Aggression FC Launches 2013 With Contender Series Followed By Mega March

AFC-THUMB(AFC Press Release)

The Aggression Fighting Championship(AFC) has emerged as Canada’s eminent provider for MMA events in Canada.  In order to groom the most talented fighters  and to showcase the best fighters across Canada, the AFC will be holding its second installment of the “Contenders Series” on Feb 22 in Edmonton, Alberta at the Capilano Convention Center. The series will be headlined by former AFC LW champ Stephen “Big Bad” Beaumont and will feature AFC reality shows “Make Me A Fighter” season one coach Mike “The Noose” Newton. The pro card also features Jesse Fox and Corey Gower. The amateur portion features several of the reality shows contestants and an exciting female MMA fight.

AFC “Contenders” II will be followed up by AFC 15 “THE IDES” and will feature former “TUF” alumnus Michael Hill taking on Josh Kitchen. Hill was a Canadian standout in the last installment of TUF and made the semi finals. Hill will be fighting March 15 at the Telus Convention Centre in Calgary Alberta. The card also features current top 10 standout Joel Powell, as well as Noah Ali, Jaret Evans, Charmaine Tweet and the pro debut of Trent House.

AFC 16 “UPRISING” in Winnipeg Manitoba and AFC 17 in Edmonton will take place simultaneously on March 23. The Winnipeg Convention Centre will once again play host to the AFC fight night which will feature UFC vet and Manitoban Nick Penner. Also appearing on the card are Curtis Brigham, Louis Fisette, Jarod Milko, Chris Stranger, Lindsey Hawkes and the expected return of Brandon’s own Curtis Demarce.

On the same night, starting one hour later in Edmonton, Alberta, The Shaw Conference Centre will be the battleground for AFC 17 “ANARCHY” where fans will be able to see the following fighters: Edmonton’s own Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford, KB Bhullar, Stephen Beaumont, Sheldon Westcott and an expected Light-Heavyweight title fight with Tim Chemelli. In addition, members of the “Make Me A Fighter” reality show will be making their pro debuts.

For all ticket information or other updates go to WWW.AGGRESSIONFC.COM

73 Responses to “ Aggression FC Launches 2013 With Contender Series Followed By Mega March ”

1. Joe Doerksen says:

Pretty cool. AFC boys are staying busy

2. Don't Call Me Leon says:

@ Joe,

They are indeed, so will you join in and be on AFC 16?

BOOM!

4. Dorion says:

I was looking forward to seeing Ryan Ford in the bellator tournament.What happened there?

5. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Love this idea… the AFC definitely making a statement in Canadian mma…

6. MMA NEWS says:

Hope the card stays the same as after the last edmonton card it’s hard to trust what they say as the results show it’s slightly misleading.

7. Jamie Locke says:

I’m not sure if it’s ever been clarified on here before, but is John Salter still the AFC MW Champ?

Do they have any champions since the merger other than LW?

8. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Hopefully the thumbs down are just because it’s me posting….because if you truly believe that AFC isn’t making a statement in Canadian mma…you need your head checked…since the merger…the have put on the most shows and are willing to fly in fighters from other parts of Canada and by the looks of it will continue to do so…AFC in my books is one of the leading MMA promotions in Canada…here come the thumbs down…

9. Fighter says:

As a fan only that bought a table at their last card at the Shaw, I wouldn’t say they are making a positive statement.
    I would love to be a fan again but no dinner,the fights lasting only 10 minutes in total, trainers fighting in the crowd and no Ryan Ford as promised. It left a pretty bad taste.
    How will AFC make me and my crew fans again?
    Thumbs down Shane!

Every promotion is going to have a disappointing showing every now an then, all the way up to the UFC, just look at UFC 149… I think they deserve a chance to make it up to fans and with the fighters they’ve announced so far they seem to be off to a good start.

-I’m pretty sure the dinner issue was known before hand, and the reasoning was explained
    -It’s MMA, you’re not guaranteed a certain amount of fight time, that’s a risk you take when you buy a ticket
    -Aggression officials have nothing to do with what goes on in the crowd
    -As with any fight card there’s always that little disclaimer in the fine print “card subject to change”

11. Fighter says:

OK Cody,
    When I bought the table nobody told me there wasn’t a dinner. Last AFC card i went to at the Shaw had a dinner!
    Subject to change!!!!!! Are you friggin kidding me. All the fights I went to see were off.
    Your statement doesn’t make me want to go to an AFC event at all now!!!
    I was hoping someone would say something about how the Contender series is going to be way better with way better fights.
    Way to scare me off even more, you friggin weirdo.

