Aggression FC Launches 2013 With Contender Series Followed By Mega March

AFC-THUMB(AFC Press Release)

The Aggression Fighting Championship(AFC) has emerged as Canada’s eminent provider for MMA events in Canada.  In order to groom the most talented fighters  and to showcase the best fighters across Canada, the AFC will be holding its second installment of the “Contenders Series” on Feb 22 in Edmonton, Alberta at the Capilano Convention Center. The series will be headlined by former AFC LW champ Stephen “Big Bad” Beaumont and will feature AFC reality shows “Make Me A Fighter” season one coach Mike “The Noose” Newton. The pro card also features Jesse Fox and Corey Gower. The amateur portion features several of the reality shows contestants and an exciting female MMA fight.

AFC “Contenders” II will be followed up by AFC 15 “THE IDES” and will feature former “TUF” alumnus Michael Hill taking on Josh Kitchen. Hill was a Canadian standout in the last installment of TUF and made the semi finals. Hill will be fighting March 15 at the Telus Convention Centre in Calgary Alberta. The card also features current top 10 standout Joel Powell, as well as Noah Ali, Jaret Evans, Charmaine Tweet and the pro debut of Trent House.

AFC 16 “UPRISING” in Winnipeg Manitoba and AFC 17 in Edmonton will take place simultaneously on March 23. The Winnipeg Convention Centre will once again play host to the AFC fight night which will feature UFC vet and Manitoban Nick Penner. Also appearing on the card are Curtis Brigham, Louis Fisette, Jarod Milko, Chris Stranger, Lindsey Hawkes and the expected return of Brandon’s own Curtis Demarce.

On the same night, starting one hour later in Edmonton, Alberta, The Shaw Conference Centre will be the battleground for AFC 17 “ANARCHY” where fans will be able to see the following fighters: Edmonton’s own Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford, KB Bhullar, Stephen Beaumont, Sheldon Westcott and an expected Light-Heavyweight title fight with Tim Chemelli. In addition, members of the “Make Me A Fighter” reality show will be making their pro debuts.

For all ticket information or other updates go to WWW.AGGRESSIONFC.COM

73 Responses to “ Aggression FC Launches 2013 With Contender Series Followed By Mega March ”

1. Booboo's a douch says:

Booboo are you still yapping?

Will you ever shut up?

Have you ever played a sport in your life?

You literally sound like an 12yr old on here. Make that a 3 year old with your spelling

2. booboo says:

IM CONVINCED NOW , THE WAY YOU TALK ABOUT YOUR FANS , WHO THE FUCK WANT S TO SUPPORT YOUR PROMOTION , NOT ME IM DONE WITH THE AFC , I WONT BUY A CHOPPY ASS PPV OR TICKET . YOUR TALENT IS GREAT BUT YOUR AN ASSHOLE . NO WAY NOW YOU MAKE ONE DIME ON ME ANY MORE . TAKE THE PPV REFUND FROM THE LAST SHOW AND SMOKE YOU A BONG HIT WITH IT , YOU MIGHT REALISE ITS THE FANS WHO PAY TO BE ENTERTAINED AND I THINK YOU WOULD DO A BETTER JOB AT IT IF YOU BURNED ONE RETARD!

3. you sure have a pretty mouth

4. Nathan Swayze says:

@Fighter did you really just call the fighters that commented braindead? You think that your griping shows us that you have a keen understanding of business? If you had any concept of business you’d know that there are variables that you can’t control. Darren does display his business sense in that he knows that you allow the customer to feel right even when he is being a dipshit. I on the other hand don’t care, most of the fighters are the biggest fans and that’s why they get into MMA. What really irritates me about your comments is that you think your point is beyond our understanding when the truth is we get what your trying to say but we just don’t want to hear it. I assume I’ll be fighting on an AFC event soon, now you can spend your money to watch me get punched.

5. Jamie Locke says:

^I have and will continue to pay to see Roadhouse get punched in the face…

6. MMA NEWS says:

AFC-Group of MMA organizations linked together to look larger than they really are.

Each owner controls the area they live in.

It’s not a bad idea actually as it is a easy way to rise fast and get known.

Faults in the plan.

Press Releases a little off;

AFC becomes content provider for one of the largest online television networks September 11, 2012

155lbs division is stacked but whos going to put on the fights that matter & where?

The 155lbs champ Shane Campbell has the belt.

Who will fight him?

john alessio
    dave mazany

To name a few.

Good Luck

7. Darren Owen says:

Which one of us lives in Winnipeg? And there is way more to it than us running our own events in the cities we live in. And to answer who will fight Campbell, the most deserving contender will.

8. AMLEHTC says:

No one will be fighting Campbell for awhile , since he’s electing to fight in Muay Thai not Mma for the next 4-6 months

9. Demitri (trev) says:

Booboo – just shut up already.

No one cares what you have to say

10. Mike R says:

MFC has 4 events per year with 9 fights per event 36 total per year. They claim to be rolling out their Bantamweight division. How is their Feather-weight division going 1 fight all last year and it appears they have 1 Featherweight on their roster which they are making him fight at Light-weight. So what’s their plan for 135? How can they have a 135,145,155,170,185,205 and HW division. They have 2 HW’s on their roster, yes I’m sure they can sign more but let’s be honest here. They can’t create any real contenders and have no depth in any division. With 36 fights total per year over 7 weight divisions and really the undercard fights are irrelevant it’s becoming harder to keep buying Pavolich’s BS of being the Undisputed #1 show in Canada especially with half or more of his main card being US fighters. To break it down he’s getting Canadian fighters aprox 48 fights per year.

