Canadian Rumour Mill – January 7
Great news with Jordan Mein moving over to UFC, looks like the sinking ghost ship of Strikeforce didn’t take him down along with it! The UFC stole my thunder on that piece of news, but here’s some more stuff I’ve read on the bathroom wall, heard from some boy toys, and had little birdies whistle in my ear that I thought I’d share with you all!
- Razak Al-Hassan vs Tim Chemelli are confirmed for AFC on March 23rd in Edmonton. Another confirmed fight on the card will be KB Bhullar who will take on Travis Cloud. Also look for Steve Beaumont, Mike Newton, and Zach Blaber to be among some of the fighters that are scheduled to fight on the show.
- AFC is looking to launch their “Contenders” Series of events in February. This series of shows will showcase both professional and amateur fighters. Some of the amateur fighters that will be featured are competitors from AFC’s reality show, “Make Me A Fighter”.
- Tyler Davis is publicly campaigning for a fight with Eric Perez. He’s requested promoters setup a fight between him and Perez at any weight above 135lbs.
- In a battle of two top Saskatchewan Bantamweights, Sean Quinn will be taking on Eric Wilson at Fivestar Fight League in Grande Prairie on February 22. Winner of this fight will inch back towards the top 10, while the loser should not quit their day jobs.
- Raphael Bergmann will be dropping to 205 lbs to take on Jon Ganshorn in the main event of the GP Fivestar show.
- Brent Fryia will be fighting in the main event of Big John’s MMA show in St. Ignace, Michigan, at Kewadin Casino
- All fighters drug tested by the Edmonton Commission at MFC 35 passed their test according to Pat Reid. Well done boys!
- Fivestar Fight League will return to Yellowknife on April 13th.
- Sounds like the Real Deal is still waiting for that phone call from Bellator to tell him when he is suiting up next. Maybe we will see the previously scheduled Ryan Ford vs TNT Jackson scrap if that phone does not ring.
- Congrats to Noah Ali of Champions Creed for his Muay Thai win in Phuket, Thailand. Check it out HERE!
- Wondering when the next SLAMM show will be? Well, we’re not too sure, as there is still no word on whether Interboxe was satisfied with SLAMM and will put on a SLAMM 2.
- Sarnia promoter, Woodrow James (3-0) is fighting for the first time in nearly three and a half years on February 9th in Port Huron, Michigan! He will compete at Middleweight in the amateur AFC card (no relation to Aggression FC). Many other Canadian schools will be represented at this show including Supreme, Adrenaline, Joslins, and Tapout.
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.