12. booboo says:

ALL DO RESPECT TO THE AFC . THE LAST SHOW WAS SHIT AND WE ALL KNOW IT , JUST HAVE TO TRUST THAT THEY HAVE A GREAT ROSTER AND IF THE CARD GETS RAPED LIKE THE LAST ONE , THEN THEY NEED PUT FIGHTERS ON CALL , IF POSSIBLE BECAUSE THE LAST CARD WAS SO BEEFED UP WITH GREAT KNOWN FIGHTERS BUT AT THE END IT WAS LIKE GOING TO AN MMA SHOW IN THE LATE 90 S , UNKNOWNS FOR A BIG TICKET PRICE WHEN WE ALL EXPECTED TO SEE OUR FAVORITES CANADIAN FIGHTERS . I JUST HATE IT WHEN EXPECTATIONS ARENT MET WHEN YOU PAY YOUR MONEY FOR IT .

13. booboo says:

THE AFC HAS A GREAT ROSTER NOW , NO EXCUSES WHY THEY CANT PUT ON A FANTASTIC SHOW !

14. Josh Machan says:

After ufc 149 you guys must never watch a ufc again. Deepest roster period, yet that was one of the worst main cards I have ever seen.

No card is immune to injuries or line up changes

15. booboo says:

THEN HAVE FIGHTERS ON STAND BY !

16. Fighter says:

Your right BooBoo. I just want to see good match ups for the money I lay down.

Nice comparison Josh! Swing and a miss

17. Josh Machan says:

Your complaining about ticket prices now, good luck finding people who are going to be in fight shape for free to maybe fight.

18. MMA Edmonton says:

I suggest to just buy tickets the doors as after weigh ins hopefully the line up doesn’t change much (victor only exception)

That solves all BS and debut buy tickets at door verse ahead of time.

19. Fighter says:

WHAT?????Nice one!! That will never happen. Are you kidding me!
    Like I’m going to make plans, grab a group of buddies, drive to the fights and get to the door and turn around and leave because the AFC couldn’t keep their act together.Give me a break.

20. Fighter says:

Here is what I would do if I was the AFC. I would get hold of all the “CUSTOMERS” that bought tables at the Shaw.I would give them a couple free or discounted tickets, not a table, just a couple tickets to get them back interested.
    If you understand business, it’s all about your return on investment. Return customers and referals. Never over promise and under deliver..
    If you make a mistake you need to earn back your “CUSTOMERS”trust. It might cost a little at first but it pays huge dividends.

21. Darren Owen says:

I understand blame will always get put on the promotion. There were a series of unfortunate incidences that occurred last Edmonton show.
    Southern vs Alessio, Alessio poked in the eye can’t fight. No problem Mazany was already scheduled as a back up, damn Mazany broken hand can’t fight. Anyone else want to fight Southern on 2 weeks notice? Nope.
    Ryan Ford vs Tyler Jackson, 6 days out Jackson tears his bicep. Scramble for opponent found US fighter who agrees to take the fight on 5 days notice book his flights next day he decides to back out claiming personal issues. Scramble again to find someone to fight Ford on 2 days notice. Called Buckland, he agrees to take the fight for a large amount of money, AFC agrees to pay a large amount to save Fords fight and keep the fans happy. AFC books 3 flights for Buckland as part of his terms. Next day 3 hours before flights are scheduled to takeoff Buckland calls and says he’s injured his shoulder hitting mitts with a sauna suit on cutting weight and he can’t fight.
    AFC paid for Jackson’s flights, US guys flights, Bucklands 3 flights all non refundable. We did whatever we could do to save that fight.
    Valimaki vs Al-Hassan, Valimaki had complications cutting weight. He wanted to but doctor wouldn’t clear him a half hour before his fight.
    Unfortunatly shit happens. These are facts not excuses. We do apologize for the shit that happened, it’s not a lack of us not trying to deliver the goods to the fans.
    Fighter please email me and we will try to make it right and earn your future business Darren@AggressionFC.com

22. Fighter says:

Thanks Darren.
    I’ll e-mail later today.

23. Cody R says:

Fighter, dude this isn’t NHL, or football, etc this is a combat sport where guys put everything into trying to be the best, right down to the last week and then cutting weight, all that stress on the body is bound for an injury.

24. Fighter says:

Ok Cody,Thanks for that big guy. I totally forgot, I thought it was the NHL dude.
    Thanks again Tips.

25. MMA Edmonton says:

@Darren I call BS plane tickets are always transferable yes non refundable but useable for future events.

