AFC Contender Series 2 – Edmonton – February 22

AFC-THUMBDate: February 22, 2013
Venue: Capilano Convention Centre in Edmonton, Alberta
Tickets:

Pro Fights:
158lbs- Stephen Beaumont (6-1) vs. Tim Jenson (7-1)
170lbs- Mike Newton (3-3) vs. Victor Van Embden (0-1)
135lbs- Eric Wilson (5-3) vs. TBA

Amateur Fights:
185lbs- Aaron Bosiak (0-0) vs. Boris Babsky (0-0)
205lbs- Teddy Ash (3-0) vs. Terick Carter (0-0)
125lbs- Lynell House (1-0) vs. Stephanie Essensa (2-0)
150lbs- Mark White (0-0) vs. Tony Touch (0-0)

72 Responses to “ AFC Contender Series 2 – Edmonton – February 22 ”

1. Tyrone says:

Teddy sounds like more of a douch than booboo, but not as douchy as pavelich

2. Just thought I would put some things in perspective. Zach B messaged me asking for a 205 fight on this card. At the same time Teddy’s coach asked if we had a pro fight for Teddy. Only pro option was Zach. I took a chance and Teddy Immediately accepted. Zach’s management didnt message me for a couple of days and Teddy started some playful banter to entice Zach to accept. Zach’s management declined the fight and Carter’s opponent had dropped out so both parties accepted an amateur fight. Mad respect to Teddy for stepping up. Terick Carter is one of the most gifted athletes I have met. He played University football in the maritimes and his athletic prowess showed during the filming of “make me a fighter”. These guys just want to fight and fight they will Feb 22.

3. snyper says:

Looking forward to supporting this card and keeping mma strong in Edmonton. Props to guys like Teddy Ash for getting in the cage and rounding out the card.

4. Donald Duck says:

Is someone going to explain the whole amateur sanctioning in Edmonton?

Donnie

5. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

Nope, that would require accountability.

All I know about it is that Andy Social and Bill Mahood were overseeing the amateurs at the Make Me A Fighter finale and I assume it’ll be the same for this event.

I could be wrong but this looks to be their website and I think it has been expanded to include Alberta (although that has not been reflected on the website). http://www.mixedmartialartsbc.ca/

7. Donald Duck says:

@Cody – As per their website:

“MMABC works with athletes, coaches, gyms, event promoters and officials to foster a safe environment for the growth of Amateur Mixed Martial Arts in the Province of British Columbia.”
    – Their mission statement is BC specific. I don’t doubt there could be some consulting going on but as per above I don’t know that they have sanctioning ability/authority outside of BC.

MMABC helps ensure athlete safety by also providing “3rd party regulatory oversight”.
    – This is the specific bit that talks about this but note the word ‘oversight’. This means to oversee or supervise and I don’t take that to mean ‘sanction’.

Advice is great but from a legal perspective what protection are the Amateur fighters in Edmonton being given?

Donnie

8. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

None

Like I said… I don’t know much about the amateur situation in Edmonton, and the website doesn’t seem to have been updated in quite a while and I believe they just recently expanded to Edmonton with the “Make Me A Fighter” series being the first event I’ve seen Bill Mahood and the MMABC involved in!

10. Teddy Ash says:

what if i shave my eyebrows and paint them back on? then can i be as big of a douche as pavelich ? lol its all good i knew id get some hate over my previous comments about zach, but like aggresionmma said in his comment i was just trying to entice him.. also thanks for having me on your card aggrressionmma and giving me the opportunity. see you all next week, cheers ppl

11. Zach B says:

Best of luck Teddy ! Looking forward to watching you fight

12. Teddy Ash says:

thanks dude.. no disrespect meant by what was said on the rumor mill.. best of luck to you to man

13. Bodwell says:

I still wanna fight come on I’m all moved in and looking for a fight, Anytime promoters, Don’t let these haters fool you,I’m ready to rock anytime,All my meds are good,If anyone Will let me fight?

14. Jerobe says:

Nobody wants too see you fight Bodwell. For real. You will come out swinging like a crazy man, then get tapped out with ease. Learn some Jitz. And MMA. You suuuuuuck.

15. AMLEHTC says:

I kinda doubt you really know what he deserves in life

UPDATE: Jesse Fox out due to knee injury, it’s unclear if Eric Wilson will remain on the card.

17. Fox says:

Want to say sorry to Eric and the AFC!! I Was having my last training session and my knee exploded during my warm up not sure what it was but I can’t walk on it and have no lateral stability!

Sorry everyone, I was really looking forward to this fight and have never been in better shape , was planning for FOTN!!
    Ill be back one day!

18. Donald Duck says:

Is Bodwell the Scott Blevins of Canada?

Donnie

19. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

LOL @ Blevins.

Nice pull

20. Marc-Andre Drolet says:

Bodwell has won a few fights, so maybe he can be the new Dan Wheatley

21. MMA News Stand says:

Great card lol

22. top quality says:

@Darren Owens your a squid.

Ok AFC edmonton’s last card was so lame
    Now this??????

AFC cancels yet another show.

Very unpro.