little exchange between Tyler Davis and Eric Perez with comments and thoughts thrown into the mix by others who feel they’re important enough to be heard! If Perez was the self proclaimed “Face of CFC” has he replaced Colonel Sanders as the “Face of KFC”? http://topmmanews.com/forum/canada-mma/tyler-davis-vs-eric-perez-all-or-nothing/page-3/#p4612
- Worried about MMA in Quebec, I might have some good news for you. First, Wreck MMA is kicking things off and coming back on March 28th with a much needed Quebec MMA show. It looks like even more are MMA events are on the horizon as up to four new promotions are lining up for permits with the RACJ. Finally!
- If a D-Bomb hits in Ft Mac, is it felt in Edmonton?
- I guess Edmonton needs more MMA promotions… Legends Training Centre will be starting up an amateur MMA promotion, Legends MMA Series. Still not really sure about whether amateur MMA is legal or not, but I guess Legends MMA Series is confident enough in the legality of this situation to go ahead with ammy MMA.
- Avant Garde will hold a MMA show this year in Sarnia, obviously there will be no working with The Score on this one. :(
- You want a fun fight? How about Syd Barnier vs Dimitri Waardenburg at the Wreck revival show. The crowd will definitely be going home happy after watching that fight!
- Jesse Fox lost his opponent (Cory Gower) for AFC Contenders 2 and Eric Wilson lost his opponent (Sean Quinn) for Fivestar Fight League 4. So what happened? Well, someone at Aggression FC got all smart on us and decided to pair up the two lone survivors from the injury frate trane that hit the Feb 22nd fights and have the Fantastic Mr. Fox take on Eric “Le’go my leg’oh” Wilson.
- Jose Rodriguez is out against Stephen Beaumont at AFC Contenders. Tim Jenson replaces Jose at a catchweight of 158lbs. Anyone else wonder if Jose will ever be back in the cage? Or anyone from Team Ringshark for that matter!
- The “real” and unauthorized reason for Sean Quinn dropping out due to injury of the previously mentioned scrap with Eric Wilson? Quinn suffered a mid-body injury while dealing with his morning sickness from him being pregnant with his first child. His body, HIS choice!
- Sheldon Westcott will get back to active competition when he takes on Aaron Shmyr for Fivestar in Yellowknife on April 13th.
- The Fist of the North Star, Matt Veal, will be looking to continue his utter dominance of the Minnesota MMA scene when he takes on Nick Compton for Driller Fights on March 23rd.
- So it looks like the competitiveness hasn’t died off in Curtis Demarce and the lack of competition has lead to a whole buncha frustration. And I quote: ” For all the “fighters” out there that play the role that they will fight anyone at any time then when they get offered a fight they say ‘no’ or come up with a excuse. One week later, they complain they can’t find a fight or nothing is going on. If it’s a tough fight, that’s what you want. If its an easy fight, well then its a win. So why be a Coward? For all the so called ‘fighters’ out there that have done this and do it, Justice will be served and I will be taking over this Featherweight Division regardless. Time to put your purse away and grab a pair and step up. You know who you are!”
- Oh, and Will Romero, Curtis Demarce is looking at you as well. The only reason Curtis Demarce says he “is happy to see the Score closing its doors is that he hopes Will Romero comes to the AFC where he can stop ducking Demarce.” Demarce wants Tristan Johnson and John Fraser as well! Wow, the Demon’s collar is hot as hell!
- Josh Russell submitted Mike Yackulic and Garrett Curran submitted Andrew Gummer at Submission Ace’s Super Fights. There were a ton more competitors with MMA experience competing at the tournament, but you’ll have to find that info somewhere else cuz I’m not giving it to you!
- It looks like “Showtime” will get his shot at K-1 redemption on February 28th . Markhaile Wedderburn will be getting his 2nd shot at K-1 glory when he competes for K-1 at the Arnold Sports Festival at Battelle Grand in Columbus, Ohio. Shortly after contract negotiations where complete, “Showtime” may have been heard yelling “I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I’m going to ram it into your stomach and break your goddamn spine!”
- Brad Blood! Brad Causey and Brad Cardinal will finally square off in a Lightweight duel at Xcessive Force Fighting Championship 1 on March 30th. Expect, Pride Gym’s CJ Bagg and Jordan Knippelberg to be added to the list of fighters appearing on this Grande Prairie event.
- From the Yeesh Department: Tank Abbott will take on Warpath on April 13 in the USA.
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.