Your really out zero $.

Save the pitty talk

26. Mike R says:

^ You’re an idiot.
    They are non refundable when you cancel in that time period and when you book with a consolidator.

27. booboo says:

@DARREN – I AGREE WITH FIGHTER FOR THE MOST PART , I KNOW YOUR ROSTER HAS SOME OF THE BEST FIGHTERS IN CANADA NOW THAT ARE GOING TO FIGHT FOR THE AFC . SAYING THAT I JUST THINK , WITH YOUR ROSTER I AM SURE , FOR A SMALL FEE KEEP FIGHTERS ON STAND BY FOR YOUR TOP TALENT , JUST IN CASE THIS SHIT HAPPENS LIKE LAST TIME . I LOVE THE AFC , GREAT ROSTER OF FIGHTERS AND AM SURE IF YOU PUT FORD ON THE CARD AND HAVE A REPLACEMENT FIGHTER READY , IF NEED BE ( FOR A SMALL FEE )A HEAD OF TIME THEN MABE YOU WOULDNT HAVE TO SCRAMBLE AT THE LAST MINUTE TO FIND A FIGHTER WHO HAS THE BALLS TO STEP IN WITH THE TOP TALENT YOU HAVE ON YOUR ROSTER . SAYING WITH MUCH RESPECT AND TY DARREN . IMO

28. Booboo, its not a bad idea in theory. Thinking out loud maybe we dont book flights till the week of the fight to ensure chance of last minute injuries is reduced. This could work with a few of the fights but ford is a bit of an anomoly. We have to get opponents approved by bellator and turnaround at bellator is somewhat slow. Finding opponents for ford is hard enough finding multiple opponents that bellator will approve seems even harder.

29. Shane BTP Mountney says:

For all intents and purposes AFC is still in it’s infancy as a promotion…and saying that… things aren’t always gonna workout…from what I see they are doing great things for Canadian fighters and Canadian mma… and are working all the bugs out…nothing is perfect…but these guys sure work their buts off to try and make it perfect…Advanced you guys keep doing what your doing…I have had both the privilege to work with AFC. As a coach and watch their show as a fan…and it wasa very professional and pleasant experience…Fader…Moin… Darren keep doing what you doing guys…you do an awesome job….just my .02$

30. booboo says:

I UNDERSTAND THE FORD , BELLATOR SITUATION . AFC HAS FANS , FORD FAN TOO , BUT AS A FAN ( HARD FUCKING CORE ) I THINK WITH THE BEST TALENT IN CANADA , ON YOUR ROSTERS NOW , AFTER THE MERGER , IT WOULDNT BE TO HARD TO GIVE US WHAT WE PAY FOR AND THATS QUALITY SHOW FOR MY BUCK AND IF YOUR NEXT SHOW IS LIKE YOUR LAST IT WOULD BE REAL HARD FOR ME TO INVEST IN PPV OR BUY A TICKET AGAIN SO IF IT TAKES A COUPLE GUYS ON EACH CARD ON CALL THAT US FANS LOVE , THEN WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT? AFC HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE THE BEST IN CANADA AND THE ROSTER , SO SHOW US FANS OF THE SPORT IN 2013 THAT YOU R THE BEST. I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT 2 SHOWS HOPEFULLY ITS WORTH THE MONEY , THE LAST ONE WAS NT !

31. Derrick Garrison says:

Flights are almost never transferable – fighter, tell me which airline you fly?

Almost every airline company will only transfer plane tickets if its for the original person who cancelled. Therefore, in this case buckland could get three free trips from the airline they had to cancel with.

On a side note – people are a tad stupid if they think its the promotions fault when people backout due to injuries. No other way to put it, just stupid

32. Nathan Swayze says:

I have to weigh in on this reserve thing guys, there is no way I or almost any fighter I know is going to train for minimum 8 weeks, cut god knows how much weight and really be mentally prepared for a small fee. Most guys make more money on their day jobs and fight because we love it. If a guy was getting a full fight purse then maybe it would be worth it to have the opportunity to train and get paid but it’s a stretch to think an organization can afford to pay double and on top of that if I’m going to train like that why wouldn’t I just book a fight? That card got creamed for sure but it’s bound to happen once in a while. Try being the guy who loses his opponent 2 days out, I’ve been there, it sucks but you still can’t blame the promoters.