On the flipside the AFC looks like within one week they will be having aprox 48 fights within a 1 month time frame Feb.22 – Mar.23

As well they are the only company doing events at a high level in multiple cities across Canada. Don’t get me wrong MFC is a great regional show but I think by the end of this year AFC will be the Undisputed #1 show in Canada unless something interesting happens with Rogers and the Score. All competition between them is great for us fans.
    Just my 2 cents.

11. Demitri (trev) says:

Great beak booboo!

12. Shane BTP Mountney says:

Listen guys…I take more shit on here from booboo… than most… most of the time what he says I can agree with and sometimes he s out of his everlovin mind…I can understand his point about not getting value for his money on the last show…as upsetting to him it was I’m sure it was just as upsetting to the AFC… to not have the show they wanted…I’m quite sure the AFC does not want to lose Fans…Booboo..included… so personal attacks against him or any other person on here is not needed… BooBoo is as passionate about mma from a fan s point of view as I am as a coach and alot. Of you are as fighters…I know it’s not gonna stop…but I wish we could have more of a civil debate and posts about mma…guess only in a perfect world…anyhoo… my. 02$…now can’t wait for UFC tonight…how about you?

13. Idolmaker says:

I am the first to admit some situations are beyond anyone’s control. Up until Troy posted, I was all about the AFC, and sympathized with what they went through. His comment was arrogant, and not what I, as a fan of afc, wants to hear. One step forward with all the posting Darren does, two steps back with Troys post. I will not attend the next show, AFc will not suffer from this, but maybe certain factions of that ownership group, should not do any PR work. Hey it’s not meant for everybody.

14. booboo says:

@BTP- SIR I PROMISE AS A TRUE FAN THAT I HAVE DIRESPECTED THE PATION YOU DO HAVE FOR THIS SPORT , THAT BEING SAID I JUST REALIZED THAT YOU ARE DOING THE BEST FOR YOUR FIGHTERS AND NOW I NEED TO DO THE BEST AS A FAN , I DO REALIZE I GIVE YOU AND KENT MORE SHIT ON HERE THEN ANYONE AND MEBE I NEED TO THINK BEFORE I SPEAK AND I DO THANK MIKE KENT AND YOU BOTH FOR HELPING ME REALISE THERE IS MORE TO THE SPORT THEN BEING A FAN ( I DO HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS IN THIS SPORT , IN THE US AND CANADA ) AND DISRESPECTING PEOPLE ON HERE BECAUSE OF MY PATION AS A FAN IS UNCALLED FOR ON MY PART AND DISRESPECTFUL TO THE SPORT I CARINGLY LOVE DEARLY.

15. booboo says:

THAT BEING SAID , I AM NOT GOING TO CHANGE MY HARD CORE PRESENCE ON HERE , BUT WILL TONE IT DOWN A BIT FOR SURE . I HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR DARREN AND WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HIS PROMOTION FOR SURE ( TRUE STATMENT ) AS FAR AS TONY GOES , HE HAS ABSOLUTLY NO BUISNESS AT ALL INVOVED IN MMA THE WAY YOU TREATED THE AFC FANS AS A WHOLE ON YOU POSTS AND TREV , PLEASE QUIT READING MY POSTS , IT SEEMS YOUR LOSING TO MUCH SLEEP OVER SOMETHING YOU HAD NO BUISNESS REPLYING TO .

AGAIN THANKS TO THE REAL PEOPLE IN OUR SPORT , EVEN TOUGH WE AGREE TO DISAGREE WE ALL HAVE THE SAME LOVE IN THE END !!

16. terry robertson says:

booboo is such a flipfloppper, he spreads hate about fighters till they pay him a compliment then he kisses their ass. It’s worse than high school drama with that guy it’s more like middle school. I wish he would keep his blind ass shut cause he don;t know shit.

17. jim jones says:

Stop kissing AFC’s ass Mountney. dot dot dot

18. Shane BTP Mountney says:

It’s not ass kissing thanx… I’ve had a good experience with the AFC both as a coach and as a Fan…same goes for SFS… but no one was bashing them or I would have stated all the good things they have done especially for local fighters in Ontario…you don’t like it you don’t have to read it.. but than for trying to insult me…just another on the list…

19. Idolmaker says:

Jim jones sounds like a name I can trust! I’ll drink your kool aid!!!

20. Don't Call Me Leon says:

The real loser here is the english language and grammar! My head hurts reading some of the comments!

21. Shane Campbell says:

How much time would you like me to wait before defending my title? How long do most champions have between defending titles?
    What kind of opportunities benefit my career best?
    Do I care what you think?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, some clowns eh
    #to busy living my life

There isn’t enough time to fight everyone :(

22. canadx says:

Its an amazing level of whining in here from some guy called booboo .

Look mma has high injuries and weight failures- its the nature of the sport. Do you think afc breaks fighters hands or steals air tickets?
    Did anyone offer to train for 8 weeks, lose weight to maybe fight fight ford for get small fee?
    yes fans have rights but i have limit to hearing the same whines.

23. booboo says:

@CANADX- AFTER A MONTH OR SO OF NO POSTS ON THIS THREAD AND I AM STILL ON YOUR MIND ? DONT OBSESS TOO HARD WITH ME , YOU MIGHT FALL IN LOVE lol.