33. Fighter says:

So in your opinions if a card fell apart like the last one, should I have the option to get my money back before the card starts? Tables only
    Or should the promoter postpone the show until their ducks are in order?
    I understand being a promoter is a tough gig. But like BooBoo said”I THINK WITH THE BEST TALENT IN CANADA , ON YOUR ROSTERS NOW , AFTER THE MERGER , IT WOULDNT BE TO HARD TO GIVE US WHAT WE PAY FOR AND THATS QUALITY SHOW FOR MY BUCK AND IF YOUR NEXT SHOW IS LIKE YOUR LAST IT WOULD BE REAL HARD FOR ME TO INVEST IN PPV OR BUY A TICKET AGAIN SO IF IT TAKES A COUPLE GUYS ON EACH CARD ON CALL THAT US FANS LOVE , THEN WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT? AFC HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE THE BEST IN CANADA AND THE ROSTER , SO SHOW US FANS OF THE SPORT IN 2013 THAT YOU R THE BEST. I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT 2 SHOWS HOPEFULLY ITS WORTH THE MONEY , THE LAST ONE WAS NT !”

34. booboo says:

WOW THIS SHIT IS GETTING TO SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD . AS A FANS PERSPECTIVE AND NOT A FIGHTERS , I DO AGREE WITH FIGHTER , I ALWAYS PAY UP FRONT FOR MY TICKETS ,TO ENSURE A SEAT THATS COMPATABLE TO MY EMPARMENT . I PERSONALLY HAVE TO GET A TABLE OR SIT CAGE SIDE SO I CAN SEE AND ENJOY THE SHOW . TO SAY TO BUY MY TICKETS AT THE DOOR BECAUSE A PROMOTIONS LACK OF ACOUNTABILITY TO ME IS BULLSHIT . CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE DOESNT MEAN THAT THE PROMOTION HAS THE RIGHT TO NOT FILL ITS OBLIGATION TO THE FANS AFTER WE SPEND FAT CASH ON A CARD THAT WENT SOUTH. IF A CARD GETS CHOPPED FOR WHATEVER REASON , THE FANS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR WHATS NOT RIGHT , ATLEAST GIVE US THE OPTION FOR A REFUND BEFORE FIGHT TIME . FOR THE RECORD I WOULD HAVE PAID DOUBLE TO SEE CHEMELLI KO KENT THO.

35. booboo says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 5 Thumb down 16

36. Demitri (trev) says:

Booboo your a joke

37. mike kent says:

Why is everyone shitting on the AFC for having one show that was plauged by injurys and bad luck. If i recall correctly darren gave everyone his personal email for people that werent pleased with the show to get their $ back . Alot of things happened that were completly out of the AFC’s control: Two of Ryan Fords oppenents got hurt within 1 week of fight and they tried everything and lost money trying to salvage it, Victor Valamakis weight cut, allesios eye and Mazanys hand. How are any of these things the promotions fault. FOr the first time in the history of the sport you expect a promotion to pay back up fighters to get in shape incase injuries occur ? shake your heads lol .

The AFC is one of the only shows out there that cares about there fighters and reputation and actually realizes that its the fighters that makes shows and treats them accordingly.

in combat sports people get hurt , They even offered money back.

Its crazy the hate their getting when there the only promotion out west putting on tons of shows in different provinces consistently. they had three shows in one month . thats huge for up and comers trying to find fights and exposure.

Every promotion falls victim to bad luck everynow and then

38. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Well said Mike!

39. booboo says:

I KNOW THE AFC AINT THE UFC , BUT , THE UFC DOES HAVE A LIST OF FIGHTERS READY AND WILLING TO GO AT ANYTIME JUST IN CASE THIS SHIT HAPPENS ( EXCEPTION OF 149 ). WHEN A FIGHTERS OUT , THEY GO DOWN THE LIST OF FIGHTERS WHO WILL TAKE THE FIGHT AT ANT NOTICE BECAUSE LIKE YOURSELF MIKE TRAIN EVERYDAY EVEN WITH OUT A FIGHT BOOKED. NOT TO LONG AGO EVEN YOU SAID YOU WERE JUST GOING TO BE IN FIGHT SHAPE AT ANY TIME AND TAKE SHORT NOTICE FIGHTS. ALL I WAS TRYING TO SAY WAS IF WE HAD MORE OF THE TYPE OF FIGHTERS (LIKE YOU SAID )LIKE YOURSELF READY , THEN THERE WOULD BE PLENTY OF FIGHTS ON ANY PROMOTION THAN 5 OR 6 . I AM STARTING TO BELIEVE TIM HAGUE WHEN HE SAYS THAT NOW THAT THERE ARE TO MANY PUSSYS IN THE FIGHT GAME. ITS FIGHTING NOT FUCKING BADMITTEN!!

40. T_Le_P says:

I don’t get it, I just don’t get it. We are not billionaires. We are just a group of guys, who happen to be fans of the sport just like the rest of you. Paying guys to be on call is just ridiculous, unless you own a casino. We took a chance to full fill our dreams of creating the top MMA promotion in Canada and I think we are doing pretty damn good. If you guys are truly passionate fans, like you claim to be, then why in the hell would you be bitching about our last event. It was the first time that none of the matches went the distance, making the event shorter than normal. In the past, you same guys probably bitched about the fights going too long because they all went to decision. It’s like going to the horse races and betting on a horse. Your horse slips and bites it. Do you bitch about that race and demand your money back? NO! Shit happens. MMA is unpredictable. I don’t even need to tell you all this because you already know. As for Daren, Jason, Phil, Steve, Harvey, Moin & myself. We all bust our asses to put on the best show possible for all of you. So give it a friggin rest if one show here or there doesn’t run smoothly. lol. I shall step off of my soap box now so you can all tear me apart. lol. Thank you all for supporting us. we appreciate you all. Even the haters.
    T_Le_P

41. Fighter says:

Mike,
    Your quote”If i recall correctly darren gave everyone his personal email for people that werent pleased with the show to get their $ back .”
    I wasn’t informed about getting my money back ever!!!!!

42. Fighter says:

I don’t want any money back or a free ticket. I’ll catch your next show but there is no way I’m buying another table or spending that kinda of dough until you guys get it.
    Reading the last 40 something post i see that most of you are brain dead fighters that are not catching what I’m putting down.
    Darren gets it. He understands business.
    I think BooBoo is the only other “Real Fan” on here that pays big money for entertainment and expects to get his money’s worth. Not some fighter want-a-be with their hand out for free tickets and say “shit Happens”

43. booboo says:

WHAT BULLSHIT , EVEN THE PPV S STREAM WAS SHIT AND EVERY MTHRFKR ON HERE WAS BITCHING ABOUT IT. IS THE NEXT STREAM GONNA BE SHIT TOO BECAUSE I DONATED MY MONEY IMO BECAUSE I DONT WANT MY MONEY BACK . I NEVER SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE TOWARDS THE AFC , JUST DISPLEASED IN THIER LAST PRODUCT . DARREN IMO IS THE ONLY ONE EVEN TRYING TO HERE BOTH SIDES , FIGHTERS AND THE FANS .

NOW THEY ARE SO CONFIDENT THEY CAN PULL OFF 2 SHOWS IN ONE NIGHT AFTER THIER LAST DISASTER . I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS SHIT PLAYS OUT AT THE END OF MARCH . REMEMBER WERE THE MONEY COMES FROM – THE FANS. THE FANS PAY AND THE FIGHTERS FIGHT WHATTHEFUCK IS THE PROBLEM ?

44. mike Kent says:

Mfc has good fights puts on 4 cards a year , score fighting series puts on great fights puts on few shows as well . AFC merged and came together and are growing at an incredible rate and getting some great named fighters . Doing things like three show in 1 month and 2 shows in one night are big risks and with risk come rewards such as being known as one of if not the biggest player in Canada and it also comes with risks like a card that could have been the most stacked ever falling apart in front of there eyes.

From my experience with the owners and promotion ( only 1 fight ) they treated me and all fighters like gold and it was a great experience . Even after losing they were very good to me and wanted to work in the future . They have there ups and downs but that comes with expanding. Atleast there trying to bring you quality mma on a regular basis , which is rare in canada ! We should be thankfull not bashing them

45. booboo says:

ENOUGH SAID . THATS ALL THE FANS WANT MIKE THNX.

46. booboo says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 0 Thumb down 12

47. Shane BTP Mountney says:

We all grow up and learn from our mistakes…it just takes some longer than others Boohoo…;)

48. booboo says:

@ TP- YA BULLSHIT HIS MNGMNT MADE QUIT TALKING SHIT ON HERE .

49. T_Le_P says:

Well said Mike K. I think half of these guys just like reading their own posts. No one listens to them in real life. So they “BITCH BLOG”. It’s kinda like a little girl that won’t shut up because they like the sound of their own voice. Now, I never mentioned any names but someone will come after me on here and tear me up. That’s the fun of it.
    Haha

50. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Lol you get use to it…no matter what I post I get jumped on…it’s par for the coarse around here…you guys at AFC do a hell of a job and there will always be someone with something negative to say no matter what…”you have enemies.. good that means you stood up for something”…Winston Churchill